Neodimium is really a no no ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neodimium is really a no no ?

1) I have a lot of neodimium magnets. Is it mandatory the use of ferrite ?

2) Diode 1N4001 is impossible in Brazil. Could one use a 1N914 or 1N4148

3) Using a hard disk as a rotor, one should use 4 magnets or more ?

This bidini space in the Energy System Forum has a FAQ ?

Originally posted by ttsoares View Post
    1) I have a lot of neodimium magnets. Is it mandatory the use of ferrite ?

2) Diode 1N4001 is impossible in Brazil. Could one use a 1N914 or 1N4148

3) Using a hard disk as a rotor, one should use 4 magnets or more ?

This bidini space in the Energy System Forum has a FAQ ?
    use ceramic
    build with a bike wheel
    914 is to small use 4007 both places

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Chnging from neodymium to ceramic

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      use ceramic
      build with a bike wheel
      914 is to small use 4007 both places

Tom C
      OK. Tom. (I am Thomas myself ;-)

Bought ceramic magnets.

Made the circuit with two 1N4007.

The spokes of my aluminum bike wheel has some ferromagnetic nuts attaching the spokes to the rim... Is this OK ?

The wheel has 26cm of radius. How many magnets should be glued on the rim ?

Comment

Originally posted by ttsoares View Post
        OK. Tom. (I am Thomas myself ;-)

Bought ceramic magnets.

Made the circuit with two 1N4007.

The spokes of my aluminum bike wheel has some ferromagnetic nuts attaching the spokes to the rim... Is this OK ?

The wheel has 26cm of radius. How many magnets should be glued on the rim ?

your rim is fine.... it is a matter of what magnets your purchase, 3 to 5 magnet widths apart. so if you magnet is one inch wide then 3 inches from the end of one magnet to the start of the next. you want them close enough that it forms an imaginary south but not so close that the south disappears and the norths connect and form one magnet pole.

Tom C

Comment

Hi Thomas,
          thought this might help to visualize the magnet spacing:

-KR
          Patrick
          Last edited by min2oly; 04-05-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            your rim is fine.... it is a matter of what magnets your purchase, 3 to 5 magnet widths apart. so if you magnet is one inch wide then 3 inches from the end of one magnet to the start of the next. you want them close enough that it forms an imaginary south but not so close that the south disappears and the norths connect and form one magnet pole.
            Tom C
            Used the following logic:

- For the diameter of 24" the official Bedini project says 16 magnets. The perimeter of such rim is 191,64 cm. So 191.64/16 = 11.977 cm between each magnet.

- Using this for the 20,5" diameter rim one reach the distance of 13,66 cm between each magnet.

My ceramic magnets are 33x22x8mm.

I just finished to glue the magnets on the rim using polyurethane foam of high expansion.

The circuit is ready, also the coils.

Next is to attach somehow the fork in such way that all stay vertical solid.

Comment

Thanks Patrick but i am a little behind of the point when the magnets are important :-(

Today turned of the first time the system... Only to hear a buzz noise coming from the coil and the neon bulb stays turned off.
              Already saw this behavior in a Youtube video.

For sure there is a electric connection error. Will return to the drawing board again.

Any tips welcomed.
              Last edited by ttsoares; 04-07-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

By the way, i am using as reference this:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-04-07-17h48m12s216.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	45464

Comment

SUCCESS !!

Sorry to flood this thread... but i have a bunch of people here to convince about free energy and this Bedini is the working proof.

I changed the coil and the system start to spin. Both coils has the same 850 turns but the one that worked is with wires 22 and 26. The one with 20 and 24 was no able to sustain the wheel spinning.

The charging battery is really getting energy. Now it is with 13.37V and raising. But how much charge one can put in a 7A/h battery ?

Plus, the wheel is spinning at just 5.8 Km/h.
                  It is not much impressive :-(
                  How one could raise this spinning velocity ?

Comment

Could anybody direct me to some place where a non electrical guru could find direct and simple informations about who to maximize the energy production from a Bedini SG ?

I am just a metallurgical engineer and electricity is just a hobby...

Thanks.

Comment

OK. I was really out or course before !! After had bought and read "The Complete Beginner´s Handbook" and a lot of other readings i had an eye opening transformation... The SG is not a OU system. Even thought one could charge more than one battery with a primary one this is very hard to achieve. The solid state way seems to be much more promising. Using could with only power+trigger windings naive... We need that had to build coil with 7 power plus trigger.

Now i started a second system build. Now much more similar to that of the Bedini kit. And, for instance, that kit has a rim mad of steel ! The Lindermann "how to build" shows that the magnets do attract the rim !! Is this not a problem ?

Then i found this: http://freenrg.info/Bedini/SSG_STARTERS_GUIDE-Two.pdf and it was another eye opening opportunity...

Anyway, i still believe that this technology can be used to show the principle of the Tesla´s Radiant Energy as it is been already used to build engines here in Brazil et: www.keppemotor.com.br/en/

Comment

OK. I was really out or course before !! After had bought and read "The Complete Beginner´s Handbook" and a lot of other readings i had an eye opening transformation... The SG is not a OU system. Even thought one could charge more than one battery with a primary one this is very hard to achieve. The solid state way seems to be much more promising. Using could with only power+trigger windings naive... We need that had to build coil with 7 power plus trigger.

Now i started a second system build. Now much more similar to that of the Bedini kit. And, for instance, that kit has a rim mad of steel ! The Lindermann "how to build" shows that the magnets do attract the rim !! Is this not a problem ?

Then i found this: http://freenrg.info/Bedini/SSG_STARTERS_GUIDE-Two.pdf and it was another eye opening opportunity...

Anyway, i still believe that this technology can be used to show the principle of the Tesla´s Radiant Energy as it is been already used to build engines here in Brazil et: www.keppemotor.com.br/en/

Comment

Hi
                          Im using server hd neodyne magnets 8 pcs in an 8 inch rotor????
                          Using the basic ssg.... beside the primary driver coil..... im looking for an efficient coil design to charge a large battery bank
                          the question is can the neodyne magnets do the charging or is it too strong????
                          Its been rotating 24/7 and i need to harvest the energy in the most efficient way.... cap dump is ok solid state is ok how about the coils
                          impedance matching, size and quantity...... ?????
                          If we can limit the coils to maximum 3 or 4 to achieve the above set up will be fine..... if my consumption for the driver is only 200 ma, and 800 ma for 3 circuits in parallel ... i have 3 20 v dc output ( same as 3 10 w solar panels)
                          so instead of pick up coils why not all use driver coils at 1 ampere for 1200 rpm ...... with 4 20 v dc output now to a solid state cap dump ssg

and at the same time install a pulley on the rotor connected to a dc motor producing another 24 v dc to use for loop

too many if's ??? but doable ... just on a budget string that only put everything on hold at the moment

hope you can share your thoughts also

cheers

totoalas

Comment

do not use neo magnets the coil configuration has already been given. the SG is not a prime mover you want as little force as possible being used to sustain rotation...... enjoy the ride. start with one coil get over 1 then add to your system. Tom C

Comment

Working...
                            X