Silver is a Broad Spectrum Antiviral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver is a Broad Spectrum Antiviral

The appended provides a review of the literature on the anti-viral properties of silver with special attention paid to enveloped viruses and what has been published concerning corona viruses. The second part discusses how to easily and cheaply create nano-silver (colloidal silver) that would reasonably be expected to have particle sizes in the same range as those showing efficacy in the medical literature. H/t to Peter, Thank you.

Edit: replaced previous version of appended document with proof read one. May still have a few typos, hope not
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ZPDM; 03-25-2020, 01:58 PM.

Hi Paul,

Whenever I search colloidal silver on the internet, I get a lot of recommendations from medical authorities that it is ineffective and might actually be harmful to your health. As a medical professional yourself, you apparently still recommend it even though many others do not. Why the difference? Is it really harmful or is this just suppression from the health community?

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Hi Gary,

I think it was Napoleon who said doctors will have more to answer for in the next life than generals. I don't want to get into the people are such ninnies type thinking, would just say we in medicine have a lengthy and extensive track record of often getting things hilariously and stupendously wrong. The (now) great "Father of Antisepsis" Ignaz Semmelweis, as one example among many was an Hungarian obstetrician. To decrease the 10% or so maternal mortality from childbirth at his hospital he proposed physicians wash their hands in a solution of lye before assisting with delivery as you know some of the med students were going from dissecting cadavers to delivering babies and what not. He cut the rate of mortality to under 1% and did so if I recall in multiple institutions. This was before Pasteur's germ theory and his results were met with indignation and ridicule. His findings weren't adopted for at least a half century and he died, ironically of sepsis, after being involuntarily committed to an insane asylum.

Would also say the majority of the research on silver as an anti-viral has occurred in the past ten years, it is relatively speaking recent news. Further, as silver is a broad spectrum anti-bactterial and anti-viral that costs pennies per treatment, especially in normal times I could imagine there would be billions of reasons for some in the medical "industry" not to research and promote its use. Financial bias, it's the one theoretical bias I don't recall being discussed anywhere in my textbook covering clinical trial design, haha.

This virus is a new disease, there is by definition then a lack of certainty regarding efficacious treatments (and as an off-topic aside, by definition an absence of FDA approved treatments for something that didn't exist a as a clinical disease a few short months ago). To be clear though I am making no money off this and I am also not telling people what to do to protect their health. I would just not feel right if I did not share the results of my review with others. I could submit it to a journal but it wouldn't be pre-published and would be a little say "anti-climactic if it were published in November. While it is a little tough sledding for one without a medical background to read the first half of the paper, if I wrote it in more general terms it could more easily be dismissed as being unauthoritative. But that first half documents 30 test tube studies in a row showing nano (colloidal) silver having anywhere from modest to dramatic anti-viral activity against pretty much every virus looked at. That is what the peer-reviewed medical literature says, not sure what the "experts" and lay press are using as the foundation for the position you mention having come across.

As COVID-19 is a new viral disease it is impossible to know if silver would also show activity against this virus as it has against others. And again, while not telling people what they should do, I present this information and also note I have used colloidal silver that I have made myself, on and off (more on now), for years now. Possibly others on this forum do the same. For anyone with any mechanical inclination, let alone experience with electrical circuits it is the easiest thing in the world to make, just make sure you use pure silver and only the silver is in the water. If you do have any questions regarding preparation though I am happy to answer them,

Given the current pandemic, there is also shall we say an interesting risk/benefit calculus that come into play. If one spikes a fever in an endemic area, one might be rightly concerned this is COVID-19, if one goes to an ER to be evaluated well if one just had a common cold, one likely ends up sitting in an ER for an hour where there are maybe half a dozen people with COVID-19, to likely receive a test and then be sent home, perhaps with an antibacterial prescription and told to return if things worsen. In such a situation one might also consider a few ounces of 20 ppm colloidal silver given the extensive in-vitro documentation in the medical literature of its activity as an anti-viral against other viruses.

Lastly, if you want to go a bit further down the rabbit hole take a gander at some of what Bob Beck, DsC (not to be confused with Robert Becker, MD who also documented interesting effects of silver on wound healing) was reporting with his use of colloidal silver and blood electrification. Left that out as I realize for some they would just tune out if such data were brought up.

