Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for Improvements on Wheelspin Problem

Greetings All, Max here

I am quite New to this Forum but not new to researching Vacuum Energy Applications(a few years now) and only some months ago decided to begin building these and in particular the Bedini SSG Energiser.

My video is attached below and articulates my present problem. That is I can only get 4 minutes out of the current wheel which is far below the 10-15 minutes(I have that people have even achieved 20 minutes!) that is commonly described on this Forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t_ow...ature=youtu.be

I am using Ball Bearings, the like-Tri Flow lubricant articulated in the Video and a 580mm diameter wheel. It spins well for first 30 minutes then slows

I am convinced it is not balanced. I believe to balance it I need to add weights(liquid nails suggested in a earlier thread http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=128) HOWEVER I hold little knowledge beyond that.
    It is also possible this is not the correct lubricant though I doubt that as the mechanics at the bike shop stated its similar to Tri-Flow.
    I know though for certain I have the wheel centre aligned to within 1mm tolerance so its spinning perpendicular to the base
    Finally, I have heard of using better bearings(ceramic?) though I am not sure if its neccessary? I would hope its possible to get a lot more from these present bearings...

Nonetheless, I would like some Feedback to improve the wheelspin time. Feel free to email me on maxgoenergy@hush.com

Hear from you soon

-Max

Max,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like your wheel is way out of balance. What you need to do is wait until the wheel stops and then add some weight to the top of the wheel to balance it out. Gravity will make sure that the heaviest weight is at the bottom of the wheel, meaning that the bottom of the wheel is heavier than the top of the wheel.

Stick something like a 5 cent piece to the top of the wheel and then give it another little spin. Wait until the wheel comes to a stop again - the heaviest part of the wheel will be at the bottom and the lightest at the top. Keep adding small weights to the top of the wheel until the wheel no longer rocks back and forth before coming to a stop.

It took me 3-4 hours to do this properly on a 27" bike wheel and I get 28 minutes free spin time. Your wheel also looks a bit small so you may only get around 15 minutes tops.

John K.

Comment

Like they said at the bike shop the lube is sitting in the bottom of the outer bearing race and is causing to much friction. Use compressed air from a compressor or air in a can to blow out the excess lube so it does not interfere with rotation. That will help your free wheel spin time as well.

The wheel spins so slow that no harm will come to the bearings even if you run them dry. On a larger bearing system I have found that after cleaning the grease out of the bearings and then washing them with varsol and then blowing them dry with compressed air gave the best free spin time over all types of light oils and lubes.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave Wing

Comment

1. "until the wheel stops" Is this when the wheel totally stops spinning including rocking or just before it starts to spin the other way following the end of the freespin motion? I am thinking you mean the complete end of any motion...

2. I will in future builds have a larger wheel. Do you use 16 or 24 magnets?
        I am currently using 16 magnets on my setup.
        15 minutes is still satisfactory though

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        Max,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like your wheel is way out of balance. What you need to do is wait until the wheel stops and then add some weight to the top of the wheel to balance it out. Gravity will make sure that the heaviest weight is at the bottom of the wheel, meaning that the bottom of the wheel is heavier than the top of the wheel.

Stick something like a 5 cent piece to the top of the wheel and then give it another little spin. Wait until the wheel comes to a stop again - the heaviest part of the wheel will be at the bottom and the lightest at the top. Keep adding small weights to the top of the wheel until the wheel no longer rocks back and forth before coming to a stop.

It took me 3-4 hours to do this properly on a 27" bike wheel and I get 28 minutes free spin time. Your wheel also looks a bit small so you may only get around 15 minutes tops.

John K.

Comment

So your basically saying do not use any lubricant...

How long has your wheels and bearings lasted for? And why is this not advised in the book+other pages I have found here?...

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
          Like they said at the bike shop the lube is sitting in the bottom of the outer bearing race and is causing to much friction. Use compressed air from a compressor or air in a can to blow out the excess lube so it does not interfere with rotation. That will help your free wheel spin time as well.

