Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a totally newcommer. I ordered and got my magnets but thats all so far. my basic questions of anyone who will answer. My understanding is one 12 volt lead-acid battery powering the bedini energizer recharging another less than fully charged 12 volt lead-acid battery. How long does that process take? Its also my understanding that repeated charging(cycles of charging) under this process increases the potential or total charge of the battery, and that's a good thing, so I presume.

How do I make use of this? Is the best situation to have 3,4,5 12 volt lead-acid batteries and keep on interposing them into the cycle of recharging? These type of questions were not brought up in the advertising.....

Comment

I'll tell you what I understand so far, and hopefully it helps.

Charging will be very slowly at first...days...and you will have to recharge the primary battery again and again until the charge battery is fully charged.

With each charge/discharge cycle the battery that you are charging should charge faster, and also last longer during discharge. This is what I have experienced so far. From what I've seen from other's experiments, you will see a big gain and change in your battery if you run through 20 of these cycles.

I suppose you could just swap out other fully charged batteries for the primary, but I believe that a small amount of radiant charge finds it way back to the primary. I ran a baseline test on mine before I started...so I can compare every 5 runs to see how it has changed. If you use multiple batteries I don't believe the changes would be as profound.

Hope that helps.

Also, I believe some senior members of this forum are promoted simply because they have been active for awhile, have a good attitude, and are working through the process. It's not necessarily an indication of expert-level Bedini related knowledge. This includes myself

Branch

Comment

I use ferrite magnets 50 x 25 x 14 mm Suggested size is 50 x 25 x 12 mm bigger/thickeer the magnet => stronger the m-field ... Just play with the distance between the passing magnet and the coil

magnet-size --> weight on the wheel

It think the best thing to do is to follow the suggested size , since the coil size and wheel size is adjusted to it. I BELIEVE
        Last edited by gabiX87; 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM.
        my work here :
        https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          Welcome all,

The first thing we want to get out of the way is magnets, which to use? we only use Ferrite C8 in the monopole energiser. 3/8" by 1" by 1 7/8" almost every magnet supplier on the face of the planet has this exact magnet or something similar. John will be posting on the reasons for this decision at a later time.

Tom C
          Hi Tom,

Best place to get magnets for scooter wheel SG / Radiant Monolpole Motor? Does round or square really matter? Why not Neo Vs. Ferrite?
          Thanks,

Ward

Comment

Ward, we have magnets at teslagenx, send us an email we will get them to you, sales@teslagenx.com. we use a square ferrites because 1. Jb said they are the best for the bike wheel. 2. they have a sharp leading and trailing edge, which makes switching faster. 3 they are much less expensive than other types of magnets. we don't use neos because the fields are too large. John has already tried many combinations and he has had the best success with the ceramics on the bike wheel. Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I am going to chime in here and second what Branch has said about charging, also charge time depends upon the size of the battery, the number of circuits you are running and the condition of said battery. seniority is based upon number of posts and the time you have been on the forum. Tom C

Comment

Ward, we have magnets at teslagenx, send us an email we will get them to you, sales@teslagenx.com. we use a square ferrites because 1. Jb said they are the best for the bike wheel. 2. they have a sharp leading and trailing edge, which makes switching faster. 3 they are much less expensive than other types of magnets. we don't use neos because the fields are too large. John has already tried many combinations and he has had the best success with the ceramics on the bike wheel. Tom C
                Tom,

I see recommended finished 8+1 wire coils pre-wound, or welding rod and spools for cobblers, but no magnets and no search function at Battery Chargers, Bedini SG Kits, PCBs, Books & Videos

