Bedini Dual Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Dual Battery Charger

Around the time of the School Girl energizer release, John Bedini also released a diagram that he originally called the Dual Battery Charger.

Here is the diagram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dualbatt.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	50879

It is a trifilar (3 windings) - a power, trigger and recovery. Recovery goes through a bridge to charge a cap. The timing pulley is sized so that the cap gets charged to the desired voltage. Then the lobe on the cam on the pulley triggers two contacts points to close and discharge this cap into a battery to charge it up.

Here is a pic of my "Dual Battery Charger" - I did my best to build it to spec.

Name:	bedini-sg-dual-battery-charger.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	50878

It didn't work too well - not because John's plans don't work - the build wasn't too great. The pulley was way too heavy, I used Neo's in the rotor so efficiency wasn't good, etc... It was my first attempt at charging a battery with an SG. You can see a sheet of lead - that is wrapped over the battery getting charged in case it exploded. I didn't know what to expect by discharging a capacitor into a battery.

This is the same concept but much bigger.

Name:	bedini-sg-bicycle-wheel-dual-battery-charger.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	50877

John said make it big so the first coil was 1000 turns per wire (trifilar) and then I did one that was 2000 turns (trifilar) - talk about some aching hands!

After the "Dual Battery Charger", John simplified it so you didn't need a pulley, 3rd winding, etc... and the SSG was released.

Let me know if this thread should be in another forum - not sure if it belongs in this Beginner one.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Working...
X