The wheel spins so slow that no harm will come to the bearings even if you run them dry. On a larger bearing system I have found that after cleaning the grease out of the bearings and then washing them with varsol and then blowing them dry with compressed air gave the best free spin time over all types of light oils and lubes.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave Wing

Comment

Originally posted by maxgoenergy View Post
            1. "until the wheel stops" Is this when the wheel totally stops spinning including rocking or just before it starts to spin the other way following the end of the freespin motion? I am thinking you mean the complete end of any motion...

2. I will in future builds have a larger wheel. Do you use 16 or 24 magnets?
            I am currently using 16 magnets on my setup.
            15 minutes is still satisfactory though
            1. When the wheel stops, no further motion.
            2. I have different wheels with different numbers of magnets. 16 magnets will be fine.

John K.

Comment

max,

the point fo this forum is to experiment to find out what works best for YOU. I find that if I clean out the bearings and use TRIFLOW lubricant and then balance the rim with the magnets on, it gives me the best free spin time. I have tried machine oil, excel plus (very expensive) 3 in 1 oil, wd 40, white grease, running dry.... if I talked about everything you could try to make your machine better, you would be in it hundreds of dollars just to get hi free spin time. for instance you could get a rim that has cassette bearings and run ceramics at 40 dollars each... but not neccessary. you could also put covers on the spokes to reduce wind resistance. you could press in a solid shaft and run magnetic bearings, but this is all beyond the scope of the books.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for the list. Eventually I would like to replicate the wheels in the Bedini videos...

Yes experimentation works well when there is items of varying interet but one would think when your dealing with something as such as the Lubrication(or there lack of) of a Wheel where these wheels are very similar(unlike a circuit or a coil etc) then there would be 1 or 2 methods that will run best for all. So far I have heard Tri-Flow. I have a similar brand(apparently) but do not know if that is appropiate? Then David Wing has said no lubrication. I will try these both along with the balancing but I would think there is 1 method that would fit all wheels given the little variation on these.

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                max,

the point fo this forum is to experiment to find out what works best for YOU. I find that if I clean out the bearings and use TRIFLOW lubricant and then balance the rim with the magnets on, it gives me the best free spin time. I have tried machine oil, excel plus (very expensive) 3 in 1 oil, wd 40, white grease, running dry.... if I talked about everything you could try to make your machine better, you would be in it hundreds of dollars just to get hi free spin time. for instance you could get a rim that has cassette bearings and run ceramics at 40 dollars each... but not neccessary. you could also put covers on the spokes to reduce wind resistance. you could press in a solid shaft and run magnetic bearings, but this is all beyond the scope of the books.

Tom C

Comment

I am only telling you only what I have found via my experimentation, varsol washed bearings blown dry did work very well. I should have added that the varsol came from a parts washer so it could have some grease or oil residue mixed in the varsol. But non the less when the bearings were blown dry they worked very well and gave the highest free spin time for my bearings... Better than dry graphite, wd40 and light oil.

You are free to figure it out on your own and come to your own conclusions and post them here. I would like to hear your feed back of what you find out.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                    max,

Tom C
                    Very good points Tom.

Comment

Well I will be implacing the advise John Koorn(and Tom C re-enforced) has provided basically because I have already started it. I will Certainly in the future attempt your technique following some runs...

Thankyou to all who have contributed so far

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
                      I am only telling you only what I have found via my experimentation, varsol washed bearings blown dry did work very well. I should have added that the varsol came from a parts washer so it could have some grease or oil residue mixed in the varsol. But non the less when the bearings were blown dry they worked very well and gave the highest free spin time for my bearings... Better than dry graphite, wd40 and light oil.

You are free to figure it out on your own and come to your own conclusions and post them here. I would like to hear your feed back of what you find out.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X