Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    The plasma is very full spectrum so very well could have those emissions - I can't verify anything. In an engine, even if there are, I see no way it will escape the engine block or head.

For bench tests, it is possible, but again, I don't know what the emissions are. I would like the answer to this as well.
    Aaron,
    Im convinced with your way of answering it..Indeed when you said 'The plasma is very full spectrum so very well could have those emissions' guess what! its only a matter of it being in the conventional Tranverse EM or the Teslian Longitudial or Scalar format of the emmission. just a reference : from JB's old website in the first fews paraghaps of the TESLA SWITCH SECTION:
    ''We used as a starting point for our experiments, the switching device John Bedini had built for the Tesla Symposium. Our goal was to upgrade this switching device for ordinary car or motorcycle batteries.

Because we had already learned that the efficiency will go up the more we load the circuit, we decided to load this Tesla circuit also.

We found that when we connected a second lamp, the first lamp instantaneously became brighter.

Each time we disconnected and connected one of the light bulbs or other loads in the circuit, we saw a spark about a half inch long. The light of this spark was noticeably different from the light of sparks observed when experimenting with high voltages. We discovered that in addition to X-rays we were also generating scalar waves. These were detecting using a scalar wave detector built by John Bedini, which was based on a plan furnished by Tom Bearden.

Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Hi All,

I just finished a replication of Aaron's 555 timer circuit driving a street-fire MSD module thru a MSD Blaster coil. Here's a video of it installed over a fogger unit while I was demonstrating it to my son and grandson (and exposing them to dangerous radiation - LOL ).

The video starts out with a surface gap plug installed without fog and then with fog. Next comes a regular plug with conventional gap. It runs both with and without fog added. Then a little propane gas is added (both with the fog and without the fog), and finally I show my plasma lighter.

We all lived thru the experiment and my son Bob took the video.

Last edited by Gary Hammond; 04-03-2018, 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
        Hi All,

I just finished a replication of Aaron's 555 timer circuit driving a street-fire MSD module thru a MSD Blaster coil. Here's a video of it installed over a fogger unit while I was demonstrating it to my son and grandson (and exposing them to dangerous radiation - LOL ).

The video starts out with a surface gap plug installed without fog and then with fog. Next comes a regular plug with conventional gap. It runs both with and without fog added. Then a little propane gas is added (both with the fog and without the fog), and finally I show my plasma lighter.

Hi Gary,
        Excellent!...you seem to have enjoyed the Circuit just wanted to know
        What did you show to us in the end of the video somthing like an handheld Ionizer???
        Best regards,
        Faraday88.

Comment

• Hi Faraday88,

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          ................................ What did you show to us in the end of the video somthing like an handheld Ionizer???
          Best regards,
          Faraday88.
          That is a "plasma lighter" sold for lighting cigars and pipes, but it works great for starting any kind of fire! It has 6 electrodes driven by a so called "Tesla Circuit" that produces a plasma effect. It will operate in any position, won't blow out in the wind, won't leak in your pocket, is rechargeable from any USB port, will ignite wet paper, and only costs $20. And if you buy two of them you can get free freight on Amazon.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

That is a "plasma lighter" sold for lighting cigars and pipes, but it works great for starting any kind of fire! It has 6 electrodes driven by a so called "Tesla Circuit" that produces a plasma effect. It will operate in any position, won't blow out in the wind, won't leak in your pocket, is rechargeable from any USB port, will ignite wet paper, and only costs $20. And if you buy two of them you can get free freight on Amazon.
            Hi Gary,
            Thank you for that little brief..could you send a picture and prefferably a vidoe of it..
            sounds interesting.. is this backed up bya fuel liquid ect..?
            Best Regards,
            Faraday88.

Comment

• Hi Faraday88,

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
              Hi Gary,
              Thank you for that little brief..could you send a picture and prefferably a vidoe of it..
              sounds interesting.. is this backed up bya fuel liquid ect..?
              Best Regards,
              Faraday88.
              This is getting a little off topic, but is still related, since it's still a plasma device that ignites a flammable substance. Here's a link to amazon where I bought it from. Got one for my grandson and one for me.

It uses an internal rechargeable battery only. No gas or liquid required. Can be recharged from any device that has a USB port. Is available in either a twin or triple plasma design. There are pictures and a full description on the link page. https://www.amazon.com/ELECTRIC-PLAS...21E&th=1&psc=1

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

This is getting a little off topic, but is still related, since it's still a plasma device that ignites a flammable substance. Here's a link to amazon where I bought it from. Got one for my grandson and one for me.

