Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincoln R60 Welding rod coil cores mandatory? Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I wanted to add that if you are a beginner, first get the machine running with the specified welding rod and get very used to how the machine is supposed to operate and charge batteries... This should be your base line. After this make all the core changes you want to get a better understanding of what works best... Record and or document all your results as you will forget and end up wasting time with your research. Simply, you want maximum progress or advancment for that valuable time spent on research.

Dave Wing

Comment

Hi all!
      In the book Bedini recommends to use R45 iron welding rod, R60 can be used too.

Comment

Hi to all,
        i looked tru the threads and saw that some people in Europe have problems with finding R60 weldingrods.
        In Europe they are called G3 weldingrods.When you compare the ingredience you see this are the same.
        Here is a purchaser:infoawissus@yahoo.de,http://www.ebay.at/itm/1-Kg-Gasschwe...8#ht_500wt_818
        I hope that helps.
        Last edited by forelle; 12-06-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by forelle View Post
          Hi to all,
          i looked tru the threads and saw that some people in Europe have problems with finding R60 weldingrods.
          In Europe they are called G3 weldingrods.When you compare the ingredience you see this are the same.
          Here is a purchaser:infoawissus@yahoo.de
          I hope that helps.
          HI!
          This is great, by the way send me your skype or email contact so that we can stay in steady communication.
          By the way i can speak german too.

The email which mentioned is it a private seller, or is that company mail?
          Just forgot to mentioned that i found german supplier (trying to get the actual price)
          Last edited by BEDINSSGUKRAINE; 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forelle View Post
            Hi to all,
            Here is a purchaser:infoawissus@yahoo.de,1 Kg Gasschweißstäbe G3 Schweißdraht 1,6mm G III Schweißen Autogen Schweißstäbe | eBay
            I hope that helps.
            Hi to all,
            i have made a mistake because i say that the G3 are the same as the R60,i read once more the ingridients and have to say that the G3 are between the R60 and R45.
            R60:C 0.11-0.15%,Si 0.1-0.35%,Mn 0.9-1.4%,Ni 0.3%
            G3:C 0.08%,Si 0.1%,Mn 1.1%,Ni 0.4%

Comment

Working...
            X