Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobZilla's Custom Build

Greetings friends,

I am building a new machine and I thought I would share.

This machine will eventually be an 8 coiler with 4 transistors per coil of 18AWG. Initially I can only afford to load it up with 4 coils but I will be adding the last four a little later.

It has a 12 inch aluminum wheel half inch thick. I have had it machined professionally so that the balance and spacing will be very even. Through the middle it will be riding on a half inch chrome plated steel shaft with bearings that are mounted at the outer edge of the frame, in other words it has a fixed axle. The magnet holes have an eighth inch claw to hold the magnets; they will be glued with epoxy as well. It is going to be a super pole configuration made with the standard ceramic C8 grade.

I have an additional wheel which is going to be a generator. This one is 4 inches wide and has magnet holes to accommodate sixteen small samarium cobalt’s. This wheel will ride in front of the main wheel and have generator coils collecting from it.

The frame is quarter inch white polyurethane like they make cutting boards from. Again this is being machined for precision. The depth of the machine will be one foot and connected by 1 inch rods and 1 x 2 x 12 inch bars for feet.

The coils, coil holders and circuit boards will be from TeslagenX. I am using the 4 transistor universal boards, one per coil. There will be busses to connect between the boards for the BCE hookups.

I am attaching a mock up profile picture of how this will look from the side. It may be a little confusing but if you look closely you can see the frame, coil holders, and the wheels. The main wheel is in red in this picture.

Also attached are real pictures of the flywheel. I am still waiting for parts to come in to build this thing but I wanted to show off this flywheel ,,, I am so excited about this project! -----Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	MachineProfile2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	51205

Name:	Bob_Spole.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	51203

Name:	Bob_Spole_side.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	51204
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BobZilla; 12-16-2014, 01:23 AM.

Hi BobZilla

That looks like an elegant design...can't wait to see it up-and-running...

James
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

Very nice friend, hope the charging exceeds expectations Aln

Comment

Thanks guys.

Today I am posting a picture of the magnets mounted in the flywheel and also one showing how I clamped the superpoles. I used Gorilla glue epoxy for the job. It is my first time trying this particular glue but it seems to be holding very well. In the past I have used JB weld but that stuff is black and I wanted a cleaner look.

Anyway I know this is not too exciting so far but I am posting with the idea that once this thing is done I will have a little chronicle of it being built. You never know what little details might be helpful to someone, like what glue you use or the size of your wheel etc..

Name:	Glue.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	46765

I did have to get out my dremel and do a little bit of shaving to get my magnets in but it was not too bad.

I had the holes machined .879 inch high by .790 inch wide. This measurement was .004 larger in each direction than the specs of the magnets to allow for a little room.

Name:	Bob_Spole2.jpg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	46766

Comment

Hi Bob,

Nice work. It's looking good!

Comment

Hi BobZilla

That looks like a great start.

My son is experimenting with "pinching the magnets into a superpole at a distance" which means having a small gap between where the magnet pinches. He uses one of those electronic pole indicators. and sees how far away the magnetic field registers and different points around the magnets. He is doing this in regard to formulating a way to have an all magnet motor. He has found that the superpole of the magnet goes out further, and the opposite pole diminishes, sometimes to the point of reducing, to almost nil, any lense effect depending on the angle of the rotor to the stator. I understand that one needs to have a scalar south in this case, but experimenting how space and angle effects magnetic field, in regard to subjects like creating a superpole, might be beneficial...food for thought...

James

Comment

Hey James,,, Magnets are a real wonder. The primary driver in this situation is not concerned with lens for me, it am after the sharp switching. This machine is going to have some drag on it for sure with the gen hooked up but it's all part of the plan.

Get an old CRT Monitor from scrap and let your boy hold his magnets up to it,,, he will love it. Patrick shared that with us and made a great video.

@ALL

I am posting some pictures of the small generator wheel I finished up today.

It is 4 inches wide by a quarter inch thick. The magnets as I said before are small cobolt's. They have a fairly strong pull but not insane like neo's. I laid them in NSNSNS,,, 16 total at 22.5 deg.

Name:	Bob_GEN1.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	46769

Name:	Bob_GEN2.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	46770

Name:	Bob_GEN3.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	46771

Comment

Hi BobZilla

Yes, I watched the video with the monitor showing magnetic fields...my son and I are keeping an eye out for a monitor now...hopefully one that puts out a coloured screen so it doesn't need to be hooked up to something. One thing my son discovered was that when he pressed the magnets in superpole position, not all the way together, but maybe 3/8 inch apart, there was a taller spike and less of an opposite pole (using one of those magnetic pole detectors). I gave him my copies of Energy From The Vacuum 4 and 11 with Howard Johnson, and John talking about magnetic gates...I hope this helps him with his ideas for experiments...

Your rotor looks great...

James

Comment

I am still waiting on the rest of my frame and other parts to come in for the build but I have temporarily hooked the new wheel up so we can check it out. I just had to see how this wheel would spin even though it’s not the multi coil that it is designed for.

