No announcement yet.

3D Printed Window Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are two update photos for the current Window Motor project. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161018_114532_425 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	49017Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161018_114512_804.jpg
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	49018 You can see here that I have drilled and tapped the 1/4" aluminum stock to attach the leads for the high voltage. I am using 22 gauge stranded wire (red wire) for the leads. I have aluminum foil attached to the inside of the housing from the 1/4" aluminum round to emit the ions across the rotor. The rotor has the 6 strips of aluminum tape attached to it directly over the neodymium magnets. The rotor was attached to the shaft using Gorilla Glue after I slightly sanded the shaft. Only use a little of this glue because of the expansion. No glue was used for the magnets. You should not need it. I am going to use 26 gauge magnet wire for the power windings and 31 gauge for the trigger wires. I have not determined how many power windings I will be using. It will either be 2 or 4.

Doug

Comment

I only have an update video at this point with the motor running on the Bedini/Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. The High Voltage is not hooked up yet. Maybe I will have it done in the morning. I'm not impressed with what i'm seeing so far, but it looks like I am going to need to tweak the values on the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
        I only have an update video at this point with the motor running on the Bedini/Cole Full Sequential Bipolar Circuit. The High Voltage is not hooked up yet. Maybe I will have it done in the morning. I'm not impressed with what i'm seeing so far, but it looks like I am going to need to tweak the values on the circuit.
        Hi DMAN,
        your build is very impressive..congrats!! however i see some jerks in the rotating fan..or is it due to stroboscopic effect..
        show us the video when your done fully on this...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hey all. This is an update video with the high voltage modules in place.

The Window Motor runs great. I believe that there are some variables that need to be worked out before any benefits are seen from the electrostatic portion of this motor. As this motor is, I can adjust the resistors from 4.7k to say maybe 7.5k to get a sharper pulse. This will increase the speed of the motor and lower its torque. Once the torque is lowered the electromagnetic pulse may not be as dominant, which may allow some of the effects from the electrostatic motoring to be seen. This is only speculation. It may also benefit one to test the electrostatic portion of this motor before you add the electromagnetic wire

DMann

Comment

Who can guess where I am going with this next picture? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161023_215007_164.jpg
Size:	896.4 KB
ID:	49022 These are 50% scaled models of the Window Motor. I have no experience with air displacement or aviation. This may be a start for a new topic. The propeller is a 70% scaled model of this Thingiverse file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:590502 It fits perfectly for my 1/8" brass shaft.

Doug

Comment

Who can guess where I am going with this next picture? These are 50% scaled models of the Window Motor. I have no experience with air displacement or aviation. This may be a start for a new topic. The propeller is a 70% scaled model of this Thingiverse file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:590502 It fits perfectly for my 1/8" brass shaft.

Doug
              Half of a quad copter drone?

John K.

Comment

Yes John K, that is a project for the distant future for me.

Comment

10/29/2016- added a project box/base for this Window Motor (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1817194). All small holes are for 6-32 stainless steel or brass bolts. These bolts offer a tight fit for the motor with my suggested print settings on my Printer. The rectangle hole is for a toggle switch. I found this one at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse (http://wedo.hillmangroup.com/item/pr...itches/50333-a) that fits perfectly. The large round hole can be used for your power cord from a wall-wart or battery pack. There will be more to come This is a hint: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1853643 The four holes on each side of the project box base are for extensions off of both sides. Low-Lenz generator coil mount? Flywheel support? Reed/Hall switch support?

Dmann

Comment

DadHav did one of these about five years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJRWL42rCU I thought it was really neat and decided to do a 3D printed version. It still needs a good deal of refinement but it is about ready for preliminary test. You can see that it is a spinoff from the Hamel and B/C Window Motor File that I listed. It is about 10 inches long. The end magnets are powerful and provide a good deal of stability for a small gear or belt system. I'm going to put some legs on it and provide a place for the circuit.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170221_222234_297.jpg
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	49317

DMann

Comment

The new window motor was posted. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2129291

Comment

DadHav did one of these about five years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJRWL42rCU I thought it was really neat and decided to do a 3D printed version. It still needs a good deal of refinement but it is about ready for preliminary test. You can see that it is a spinoff from the Hamel and B/C Window Motor File that I listed. It is about 10 inches long. The end magnets are powerful and provide a good deal of stability for a small gear or belt system. I'm going to put some legs on it and provide a place for the circuit.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6005[/ATTACH]

DMann
                        Nice DMann,
                        What size/demension magnets are you using?
                        KR - Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                          Nice DMann,
                          What size/demension magnets are you using?
                          KR - Patrick
                          I mean for the suspension...

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                            I mean for the suspension...
                            .5" X .25" neo disc (outer) qty 32 & 2" outer X 1" inner X .25" thick neo ring mag (inner) qty 2

Comment

I have a video of the motor up and going.

Comment

I have a video of the motor up and going.
                                That's very nice! I have to say, I did not picture the support magnets in that configuration - very cool.
                                KR - Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                X