It uses an internal rechargeable battery only. No gas or liquid required. Can be recharged from any device that has a USB port. Is available in either a twin or triple plasma design. There are pictures and a full description on the link page. https://www.amazon.com/ELECTRIC-PLAS...21E&th=1&psc=1
                Hi Gary,
                First of all thanks for the link above for the Plasma lighter..
                This is certainly not off topic by any means... guess what..the type of Plasma with
                the plasma -arc uniform and concentric to the central electrode is quite difficult to achive..this makes it intriguing and relevant to Pulsed Plasma ignition circuit that we are discussing here.
                By type i mean the difference between Arc Plasma and Spark-Plasma, one is continous and the other is Pulsed.
                just my fews cents for tinkering..
                Best Regards,
                Faraday88.

Comment

Hi All,

Nice test setup Gary - I like the pipe method coming off the 5 gal bucket. Do you have an electrolyzer cell where you can take the water gas and inject it into that pipe somewhere below the level of the plug?
                  Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Hi Aaron,

Thanks for sharing your plasma method and 555 timer circuit with us. That was the inspiration for me to do this.

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                    ..............................................Do you have an electrolyzer cell where you can take the water gas and inject it into that pipe somewhere below the level of the plug?
                    NO, I haven't made an electrolyzer yet. I will first probably try adding propane to the pipe below the plug to see how that works.

I'm also thinking about electrically ionizing the fog, then pulling it thru a couple of ring magnets, and next some pulsed coils and infrared LEDs similar to Walt's patent. Might have to add an electrolyzer as well just to see what happens.

The plasma ignition is definitely going on my Bradley GT very soon and then maybe even the fogger. The Bradley already has a MSD 6A box and hall effect pickup installed, so all I need to add are the diodes. Plus it's electronically fuel injected with dash tuneable control module and an air/fuel ratio meter, so I can experiment with lean burn as well.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for sharing your plasma method and 555 timer circuit with us. That was the inspiration for me to do this.

NO, I haven't made an electrolyzer yet. I will first probably try adding propane to the pipe below the plug to see how that works.

I'm also thinking about electrically ionizing the fog, then pulling it thru a couple of ring magnets, and next some pulsed coils and infrared LEDs similar to Walt's patent. Might have to add an electrolyzer as well just to see what happens.

The plasma ignition is definitely going on my Bradley GT very soon and then maybe even the fogger. The Bradley already has a MSD 6A box and hall effect pickup installed, so all I need to add are the diodes. Plus it's electronically fuel injected with dash tuneable control module and an air/fuel ratio meter, so I can experiment with lean burn as well.
                      Definitely looking forward to those experiments!

Keep in mind in the engine under compression, the plasma gets even bigger because more air is jammed onto the plug.
                      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

When you have the test data, please let me know.

Thanks for the tip on the camera.

One useful tool for tuning is Colortune - a transparent spark plug you can get from the UK - you can see the color of combustion while the engine is running. I'd use it with plasma very sparsely because I don't think it will hold up too long. I have one and will try it this spring.

There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding about lean conditions - it's all half truths. The full truth is that a lean mixture cannot be properly ignited with a a common hv spark. However, that is where either hho or the plasma shines. The plasma ignition instantly dissociates hydrogen from the hydrocarbons but also from water, it then ignites that hydrogen and the hydrogen detonates with a high temp and fast speed and that ignited hydrogen is what thoroughly ignites the rest of the lean mixture. That is why you CAN run an engine indefinitely on a lean mixture with plasma. HHO is the same thing - too many people don't realize that HHO is not a fuel source, it is nothing but an igniter. The HHO can easily be detonated with a normal hv spark, then it does the same thing, high temp and fast speed flash that thoroughly ignites the rest of a lean mixture. Smokey Yunick and Robert Krupa idled a V8 engine with a 100:1 air:fuel ratio with a plasma jet ignition - no practical power but that proves the point.

In that sense, the HHO or the hydrogen freed up from the plasma impulse is nothing more than an incendiary device that ignites the rest of the lean mixture effectively. There is also a synergy with using both of them. If you're simply using EZ water, then you will get extra benefit with HHO and Plasma together.

Do you have a link to the Sosie water?

