Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Comparator Cap Dump

Hi All,

Would any one out there be willing to do a short explanation of how this circuit operates?

I have the circuit set up on my bread board and it is working somewhat. The main issue is that the connection to the negative of the charge battery is not being fully disconnected (as should happen when the FETs shut off). I'm pretty sure this has to do with what's happening at the comparator but I'm unsure of what the voltages on the + and - should be as well as the supply voltage to the comparator.

Is the circuit powered just from the charging capacitor? I would have to assume so since the charge battery is only connected to the circuit during the time of the pulse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-455365958.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	51035

Any light that could be shed would be awesome!

Thank you!

JM

Had to make a 2nd fix, ignore this one
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RS_; 07-11-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comparitor pulser fix2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	45719

Ok, here is the fix's for this circuit, all the values look good on this version sch....... should work...........

the yellow line does NOT connect with the output of the comparator. It is the 15V zener regulator connection for the comparator power supply and the opto's transistor 15V supply to pull the gate of the mosfets up to 15VDC and NOT 36VDC+.
      Last edited by RS_; 07-12-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH]

Ok, here is the fix's for this circuit, all the values look good on this version sch....... should work...........

the yellow line does NOT connect with the output of the comparator. It is the 15V zener regulator connection for the comparator power supply and the opto's transistor 15V supply to pull the gate of the mosfets up to 15VDC and NOT 36VDC+.
        Hi Guys,

Can you post this schematic in a form that allows the printing to be legible? Thanks.

Ron

Comment

Hi, Joster, Ron and all,

Here is a cleaned up version, and added part Numbers that i had left out previously, etc......

this sch should work just as its shown at 24V and 36V banks with out any modifications

will not work at 12V, with out modifications

edit

swapped the first one with the new one.........
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RS_; 07-13-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Trying a JPEG vs the GIF format to see if it will be large enough to read the text.....

and it looks like that worked.......
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RS_; 07-13-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hi, Joster, Ron and all,

Here is a cleaned up version, and added part Numbers that i had left out previously, etc......

this sch should work just as its shown at 24V and 36V banks with out any modifications

edit

swapped the first one with the new one.........
              Thanks RS.
              bro d

Comment

Trying a JPEG vs the GIF format to see if it will be large enough to read the text.....

and it looks like that worked.......
                Thanks RS,

Ron

Comment

Hi, Joster, Ron and all,

Realy great job thx for that

you say will not work at 12V with out modifications,
                  Can you tel what need to change for a 12v version ?

Comment

change the D3 15V zener to a 12V zener and adjust the R1 resistor to a lower value to give 15-20ma at 12V. Move the connection between pin 1 and pin 5 on the opto, so that pin 5 is connected to the 12V battery rail above it, and pin 1 is connected to the 12V zener D3 and C3 Only......
                    Last edited by RS_; 02-07-2014, 04:12 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Hy guys can anyone post the original comparator skematic from JB?i cannot find a clean version anywere,thanks!

Comment

adys15,

the Schematic I posted in this thread is the cleaned up version schematic of the comparator cap dump circuit that JB showed at the 2011 conference...

should work as shown for 24 to 36V banks, and with the mods I posted above, to work with 12V battery's.....

I have posted my version based on the MAX931 micro power comparator for small low voltage apps, up to 12V, in another thread here........
                        Last edited by RS_; 02-07-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks RS,sorry if i ask dumb q,but i'm new to the forum,and barely keeping up with you guys.
                          So John showed the skematic in the conference video and you guys copied it?this video is public?
                          This is the skematic you posted?
                          Attached Files

Comment

No, that is not my schematic..... Mine is SNAGs-001
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much RS,i will try to build it,but i want to see the original schematic too..where can i find it?

Comment

Working...
                              X