Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Stand and Wheel Setup

Greetings All,

I am currently at the stage of setting up a Single Wheel Rotor Single Coil to begin my Practical Bedini SSG Motor work.
    This thread may seem boringly basic but I wanted some advice prior to work.

I am reasonably skilled with the Electrical Component of this Task having past experience with Coils and Circuitry HOWEVER Mechanical building beyond very simple things is not only not my field but a great difficulty.

My real point is How did the experienced builders here setup their Stands and Rotors?
    Is there a document somewhere on this Forum with Step-by-Step Procedure on how to build the Stands and then setup the Wheel on this?
    How do you "balance" the wheel as I read of here? How do you prevent wobbling yet have a near frictionless wheel?
    What is the proper spacing for a x mm wheel with 16 magnets on?

Once I get this wheel up there and it spins its 10+ mins I will have no trouble given that the circuit is simple and all I have to do is wind the coil

Hope to hear from you all soon

space magnets every 22.5 derg. for 16 magnets
    360 divided 16 = 22.5
    Last edited by guyzzemf; 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

space magnets every 22.5 derg. for 16 magnets
      360 divided 16 = 22.5

Comment

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...spin-time.html

Comment

This was my original thought on the Magnet Spacing however is there not points of relationship of angles for Core to Magnet that are Optimal?
          Is perpendicular faced the optimal angle? Will there be coils that perform better simply on the position?

Comment

Originally posted by matlenergyenquirer View Post
            This was my original thought on the Magnet Spacing however is there not points of relationship of angles for Core to Magnet that are Optimal?
            Is perpendicular faced the optimal angle? Will there be coils that perform better simply on the position?
            build it exactly like JB says in the book... both magnet configuration and coil configuration are already figured out for you! build and charge.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

In the Bedini SG Handbook for Beginners it says that John's wheel had a rim diameter of 22 inches. Which gives it a circumference of 69.11 inches. He had 24 x 1" wide magnets spaced 3 inches apart from center to center, leaving 2 inches in between. They were 2" x 1" x 0.5" according to Peter Lindemann and Aaron Murakami's book. Nothing mentioned about angles and degrees, just 24 mags 3 inches apart on a 22" diameter rim.

Comment

Magnet spacing

Originally posted by D Rhodes View Post
                In the Bedini SG Handbook for Beginners it says that John's wheel had a rim diameter of 22 inches. Which gives it a circumference of 69.11 inches. He had 24 x 1" wide magnets spaced 3 inches apart from center to center, leaving 2 inches in between. They were 2" x 1" x 0.5" according to Peter Lindemann and Aaron Murakami's book. Nothing mentioned about angles and degrees, just 24 mags 3 inches apart on a 22" diameter rim.
                There is no rocket science behind the magnet spacing....... so long as there is some spacing between each magnet. They cannot touch each other. They do not have to be evenly spaced! .......so long as they do not touch each other. The gap should be no less than 1.5 - 2 magnet widths. The wheel diameter and number of magnets mean nothing. You could have a 3" dia wheel with 2 magnets or a 10 foot diameter wheel with 100 magnets. Yes one will turn faster than the other. There is no advantage on number of magnets....or wheel diameter except for the amount of HP produced at the shaft. The larger wheel will give more HP at the shaft.

The important thing is to make sure there is an opposite pole between each magnet. So if your magnets are north facing out there should be a south pole field between each magnet. If not then the magnets are not far enough apart. The south pole is necessary to shut off the transistor. We do not want them on very long. Things will get hot. We do not want hot!

The only time precision magnet spacing becomes an issue is when you have multiple coils on the same wheel. Then they all have to very close on the spacing and the coils must be on the same magnet plane at the same time.

Remember to balance the wheel with your finished magnet spacing!

Hope this helps.

Bud
                Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                  There is no rocket science behind the magnet spacing....... so long as there is some spacing between each magnet. They cannot touch each other. They do not have to be evenly spaced! .......so long as they do not touch each other. The gap should be no less than 1.5 - 2 magnet widths. The wheel diameter and number of magnets mean nothing. You could have a 3" dia wheel with 2 magnets or a 10 foot diameter wheel with 100 magnets. Yes one will turn faster than the other. There is no advantage on number of magnets....or wheel diameter except for the amount of HP produced at the shaft. The larger wheel will give more HP at the shaft.

The important thing is to make sure there is an opposite pole between each magnet. So if your magnets are north facing out there should be a south pole field between each magnet. If not then the magnets are not far enough apart. The south pole is necessary to shut off the transistor. We do not want them on very long. Things will get hot. We do not want hot!

The only time precision magnet spacing becomes an issue is when you have multiple coils on the same wheel. Then they all have to very close on the spacing and the coils must be on the same magnet plane at the same time.

Remember to balance the wheel with your finished magnet spacing!

Hope this helps.

Bud
                  Bud, sorry to step in on this but yes they do need to be evenly spacecd and there is an advantage to maximizing magnets on the wheel as long as they are not to close. . your machine will not run smoothly if your spacing is wrong, say one at 2 inches 1 at 4 inches... it will lope and oscillate funny and it wont go into resonance with the coil. more magnets means more radiant event per rpm which means better charging.

Tom C

Comment

Hello Tom,
                    Doesn't it also mean that more radiant events require more Run battery energy? My hope is that the trade off is not linear due to the quality of the radiant energy, and thus there is progressively a greater COP for progressively more magnets?
                    KennyGee

Comment

Kenny,

there is a balance, in general more magnets do mean more current draw, it is pretty linear in attraction mode, I have not done the experiments of spacing one more magnet at a time and doing a current check. you can limit current just as easily by changing your base resistance and slowing the wheel down a bit. personally I want the magnets as evenly spaced as possible within reason. I want the wheel to have the least amount of mechanical resistance as possible, and I want my magnet gap "just right" to maximize base transistor opening and closing while not using more current than I need. it is an electro mechanical system so you need to look at both halves of the equasion.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                      X