Take Care,

Paul
      Last edited by ZPDM; 03-25-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. You pretty well reinforced my thinking on the subject. I already ordered a couple of 99.999% pure silver electrodes and thought I would give it a try. I recently met a friend in Florida that both he and his wife use it regularly with no ill effects.

Seems like I remember on my birth certificate that a silver compound (silver nitrate?) was dropped into my eyes when I was born, to fight any possible infection that might occur. I don't think they do this anymore. That was 78 years ago!

I also regularly use the Bedini RPX unit with usually good results. I have, however, recently caught a cold that it didn't prevent. But my symptoms are a lot less severe than they always were before my wife and I started using the device. And I'm going to order a MWO device from Aaron as well. I'm not really worried about contracting the COVID-19 virus, but it might be wise to take some preventive measures. And I do want to experiment with the MWO anyway.

Regards,
        Gary Hammond,
        Last edited by Gary Hammond; 03-25-2020, 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

For anyone that wants to buy silver, nothing beats Sovereign Silver. Particle size is what is important and not ppm - smaller particle size = more surface area. 0.0008 microns, which is astoundingly small. Same particle size as the legendary Movidyn.

For silver, get 99.99% (known as FOUR NINES) rather than 3 nines for purity. 12 awg is best because it is 0.08 inches, which fit perfectly into tip jacks - easy to pull out and brush off with scotch brite after each batch.

Tip jack spec sheet: https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/6...01-1289490.pdf

Silver will press fit into the ends - made for inserting test probes of the same size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B00QMVYD4U - the analysis shows 99.9947% with the rest being traces but it is considered 99.99%.

Saw a news report recently and one lady, can't remember her name saying silver is a death sentence, will turn you blue, etc. all garbage. Those who have turned blue are making silver salts rather than ionic or colloidal silver. Properly made silver, you could drink liters a day with zero change in skin color.

edit - four nines is indeed 99.99% and not 99.9999 highest I'e seen is 99.9947.
          Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 04-18-2020, 06:02 PM.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
            The appended provides a review of the literature on the anti-viral properties of silver with special attention paid to enveloped viruses and what has been published concerning corona viruses. The second part discusses how to easily and cheaply create nano-silver (colloidal silver) that would reasonably be expected to have particle sizes in the same range as those showing efficacy in the medical literature. H/t to Peter, Thank you.

Edit: replaced previous version of appended document with proof read one. May still have a few typos, hope not
            ZPDM, do you mind if I turn that into a pdf and blog post it and mention in a newsletter?

Or maybe I'll just send a link to this thread.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
              Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. You pretty well reinforced my thinking on the subject. I already ordered a couple of 99.999% pure silver electrodes and thought I would give it a try. I recently met a friend in Florida that both he and his wife use it regularly with no ill effects.
              :
              Hey Gary,

Bon Voyage! Despite the 100,000s to possibly millions of people who have used colloidal silver by this time, the only serious side effect I have seen documented is argyria, i.e a bluish skin discoloration that occurs over time. As noted in the review this may be compared with gentamicin and indeed all the aminoglycoside antibiotics which occasionally cause hearing loss, yet are still one the market. I researched this 30 seconds and it appears 1-3% of all courses of gentamycin cause some degree of at least temporary ototoxicity. It also may be that argyria is only seen with consumption of silver salts such as silver nitrate, but I suppose if you really really worked at for years and ignored all changes, you too might be the fourth member of the blue man group. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSeTJu3vEIo
              Do have to wonder if that smurf looking blue guy who shows up on Opra and the like isn't a fraud, but who am I to say. Not to downplay the possibility of other potential toxicites from colloidal silver just to provide context while also noting these are not normal times. I just brew mine from 99.9% pure silver strips made in twice filtered water, darn if that resulting silver water doesn't taste great. Theoretically, the smaller particle size from distilled water may be better but three things 1) the anecdotal "case reports" of people finding benefit are generally not from people using distilled water, so if you trust, patient reported in-vivo data, that trumps theoretical ideas unless and until data with distilled water emerges, really if I thought I was sick with COVID-19 I would probably make both. 2) As mentioned in the paper, silver dissolves in hydrochloric acid, stomach acid is hydrochloric acid, most likely if you get any reasonable particle size the stomach acid should do the rest. 3) colloidal silver made with filtered tap water tastes great, at least for me colloidal silver made with distilled water tastes a little metallic with a bit of an acidic after taste, maybe just me. You might want to pick up a dissolved solids parts meter to know exactly how many parts per million you are making.

