Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to power this APPLIANCE - do you know how ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meanstack
    replied
    thank you for trying... not the answer Im seeking
    i spent $4500 on solar and its turned to be a scam
    just thinking about water and plumbing and installation is an outrageous thought for solar water

I just want to plug this simple appliance into a sustainable power source...
    im totally amazed humanity has come this far and we still cant do it

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Solar to electric is very inefficient - panels are around 20%.

Solar to heat is highly efficient and is the way to go for solar heating. Use evacuated tube solar heaters - they're in the high 90% efficiency to transfer infrared from the sun into the heat exchange fluid like glycol or something.

The solar electric way should only be used to augment what the solar water heat can't cover.

Leave a comment:

• meanstack
    started a topic How to power this APPLIANCE - do you know how ?

How to power this APPLIANCE - do you know how ?

Hi Folks,

Here is my problem. I need a real solution.

I want to power this device potentially 8 hours of the day

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comfort-Zon...9/332731280178

Two of these devices comfortable heats an 1100 sq ft they are safe and have auto shut off.

I bought solar panels and deep cycle batteries only to find out that running this simple one little device isn't even possible.

Is there a solution? Average person doesn't have a 4-6 kw solar solution and I am very disappointed in the solar panel industry for running ahead without even being able to power a simple space heater 7x24

Someone selling a bedini motor says even a bedini power motor isn't practical to power a battery bank instead of solar panels.

How would you power this device ?

If humanity cannot solve this I think its very disappointing

My UNIT TEST
    I unit tested the setup outlined below
    o the heater was running
    o within 1 minute PROSine inverter beeped LOW BATTERY POWER and 25vDC started to falling to 19vDC
    o connected Klein CL2100 for DC amps on positive battery bank cable it showed 078.5 not sure what that meant

feedback appreciated

One of my issues is calculating how big a battery bank I need to sustain this simple little ceramic heater with a strong enough charge to run it hour to hour or even every other hour would work too

- cheers

-- signature
    24vDC offgrid system

Array 1 - LG 300watt panel 39v 9amp times 3 (one array is 3 panels) feeds Xantrex C40 charging at 26vDC
    Array 2 - LG 300watt panel 39v 9amp times 3 (one array is 3 panels) feeds Xantrex C40 charging at 26vDC

So Panel setup is 2 arrays composed of 3 300watt panels each each feeding its own separate C40 charge controller jumpered at 24vDC

Battery Bank currently 4 deep cycle 12vDC batteries wired in paralell connected serial (24vDC bank) feeds AC Inverter Xantrex 1800watt PROSine jumpered at 24vDC
    Last edited by meanstack; 07-24-2018, 02:55 PM.
Working...
X