I was so anxious last night I bought "10 Pcs Strong Neo Neodymium Block Countersunk Ring Magnets 20x10x4mm Hole 4mm" and "5pcs Rectangle Strong Neodymium Block Magnets 50x10x5mm N35 Grade Rare Earth Neo". I can shelf these for a while if you point me to the
                " Ferrite C8 in the monopole energiser. 3/8" by 1" by 1 7/8" A.K.A.
                (17/8) inch = 54 mm
                (3/8) inch = 9.5 mm
                1 inch = 25.4 mm
                Please link it if you can. * * * Also, save me from folly please; Bike wheel may be quiet, but too darn big. Scooter wheel will have close magnets. I read somewhere here magnets spaced 4 or 5 widths apart... and now, "No Neo's".
                Even the 10mm wide magnets, i was thinking of on a ~5" diameter whee,l could only hold 4 magnets.
                -Ward

Comment

yea the magnets are not on the website but I have a box of 1000 of them on my workbench for the upcoming 1 coil and 3 coil kits...... thats why I said send me an email...... send the neo's back get the ferrites.

if you want a small wheel get a 12 inch wheel from skyway, they work well and are smaller.
                  Tom C

Comment

Wanna read something funny but infuriating? I sell a few ferrite magnets through my site and also ebay. They are 2" x 1" x 0.5 ..well someone bought 24 last night and then sent this email today.
                    "Can you please cancel my order? These are NOT the magnets I need to make a Bedini generator! You shouldn't be able to get away with saying that sort of crap, to build this generator you need neodymium magnets!!!
                    Please cancel & refund my order ASAP.
                    Cheers!"

So I refunded the money. Oh well...I have sold over 500 magnets to happy customers , but you just cannot convince some people what is best. I suspect he has been influenced by Rick F. Let each go their own way.

Comment

what an idiot!!

Tom C

Comment

They same guy will wind up coming here in a few weeks asking why his system runs like crap,, but he did everything exactly as instructed ;-)

Every few months it seems someone comes in and dismantles all the correct instruction with some post where they are proud to have out smarted everyone with their Neo's.. I have gotten to the point where I don't even bother trying to correct anyone anymore. After all if they can get a wheel to spin than they are certified experts aren't they

Comment

don't know what it's worth but my wheel is turning fine with the slightly smaller (1/8 inch smaller in length width and thickness) I got R45 welding rods through amazon. wire from rautken.

Comment

At the beginning of this thread, Tom C said JB would be chiming in with the reason why we should not use neos. Did he do so? If so, what page?
                            Last edited by wrtner; 08-02-2014, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I asked JB, and in his words, "I have told them a million times, no neo's, not gonna tell them again" it is all over the internet in his writings and on multiple dvd titles. so I will tell you the reason. the fields are too large, and they are too strong. the ceramic has the right gauss and the field shape is perfect for what we want. it is just a trigger. every machine JB has has ceramics on it, except the giant ferris wheel which has neo mags on it but they are on the back of the ceramics to change the shape of the field for that particular machine, but that is the only one.

1- if the field is too large, you don't get a good south between magnets, you have to put the magnets too far apart, and it takes more energy to spin the wheel.
                              2- if the field is too strong it oversaturates the core.
                              3- this makes the machine hard to tune and puts to much current to the base of each transistor.
                              4- because it is not a generator.

Tom C

Comment

I asked JB, and in his words, "I have told them a million times, no neo's, not gonna tell them again" it is all over the internet in his writings and on multiple dvd titles. so I will tell you the reason. the fields are too large, and they are too strong. the ceramic has the right gauss and the field shape is perfect for what we want. it is just a trigger. every machine JB has has ceramics on it, except the giant ferris wheel which has neo mags on it but they are on the back of the ceramics to change the shape of the field for that particular machine, but that is the only one.

1- if the field is too large, you don't get a good south between magnets, you have to put the magnets too far apart, and it takes more energy to spin the wheel.
                                2- if the field is too strong it oversaturates the core.
                                3- this makes the machine hard to tune and puts to much current to the base of each transistor.
                                4- because it is not a generator.