Yes, silver nitrate used to commonly be used to prevent ocular infections that might occur during birth, though not much anymore, great point. Yea the all the, to be silly, electromagnetic stuff, is likely great but good luck finding any peer-reviewed medical research. Ciao, let me know how you do brewing up a batch.
              Last edited by ZPDM; 03-26-2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post

ZPDM, do you mind if I turn that into a pdf and blog post it and mention in a newsletter?

Or maybe I'll just send a link to this thread.
                Hi Aaron,

By all means turn in into a pdf or link to it. I have sent this info multiple places (to include Dr. Fauci's NIH e-mail) and to get the information out and/or generate discussion is why I did this research, thank you. Would ask, as I have no other skin in the game you provide attribution, as I am sure you would, aside from that have at it. Thanks as well for the link to the very pure silver, I think that can only be helpful. Re particle size, as I mentioned in the write up stomach acid may help with that (while providing a distribution pf particle sizes) and the in-vivo data, to my knowledge at least, is from colloidal silver from tap water not distilled, am thinking here mainly about what Bob Beck documented, don't know much about Movidyn. Theoretically, smaller size better, then again, if you have say a 120 nm virus and you have a 0.5 nm silver particle it could theoretically get too small if bound to the virus to prevent the virus from binding to its cellular receptor. It is all arguing angels on the head of a pin without good in-vivo data, I just say if I have something that should work as is seen from in-vitro data in the literature and anecdotal reports, I will go with that first.
                Last edited by ZPDM; 03-26-2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

By all means turn in into a pdf or link to it. I have sent this info multiple places (to include Dr. Fauci's NIH e-mail) and to get the information out and/or generate discussion is why I did this research, thank you. Would ask, as I have no other skin in the game you provide attribution, as I am sure you would, aside from that have at it. Thanks as well for the link to the very pure silver, I think that can only be helpful. Re particle size, as I mentioned in the write up stomach acid may help with that (while providing a distribution pf particle sizes) and the in-vivo data, to my knowledge at least, is from colloidal silver from tap water not distilled, am thinking here mainly about what Bob Beck documented, don't know much about Movidyn. Theoretically, smaller size better, then again, if you have say a 120 nm virus and you have a 0.5 nm silver particle it could theoretically get too small if bound to the virus to prevent the virus from binding to its cellular receptor. It is all arguing angels on the head of a pin without good in-vivo data, I just say if I have something that should work as is seen from in-vitro data in the literature and anecdotal reports, I will go with that first.
                  For attribution, aren't you listed on the first page as the author?
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Yes, that is me and that's all I'm asking. If you use all or significant portions of the write-up provide attribution to the author. I know you are not one who would ever say, hey look what I just researched, however always best to avoid any possibility of misunderstanding from formatting errors or accidental omissions.

Heard from a cousin, can't find anything on this, that they might be using IV C in South Korea and that is why their case fatality rate is 1/10th that of Italy.

Paul Maher

Comment

SILVER IS A BROAD SPECTRUM ANTI-VIRAL BY PAUL MAHER, MD

Here is an authoritative paper by Paul Maher, MD, a contributor to http://energyscienceforum.com and it is jam-packed with accurate information as well as a lot of references. Go here for the PDF: https://emediapress.com/2020/04/01/s...paul-maher-md/
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Yes, that is me and that's all I'm asking. If you use all or significant portions of the write-up provide attribution to the author. I know you are not one who would ever say, hey look what I just researched, however always best to avoid any possibility of misunderstanding from formatting errors or accidental omissions.

Heard from a cousin, can't find anything on this, that they might be using IV C in South Korea and that is why their case fatality rate is 1/10th that of Italy.

Paul Maher
                        The date of the paper is: 3/22/2019

Is that supposed to be 2020?

