One-Coil SG 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
    Yes..Please. I would like to see your version. What do you use for the contact points? I have seen where individuals have used copper or brass stripes for contact points. In this recent Youtube video Oliver uses a commercially available micro switch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWt...47_b6QP5Zv9OtA It is only rated for 10 Amps though. That seems like it would severely limit the potential. I have some carbon contact points from power tool brushed motors that I would like to try. Hitachi tools use a energy recovery method with their tools for efficiency. Their carbon mixture with their replacement brushes would probably fit the bill for this type of work. What has been your observation of performance with your device?

Thanks
    Doug
    Hi Dough,
    First thing first... no one seems to get the gist of the 'Inverted Potential switch'
    I highly recommand every one to closely observe the patent 6,545,444.. the switiching representations in the patent says a lot about this Inverted Potential swicth. watch that the dump between the Positive of the Capacitor and the Positive of the Battery is represented by the rotary contacts (Spark gap) while the negatives
    (at least the Battery Negative)are shown free.
    Also, all the iterations of the 6,545,444 patent actual work models have a Solid-state switch unit by the side of them.(you may refer for the color photos in the FEG book,watch at the left bottom corner of the Full bipolar Motor Generator and also in in the side of one of the wooden toy version of the same patent.
    Another thing..Carbon has high resisitivity so never use carbon for Capacitor-discharge application. best is silverized copper contacts and thick bars prefered must easily pass 5000A(Pulsed) peak safely..
    i shall post my true picture of these versions..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 10-14-2017, 12:34 AM.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
      "and thick bars prefered must easily pass 5000A(Pulsed) peak safely.. "
      So true, Faraday.
      So many circuits I see that expect a very high current spike cannot work. If they would use the copper wire tables and Ohms law it will be calculated that the instantaneous voltage drop would kill any possible overunity. If carbon/silver brushes are used on a slip ring this is especially true. Some numbers, like voltage drop across the carbon brush and slip ring interface and also copper to copper contacts, are difficult to get and several different components are involved and their performance curves are not always linear so cannot be extrapolated linearly.
      Hi Richard,
      I suggest you may also try mercury pool-copper contact for high durability of dump switching method. however nothing is forever...the mercury pool will eventually deoriate/contaminate in composition and may even develop dendarite that result
      in partial condution even at complete off state. look, the key is to have the HIGH-VOLTAGE ON THE CAPACITOR CONVERTED INTO HIGH-CURRENT INTO THE BATTERY (THIS IS NOT CURRENT OF ELECTRON MASSES BUT CURRENT OF DIFFERENT FORM) THIS IS THE ESSENCE OF THE RADIANT GAIN IN THE BATTERY.
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Richard,
        I suggest you may also try mercury pool-copper contact for high durability of dump switching method. however nothing is forever...the mercury pool will eventually deoriate/contaminate in composition and may even develop dendarite that result
        in partial condution even at complete off state. look, the key is to have the HIGH-VOLTAGE ON THE CAPACITOR CONVERTED INTO HIGH-CURRENT INTO THE BATTERY (THIS IS NOT CURRENT OF ELECTRON MASSES BUT CURRENT OF DIFFERENT FORM OR OF AETHERIC DENSITY) THIS IS THE ESSENCE OF THE RADIANT GAIN IN THE BATTERY. But there is more to the dump action of the Capacitor as i think i have stated here or some other thread..its the Inveterd Potential switch and there is a patent pending(Provisional patent)) on that .. and further.... see it mentioned in the FEG book as well as the presence of both Semiconductor switch and mechanical switch (dump) in all the models of Capacitor Discharger (Semi-solid-state or full solid-state or Rotary machines.).....do you see this is in the Real M'coy??? i could'nt figure out on that...
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

I am using three 25V 15,000uF capacitors paralleled now. The voltage builds to 18.8V and dumps to 14.2V. I am just using copper to copper at the contact point. There is a small visible spark at this voltage that you can see in the dark. With this setup the charge battery seems to be charging at a faster rate than the primary battery is discharging. I am still only using just two of the seven power windings.

Doug
          Last edited by DMANN; 10-16-2017, 09:18 PM. Reason: spark in the dark

Comment

One-Coil SG 3D

Hi Doug. Really nice work on your Mechanical Pulley setup. The action looks amazingly smooth. Fantastic work.
            Your right about the Micro-Switch and needing to keep the potential discharges down. I've upgraded to a 16Amp switch and a roller but even that shows signs of strain with discharges over 21volts from my 90,000uF Capacitor bank. I'm running with 2 x 26" wheels these days with a slightly larger setup.

Keep up the great work.

Oliver

Yes..Please. I would like to see your version. What do you use for the contact points? I have seen where individuals have used copper or brass stripes for contact points. In this recent Youtube video Oliver uses a commercially available micro switch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWt...47_b6QP5Zv9OtA It is only rated for 10 Amps though. That seems like it would severely limit the potential. I have some carbon contact points from power tool brushed motors that I would like to try. Hitachi tools use a energy recovery method with their tools for efficiency. Their carbon mixture with their replacement brushes would probably fit the bill for this type of work. What has been your observation of performance with your device?

Thanks
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
              There are low cost FET's rated at 40 volts that can handle 1000 amp pulses and they have less than .001 ohm resistance. These low resistance FET's are not yet available at the higher voltage ratings. A full floating trigger circuit to turn on the FET can be made for about $10 so that the FET does not need to be tied to a ground reference.
              Would you mind posting a circuit like this or provide a link to an example?