Tom C
                                There are exceptions to this as I am sure you are well aware, however, as this is specifically about the SG, and doing as one is instructed, the exceptions are irrelevant. The part about the device not being a generator I cannot accept, and no one who has worked with this machine and similar embodiments should blindly accept this "idea" that the device isn't a generator when the facts indicate that it is. The device has generator written all over it. Aren't you taking advantage of generator action to turn on the transistor.....isn't the induced in both the trigger and the power winding at the same level when when the transistor is activated? What's the harm in considering the device from the perspective of the induced? If the supply battery is removed, aren't we left with an experiment in coil shorting, switching at the peak of the induced wave? I am not asking questions, I have answered these questions for myself, and only bring them up as I don't feel we are justified in saying that Neos cant be used, or that this isnt a generator, when in fact, it is possible to use Neo magnets, and the device is fundamentally a generator, not a very good one, but a generator nonetheless. I do accept the arguments against the use of Neos in designs that are presented by the inventor, however, as you know, here too are exceptions. If the device isn't a generator, then we require a detailed description of what it is because according to common sense, its a device capitalizing on the generator aspects of the machine. As far as I am concerned, and this is my opinion, we are dealing with a DC biased, pulsed AC generator. Mag Amp sums it up. It doesn't make sense to me that things are suggested, but when it comes right down to it the subject is avoided. Real talk about real principles are outright avoided, and if they aren't avoided, we are instructed not to use our common sense.

No progress is going to be made till we of the peanut gallery decide that what we are being presented isn't enough. Radiant......this term has no meaning whatsoever till you realize its connection with that which we call reactive power.

All this stuff we are being given I see it differently. We are taught about cap dumps not because we need to dump a cap into the battery. Remember, we charged a cap with the collapsing field, after realizing that the discharge of the coil wasn't what the battery wanted....the gears were switched and a cap was charged instead of the battery, this cap was then discharged across the the battery. What if....the lesson with the cap dump is that we should get the coil to behave as if it were the cap, hitting the battery with a current pulse instead of the voltage pulse we are all familiar with? Again, not a question........see coils as caps, comprehend that the only thing stopping a coil from instantly processing current is the mechanism of self induction. If you can regulate self induction, you govern the speed at which current can change in your coil. Now....self induction has a relation to capacity, the two form a tank...doesn't take a degree in rocket science to know that if this circuit is tuned, preferably self tuning, RPM independent, or no fixed frequency, is resonant, and the Q is high, there can and more than likely will be a rather large circulating current just waiting for you to route out via the all too familiar method. When you control the impedance offered to the flow of current within a coil, you are controlling more than you are aware of.

What I have found we want is to establish those conditions found at the zero crossing, were the current applied to the circuit is not opposed by the induced. If you could establish those conditions found at the zero crossing all the time........I think you get the picture, and if not....try harder.

IF.....you can control the impedance of a coil when current is moving through it, that coil can behave like a cap, transitions in current happening more or less instantly. This can result in voltage spikes which will destroy the entire apparatus, lucky for us, if its done in the proper manner no spikes ever manifest! Not only this, but if they do manifest, the only negative is you loose the switch, spikes being so great and so fast that they punch the gate of the switch (Aviso, Magnacoaster).

When my hero said, that he found the relation between self induction and capacity, he had found something of profound significance. A relation that once mastered and implemented, enabled him to move current in his system as if the system had no self-induction. We have been looking only at the induced current, and not the current in the oscillator. The current in the oscillator is already moving with zero impedance between L and C, that mechanism is what I believe he spread to other parts of the circuit, eventually being able to extract energy out of the oscillator. Now after considering that, look at your battery again, and tell me that the battery is not being charged with current.....if you still don't see current, under the proper conditions, insane current charging that battery, heaven help you.

Out of the many things that "increasing the reactive cross section" could mean, this is hands down, the only one worth my attention. They aren't lying, they just aren't keeping it real....this is a good thing, it makes us good researchers.

Please forgive my abrupt interruption of the flow of the thread.....habit.....

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X