Intermitent pulses charging dry alum battery on sg oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermitent pulses charging dry alum battery on sg oscillator

Hi all, i was playing around last night with an Alum battery that has had no water for 3 days and the light was completely dead. however, i noticed that pulsing the contact with the led, it shines for a very brief moment, and it shines at full brightness. so i started pulsing it manually for a while using different patterns and saw that after a while of pulsing action the led started to come back slowly at first and more and more as more pulsing took place. i could bring back the light to almost full brightness. the charge kept going for about one or two hours, almost feels like a capacitor. i wonder if adding a pulsing signal to the circuit can improve the performance of these batteries, and also try to figure out what is causing this, given that the battery is releasing barely any current. reminds me a little of what Mr. Bedini talks about on the dVD on Tesla impulse technology... could it be one of those radiant nodes across the coil caused by the faint pulses from the alum battery? see for yourselves:

sg oscillator pulse charge - YouTube

carlos

Originally posted by Carlos Galvis View Post
    Hi all, i was playing around last night with an Alum battery that has had no water for 3 days and the light was completely dead. however, i noticed that pulsing the contact with the led, it shines for a very brief moment, and it shines at full brightness. so i started pulsing it manually for a while using different patterns and saw that after a while of pulsing action the led started to come back slowly at first and more and more as more pulsing took place. i could bring back the light to almost full brightness. the charge kept going for about one or two hours, almost feels like a capacitor. i wonder if adding a pulsing signal to the circuit can improve the performance of these batteries, and also try to figure out what is causing this, given that the battery is releasing barely any current. reminds me a little of what Mr. Bedini talks about on the dVD on Tesla impulse technology... could it be one of those radiant nodes across the coil caused by the faint pulses from the alum battery? see for yourselves:

sg oscillator pulse charge - YouTube

carlos

Carlos, is that Alum cell sealed or open to atmosphere? Do you only open it to add water? I wonder if the pulsing is taking some of the O2 off the Mg and alowing the ion transfer to take place mabye? How long does the cell last compared to just adding water? Sorry for all the questions I was just curious as I have not tried that.

Chuck

Comment

Crystal cell

Carlos, I have seen in some cells with different material than Alum that when the cell is wet still it has halted puting out power until the water is moved, or more added. Also just pushing down the crystal/electrolyte material will re-energize the cell as well for periods of time. Pulsing the cell may be alowing the ions to reverse briefly and alowing the cell to work with the remaining water mabye? Thanks for your input to this.

Chuck

Comment

Hi chuck, this cell is covered with tape but has a lot of holes in it to allow it to breathe, it is open to atmosphere, this keeps the cell moist for longer time, it lasts about two days only with water. after the cell dries and the light goes off, then the pulse charging keeps it going for about 1 -2 hours more, but you can keep charging like this for another day or so before it completely dies off after 4 days in total after adding the water. i have no idea why it comes back after being pulsed, but i did observe that this happens only when hooked up to an sg oscillator, not when hooked directly. another thing i did that i didn't mention before is that i tried charging it with my ssg motor to see what happens... and well, the motor didn't even get the chance to get up to idle speed before the transistor completely burned up... it was strange given that this cells have high impedance... (this experiment i run on a single cell with NO oscillator) i thought it would behave as a normal battery or as a load, but instead it behaved more like if the wires had been shorted out, (or a negative resistor?). Thanks for the reply chuck

carlos
        Last edited by Carlos Galvis; 08-30-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I am not able to understand this phenomenon. Can you help me for this, if you have any block diagram for this? We will be able to understand from the diagram easily.

low volume pcb assembly
          Last edited by erbaydeniz; 06-12-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X