It is easy to go to 50% water/diesel mix but it requires a certain additive. It goes go way higher, but the stability isn't that long - 50% can hold a very long time. The plasma also has benefits for diesel. The plasma is so strong it can run a gasoline engine with diesel fuel - that shows how much energy is released. If I had the time or inclination, I'd modify a diesel gen set with a spark plug port to have the plasma work in synchrony with the compression.
                        Dyno day today.

Put the EnergyXciter on a 6/12 horse single cylinder engine that was developing 18.1Hp, The EnergyXciter raised the entire HP and torque curve, and resulted in almost 3/4 hp increase.

Then I tried to add the capacitors (3) on the spark plug, as your book explains, and the engine would not fire. it's as if the capacitors were acting as a kill switch. I got frustrated by not being able to get the engine to fire, because I know you have. Is there some type of diode on the capacitor circuit, that I'm not seeing?

Anyway, I added 10% distilled water to the methanol and got exactly the same hp/torque on the next pull. Except that the engine was running cooler. That's a good thing as these are air cooled engines and have to run 20 laps and heat is the enemy.

I then jumped up to 30% water/methanol mix and the engine would idle but wouldn't accelerate under the load of the dyno. I didn't realize it till I was about half way back, that I was seeing a lean condition and should have increased jet size to accomodate. However, there are max rules in the class that would only allow .002 jet size increase before it would be illegal to run the engine.

Tomorrow I'm dynoing a small block chevy on gas, and I want to try the diode plasma on it, but I could only get my hands on one diode.. Would it be alright to jump from the 12V side of the coil, through the single diode, then to the distributor wire? Or do I have to have independent diodes for each cylinder?

Comment

• Originally posted by theplummer View Post
                          Dyno day today.

Put the EnergyXciter on a 6/12 horse single cylinder engine that was developing 18.1Hp, The EnergyXciter raised the entire HP and torque curve, and resulted in almost 3/4 hp increase.

Then I tried to add the capacitors (3) on the spark plug, as your book explains, and the engine would not fire. it's as if the capacitors were acting as a kill switch. I got frustrated by not being able to get the engine to fire, because I know you have. Is there some type of diode on the capacitor circuit, that I'm not seeing?

Anyway, I added 10% distilled water to the methanol and got exactly the same hp/torque on the next pull. Except that the engine was running cooler. That's a good thing as these are air cooled engines and have to run 20 laps and heat is the enemy.

I then jumped up to 30% water/methanol mix and the engine would idle but wouldn't accelerate under the load of the dyno. I didn't realize it till I was about half way back, that I was seeing a lean condition and should have increased jet size to accomodate. However, there are max rules in the class that would only allow .002 jet size increase before it would be illegal to run the engine.

Tomorrow I'm dynoing a small block chevy on gas, and I want to try the diode plasma on it, but I could only get my hands on one diode.. Would it be alright to jump from the 12V side of the coil, through the single diode, then to the distributor wire? Or do I have to have independent diodes for each cylinder?
                          What capacitor discharge ignition system do you have discharging a cap to the primary of the ignition coil?
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

Glad you can adjust the fuel ratio too - what is the basic setup that you have to tune the injectors?
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Hi Aaron,

Could you please tell me if you have a generator to be used in the video that is in this posting video?

I have been working on fully vaporizing my gas and water with the hot manifold because of the high feat coming out of the cylinders which would make a dry steam and feed it into the engine with a plasma spark and the set up in this video looks like it could do the trick.

Can you help me?

Thank you
                              Ron

Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                              Hi Aaron,

Comment

What capacitor discharge ignition system do you have discharging a cap to the primary of the ignition coil?
                                If I understand the question correctly, It's using a stock stator style ignition, without any type of CDI.

I think I may have figured out the problem, I used used caps off of a couple of hot tub circuit boards and believe I may have burnt them up removing them from the board. I need to check the resistance of the caps to see if there is any. The soldering iron I used wasn't very good and had to heat the caps up quite a bit to get them to release from the board. That's what I get for trying to use used parts.

The ignition on the small block chevy is a typical MSD 6AL. I have one diode that you recommend. so, I was thinking about trying that one like a video I saw by attaching it directly from the charging side of the coil, to the distributor spark side. I suspect with a V8, that may be too fast a cycle time, and that's probably why you have one diode for each spark plug, but I'll give it a shot anyway, what do I have to lose?

Comment

Working...
                                X