Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutiple coils out of phase

Hi all,

Need some help here. I am cuious as to how......or is it possible to connect multiple coils (out of phase to the magnet arrangement) using the same input and same output? I hope I am asking this the correct way. I am asking this assuming that the magnets on the rotor are all equally spaced but the coils are not all equally spaced........and fire at different intervals from magnet to magnet.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried this but with no success. Electrical engineering is not my field of study.

Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
    Hi all,

Need some help here. I am cuious as to how......or is it possible to connect multiple coils (out of phase to the magnet arrangement) using the same input and same output? I hope I am asking this the correct way. I am asking this assuming that the magnets on the rotor are all equally spaced but the coils are not all equally spaced........and fire at different intervals from magnet to magnet.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried this but with no success. Electrical engineering is not my field of study.

Bud
    Bud, we need a bit more explaination, what are you trying to do, genny coils?

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Tom,

I was am concerned about hitting the battery with too much of a big spike. JB had once mentioned that one needs to be careful with how hard of a spike goes into the battery.........one that might cause a spark inside which would make for a very bad day. I can see this happening with a very large system.

Is there a way to break this large spike up into say a three phase system? Three or more smaller spikes going into the battery instead of one huge one?

Also yes to what you have said. How about a neg energy generator?

Bud
      Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Forrest,
        How big is the spike?
        John Bedini
        My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Hi John,

At this time I do not know how to measure it. But I am sure somewhere along the way I may find out. Just want to avoid that time in my life if possible. I am sure you have had this happen or you would not have mentioned it. Just would like to avoid finding out if at all possible. Do you have any info to share here?

How about a three phase neg energy generator? Is this how your three wheeler thirty coiler operated?

Bud

Comment

Hi All,

I know you are dying to know what has been going on so here is a sneak peek!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psad5b7791.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01a648a3.jpg

Bud

Comment

Hi All,

I know you are dying to know what has been going on so here is a sneak peek!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psad5b7791.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01a648a3.jpg

Bud
              ok that is about 400 lbs of aluminum, what are you trying to do? that is a lot of mass to try and spin with a monopole circuit......

Tom C

Comment

Hi John,

At this time I do not know how to measure it. But I am sure somewhere along the way I may find out. Just want to avoid that time in my life if possible. I am sure you have had this happen or you would not have mentioned it. Just would like to avoid finding out if at all possible. Do you have any info to share here?

How about a three phase neg energy generator? Is this how your three wheeler thirty coiler operated?

Bud
                Bud,

that 30 coiler was not Johns design, and no it was not 3 phase it was the equivilant of a 30 coil single output monopole. we need to be careful here about phases and cycles. monopoles are not AC devices, they are pulsed DC and they co not correspond to AC equivalants in terms of HZ. if you want AC you need a 3 phase wound armature. with alternating north and south magnets to create the sine wave.
                Tom C

Tom C

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for the info. I do understand that the monopoles are not ac devises. Just that I do not know any other way to explain breaking up the output spikes.

Bud

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for the info. I do understand that the monopoles are not ac devises. Just that I do not know any other way to explain breaking up the output spikes.

Bud
                    so you want to fire the coils independently of each other? or do you want to fire the coils sequentially to create "3" pulse trains coming off the device? sounds like you want to wire the coils, say 9 coils in threes around the rotor... if you do not want them to fire at the same time, then the magnets and rotor need to be spaced a certain way, or you could use a precessional arrangement wher ethe coil and magnet numbers do not match. the SG runs at 50 percent duty cycle, so you will need multiple rotors timed differently...... precessional rotors require more circuitry and triggers for each coil.

so any chance you could put up a drawing of what the finished machine will look like
                    Tom C

Comment

SSG / Ferriswheel combination

Hi Bud

Looks like you are building a SSG / Ferriswheel combination by looking at the size and at all the slots for magnets you have there, LOL

(Can see your stand is big enough to take 3 rows of stators with coils which means 3 rotors with magnets, just the weight of this will be a lot? )

You need to be more forthcoming to enable the guys to advice you here bud!

or ask TomC or JB or someone, if you can PM them before getting to involved here or/and getting it right first time.

Look at the EFTV video series part 2 about 1:12:38, JB talking about charging a set of golf chart batteries, while the batteries are on charge, see how bright the neon's are glowing, that is huge spikes doing that, is this what you are getting?

Same video at 32:54 look at the coil/magnet - arrangement on the 2 tier system, this is maybe what you need to consider.

My 2c worth !

Theunis
                      Last edited by Prinsloo; 02-02-2013, 06:09 AM. Reason: typo
                      Hey !
                      WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
                      JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Hi All,

I have been working on the 24 coiler when I get a chance. Have already done a RPM test on the large wheel and it works just fine. Very curious to get it running to see what the inertia of the wheel does to the performance. Looked closely at the wheel construction. I have many variables that can be made to use many different magnet configurations if needed. I want to take advantage of the mechanical energy and turn a alternator at the smaller root diameter of the flywheel. The magnets do stick out on either side for the wind resistance to act as a governor.

Currently the magnet setup is a superpole north setup with a piece of paper in between and on either side of the magnets. They are held in by the wedges with a 1/2" SMS bolt clamping them down tight. They will not move! this wheel turns with very little effort believe it or not. Am now working on the custom spools I am building out of lexan.

I am stalled out at this time. I am taking care of a close friend in the VA who saw way too much agent orange in NAM. He has about 1-2 years to go. Bone cancer. I go to see him twice a week and take care of his bills and his house as he has no family. I am cleaning up his home and trying to get ready to bring him home for his remaining days in comfort.

Getting back to the subject here are a few updated photos.
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psfa536625.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psa7b981a5.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psfb93ff46.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps79ee79b5.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6de13905.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psb5d926f1.jpg
                        http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...ps73661238.jpg

Bud

Comment

Hi Forrest,
                          That flywheel is really nice looking! I had a quick thought about your original question concerning the large spikes and being careful not to blast your batteries. What if you used a super capacitor bank as a buffer to collect the energy between your charge batteries and the machine? You would have to make some more circuitry to then regulate the charge from there into a battery bank but the idea being that the capacitors could handle the high voltage spikes much better than a battery could. They also don't produce hydrogen so it would seem safer to me.

I'm sorry about your friend, it is nice that he has you to care for him.

Comment

I am stalled out at this time. I am taking care of a close friend in the VA who saw way too much agent orange in NAM. He has about 1-2 years to go. Bone cancer. I go to see him twice a week and take care of his bills and his house as he has no family. I am cleaning up his home and trying to get ready to bring him home for his remaining days in comfort.

Bud
                            Bud I do believe not all hope is lost for your friend, there are treatments available....

World Without Cancer - Worldwithoutcancer.org.uk - B17 Laetrile Vitamin B17

And or contact this treatment center, apparently it is the best clinic in the world regarding cancer treatment. Check out the videos, testimonials, faq's, Etc.

Alternative Cancer Treatment Center | Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital

Dave Wing

Comment

Bud,
                              good friends are hard to find, that's awesome that you can be there.

and your wheel...
                              That's one super "super" wheel!
                              yes, collect the spikes in a cap - then dump to your battery bank.
                              do it as close as you can like JB did it w/ his Ferris Wheel.
                              is the wooden wheel so you can capitalized on some of the power?
                              very nice indeed.
                              sincerely,
                              Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X