This setup is using a 4 transistor Teslagenx experimenter board with a small coil.

Name:	bob12inchTEMPsetup.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	46788

On the primary I have two 20AH LifePO4 in series and the charge battery is a 75AH AGM. The run was about 30 hours and I brought the charge from 12.5v to 15.10v,,, it rested about 13v.

Unfortunately my charge chart had an issue at the last hour and I had to restart the program so there are two charge charts, one is most of the run and the second one is when I had to start new. The primary chart did not have the same problem and represents the whole run.

Name:	charge1.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	46785

Name:	charge2.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	46786

Name:	Primary.jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	46787

I also shot a video of the charge in progress which shows the timing light and rpm checks.

https://files.secureserver.net/0suyIX1XTGpyBL

Comment

I like the new wheel!
                    is that a 3d hologram I'll have to find my glasses :-) kidding of course. Thank you for continuing to share your work.

the graph on the primary is always interesting... to see the "spike draw" from the primary punishing those plates.

Do you have another battery so you can have 24V on the back as well?

on the chart... you should be able to save that data before you restart, then you can add the end data to it and use excel to make a chart...

did you happen to catch Kiril Kirilov's new super pole wheel video before he took it down a couple of weeks ago. he had a very nice run as well 12V to 12V it looked OU from the Vid or at least 1:1 He took it down immediately after I made a comment on how nice it was.

I hope the day finds/is finding everyone well - good times,
                    Patrick A

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                    I am still waiting on the rest of my frame and other parts to come in for the build but I have temporarily hooked the new wheel up so we can check it out. I just had to see how this wheel would spin even though it’s not the multi coil that it is designed for.

This setup is using a 4 transistor Teslagenx experimenter board with a small coil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4283[/ATTACH]

On the primary I have two 20AH LifePO4 in series and the charge battery is a 75AH AGM. The run was about 30 hours and I brought the charge from 12.5v to 15.10v,,, it rested about 13v.

Unfortunately my charge chart had an issue at the last hour and I had to restart the program so there are two charge charts, one is most of the run and the second one is when I had to start new. The primary chart did not have the same problem and represents the whole run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4280[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4281[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4282[/ATTACH]

I also shot a video of the charge in progress which shows the timing light and rpm checks.

https://files.secureserver.net/0suyIX1XTGpyBL

Comment

Bob you should not be using the wife's dresser as a workbench, she might get upset

@ Patrick, did not see the vid.. too bad!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Tom that ship sailed a long time ago,,

Patrick I never thought about using excel to chart that data, I will have to look into doing that. You are right I could export the readings as a txt file but I never thought about how I could use that. Thanks for the suggestion.

That's not a bad idea to try a 24/24 run either. I am currently charging up the LifePO4's back up. I put them in parallel on the back and used my wall-mart batteries in series on the front. Once that run finishes I could just swap them around and hook up a 24/24 run but it would not be against the same 75AH batteries. I don't expect all too much out of this arrangement anyway, just primarily interested in how he wheel would spin.

Thanks for keeping interested guys.

Comment

Today I have an update for the new machine.

I received all of the frame pieces I was waiting on and have assembled it. I found that the rods and bars were not exactly even so I had to take them down with a disc sander. Instead of the original 12 inches depth it is actually 11 and 7 eighths; it should not present any problems though.

I am attaching a front and side view of the bare frame. ----Bob

Name:	Bobs_Frame_front.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	46795

Name:	Bobs_Frame_side.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	46796

Comment

I have added my wire harness and mounts for the boards. The mounts are made out of aluminum angle bar that I got at the hardware store and cut up into 5 inch pieces and drilled holes. These are going to hold the boards but they are also holding the wires from the underside.

The wire harness is made of three buss wires that I put eight tails on so that each board is tied in to the bus rather than daisy chaining the boards. The wire is all 12AWG solid core accept the clip leads I made out of 12AWG braided. On the front there are three switches, on/off, Gen/mode1 ,, and the third is not hooked up yet but it is reserved for the genny coil output.

Next up will be the coils and boards which are already in the mail ;-)

Name:	bobWire3.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	46818

Name:	bobWire2.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	46819

Name:	bobWire1.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	46820

Comment

I think that it needs a nickname.

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                              I have added my wire harness and mounts for the boards. The mounts are made out of aluminum angle bar that I got at the hardware store and cut up into 5 inch pieces and drilled holes. These are going to hold the boards but they are also holding the wires from the underside.

The wire harness is made of three buss wires that I put eight tails on so that each board is tied in to the bus rather than daisy chaining the boards. The wire is all 12AWG solid core accept the clip leads I made out of 12AWG braided. On the front there are three switches, on/off, Gen/mode1 ,, and the third is not hooked up yet but it is reserved for the genny coil output.

Next up will be the coils and boards which are already in the mail ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4333[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X