Aaron Murakami

Comment

SILVER IS A BROAD SPECTRUM ANTI-VIRAL BY PAUL MAHER, MD

Here is an authoritative paper by Paul Maher, MD, a contributor to http://energyscienceforum.com and it is jam-packed with accurate information as well as a lot of references. Go here for the PDF: https://emediapress.com/2020/04/01/s...paul-maher-md/
                          Thanks Aaron, that is awesome! I am glad you liked the write-up. While I haven't sent it to many, of people with media reach you are the only one (perhaps with the guts) to run with it, at least so far. Thanks again and let's hope it is helpful to some people. A couple quick updates, I did send it along to Dr Fauci's NIH email and first got a form response that he was out of office working on COVID-19 stuff. To his office's credit though I did get a response back from someone in his office it was mainly boilerplate language but she did thank me and said she forwarded it to the Division of Virology. She also included the link to the NIH page on colloidal silver which says it turns people blue and there is no evidence it is useful in any disease. Well, there is a lot of test tube evidence against pathogens but of course there is no evidence against a human disease as you will never fund that and no pharmaceutical company is going to bankrupt itself funding it either. They also make sure to say colloidal silver, while neglecting to note that the active ingredient silver, is and has been widely used as an anti-infective for decades. However, I just very politely responded that I was very heartened to know that the Division of Virology was aware of the medical literature on nanosilver and again urgently requested they rigorously evaluate its utility as a treatment for COVID-19. In normal times I have little doubt nothing would happen, and perhaps even now, but if there is not going to be an economy left or a pharmaceutical industry to make a half million a year from after protecting them, maybe they'll take an afternoon and see what it does against COVID-19. Sent it to Rand Paul, figured he's a physician and he has the bug, if any in government might be interested and qualified to evaluate it perhaps is him, who knows, maybe it will help him. After sending it to a few people's e-mails I had from when I ran a health blog, heard from a physician from Poland who had it forwarded to him who mentioned he has used colloidal silver for years, mentioned Bob Beck and also said "ingestion of silver internally is forbidden in Europe" Jeez oh fricken Louise, hide the silver cutlery. My goodness what a start to this year and what a difference three months can make.

Edit: Just as a last thought, I am under no illusions that what I wrote will necessarily make a big difference, that is doubtful. Perhaps, if silver is of utility in treatment of COVID-19, for a few who are open to alternative treatments it will help and I have gotten what I needed to off my chest. Though likely half the people you Aaron send it to will have some side-band generator or whatever it is called that does what ever it does! This ****storm will go as it does I have the impression it is not my role to stand in the breach of this ****storm of iniquity even if I pretended I could. I am only to do what I can, hopefully, terrible sinner though I am, I've done that.
                          Last edited by ZPDM; 04-05-2020, 12:42 AM.

Comment

The date of the paper is: 3/22/2019

Is that supposed to be 2020?
                            Thanks, good catch, corrected version uploaded. When I realized how consistent the in-vitro data was I just wanted to get the thing out the door. It may still have a typo here or there but hopefully I have caught most of them.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Yes, silver nitrate used to commonly be used to prevent ocular infections that might occur during birth, though not much anymore, great point. Yea the all the, to be silly, electromagnetic stuff, is likely great but good luck finding any peer-reviewed medical research. Ciao, let me know how you do brewing up a batch.
                              The 99.99% 4" #12 silver wire I ordered came today, after being lost in the mail for three weeks. So I cut out a 5/8" x 4" strip of nylon from a 1/4" thick sheet and drilled two holes 1/4" apart in it with a #46 drill (.018" dia) to mount the wire thru. It made a nice tight fit and it holds the wire securely. All my 9 volt batteries were in use, so I used a 12 volt battery instead. Filled a small juice glass (4.5 oz) full of tap water and hooked up the battery. Started getting a reaction right away, and after about two minutes the water was cloudy with a white color. I drank the small glass of water and it tasted OK, and maybe slightly metallic.

I noticed the positive wire turning gray while the negative wire stayed shiny. I assume the residue should be removed before another batch is prepared? ???

Oh yeah, I found my birth certificate, and it does say that I had silver nitrate applied to my eyes when I was born.

Gary Hammond,

PS ........Just looked in the mirror, and I haven't turned BLUE yet! LOL
                              Last edited by Gary Hammond; 04-17-2020, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X