This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW FORUM FEATURES & REQUESTS

Little by little, I'll be adding and updating features.

FORUM COLOR SCHEME - At the very bottom left of the forum, you will see Default vB5 Style, you can dropdown that box and choose other colors schemes. Not a big deal, but the Energetic Forum logo I think will only show for the default one but in any case, will give you a more custom look if you want. Custom template may come to give more a look and feel like the old Energetic Forum, but won't happen overnight.

TODAY'S POSTS - In the menu bar, you will see Today's Posts - by default that only showed if you're not logged in for some reason. It should now be showing for everyone.

ENERGY TIMES SIGNUP - In the far right corner for anyone that wants to sign up.

ENERGY TIMES POPUP - There will be a popup that comes up only ONCE. If it comes up more than once, please let me know.

ATTACHMENTS - In the old forum, many pics, etc. were always on other servers like Photobucket or elsewhere. This version gives the option so that you can upload them locally here so that they won't disappear if someone's Photobucket account gets closed, etc.

GOING TO DIFFERENT PAGES OF POSTS IN THREADS - Before, there was a number you can click to instantly go to the last page of a thread to see the newest posts. I'll ask if there is a way to edit the style to bring that back. In this version, you can manually enter the page number since the first page number listed is in an editable field, you can simply enter the exact page you want to go to. I know - not as convenient but that is how it is for now. Alternatively, you can edit your preferences in your account to show new posts on page one and they get older as the page numbers go up so is reversed. That is how you can always have the new posts on the first page, but keep in mind, I did it for years and the post numbers will be backwards from default and can cause confusion. Some people will post a post number and when I clicked it, it took me to a different post. Maybe that is resolved in this version, I don't know yet.

SERVER - The forum should be a lot faster and it is definitely more secure. Over the last 6 months, the server was knocked out quite a few times by non-stop international DDos attacks so there is upgraded security services that I'm paying for to prevent this. This is not inexpensive, especially with the off-site daily backups but is necessary to keep everything running smooth and secure. I will be adding banners, ads, and other things to monetize the site so that it at least pays for itself.

OTHER FEATURES - If you have any suggestions of features you'd like to see in this forum, please post them here.

Thanks!
    Aaron

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Working...
X