Comment

Doug,

I should have said something about this earlier.... John really loved mechanical machines, he was very proud of his pulley and discharge setups, he always felt they were the best option for cap dumping, he made the solid state cap dumps to increase reliability of the technology. everyone who is building is following in the spirit of his challenge to all of us.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Doug,

I just watched your 3 BLDC casting process Videos, great job!!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                    Doug,

I just watched your 3 BLDC casting process Videos, great job!!

Tom C
                    Even if anyone would choose not to use my particular design the process alone is worth a lot. There are so many coil designs that can be made from this and experimented with. I appreciate Paul Babcock for sharing that process. I have been interested in the Faraday disc type generators with the C-Shaped field coils for a while now. There are some fantastic stories about the designs from Otis Carr, John Searl, Paul Brown, and Mark Tomion that I believe may be worth exploring.
                    Doug,

I should have said something about this earlier.... John really loved mechanical machines, he was very proud of his pulley and discharge setups, he always felt they were the best option for cap dumping, he made the solid state cap dumps to increase reliability of the technology. everyone who is building is following in the spirit of his challenge to all of us.

Tom C
                    Tom, The mechanical cap dump has been a fun project to experiment with. There are so many things that you can do with this project. The threaded rod makes additions easy. I wish I could have met John Bedini to have had some direct guidance. I certainly appreciate what information was given through the many videos and books.

Doug

Comment

Doug,

Tom C
                      Thank you TomC for that little account in the memory of JB...
                      Best Regards,
                      Faraday88.

Comment

I have added a 15lb cast iron flywheel to the project. The end goal will be to disconnect the primary using the circuit that Bedini provided to Jim Watson for his machines and then zap the primary with the radiant from the generator coils. I'm going to use the mechanical energy from the cast iron wheel to run the device while the primary is getting fed. Here is the video of the energizer running with the flywheel:
                        I should have it running with the circuit for preliminary testing in 2 weeks.

Doug
                        Last edited by DMANN; 10-26-2017, 07:51 PM. Reason: video link to embedded

Comment

Hi Doug,
                          I did some similar experiments on my medium size machine and had some great results. I did not utilize a heavy flywheel as you are doing but the idea of pausing the primary feed and taking from the freewheeling on a genny coil was what I played with along with shorting the genny. I did a lot more after the video I made but didn't tape any more of it.

If you have a hard time with the 555 circuit you could try what I was doing which is an Aurduino. You can program the duty cycle however you want with those things. I switched a SSR to do the job but you could also use a FET. It's just a simple switch ON (set time) OFF ( set Time) inline on the primary feed. .

This is a really long video and that was not the primary focus but if you fast forward to about 10 min you can see it.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miF0wz17HLEA4Xrgy

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                            Hi Doug,
                            I did some similar experiments on my medium size machine and had some great results. I did not utilize a heavy flywheel as you are doing but the idea of pausing the primary feed and taking from the freewheeling on a genny coil was what I played with along with shorting the genny. I did a lot more after the video I made but didn't tape any more of it.

If you have a hard time with the 555 circuit you could try what I was doing which is an Aurduino. You can program the duty cycle however you want with those things. I switched a SSR to do the job but you could also use a FET. It's just a simple switch ON (set time) OFF ( set Time) inline on the primary feed. .

This is a really long video and that was not the primary focus but if you fast forward to about 10 min you can see it.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzmftzD-V0miF0wz17HLEA4Xrgy
                            Bob, That was a great video and an AWESOME machine!!!! I'm probably digging a little in the past with the 555 and mechanical relay. The Arduino certainly seems to be the way to go. With the amount of amps these machines are said to pulse there is also probably a definite need to parallel your switching devices (relay, bht, fet...etc) even on a relatively small device.

As for the coil shorting with the reeds to get the high voltage peak events on the generator coils...Is that not hypothetically the same thing as what Watson did using the ring magnets to get the fast switching? Chapter 7 of the Advance SG book explains this. Look under "Other Unique Features".

Doug

Comment

I have added a 15lb cast iron flywheel to the project. The end goal will be to disconnect the primary using the circuit that Bedini provided to Jim Watson for his machines and then zap the primary with the radiant from the generator coils. I'm going to use the mechanical energy from the cast iron wheel to run the device while the primary is getting fed. Here is the video of the energizer running with the flywheel:
                              I should have it running with the circuit for preliminary testing in 2 weeks.

Doug
                              Hi Dough,
                              First of all Great work indeed!!! Jim Watson's machine was not switched in the sense of Generating the Radiant Impulse in the SSG way... we all know that right!! but nothing stops you from trying it this way either!... i know it can be done.. but the gist of the entire pursuit is.. what is it that we are after..?? either Torque or Speed but not both from the same 'Source'..for me the John Bedini's 1984 machine is more a precursor to understand all this.. (i feel John gave an improvised iteration that was Cap-dump version to Jim watson and not his original 1984 machine based on Tom bearden Theory of self-powered motor-generator.)
                              Its not my intention to discourage Experimenters...on the hind sight,..i intend to give pointers in the direction i have gut feeling and that i also have myself getting results the way i have thought about them...
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Doug,

Watson was not doing the Coil Shorting technique. on his machine. The magnets / coils just generated a very High Voltage that filled a cap, that was then Dumped into the Primary Battery, while the drive motor is off, (called Back Popping) using a DPDT relay, to switch between the 2 states
                                Power Motor / Dump Cap. The duty cycle is a very short duration pulse for the cap dump, and rest of the time is Power Motor...

Coil Shorting came much, much later, when Kone Head (Doug Kronzen) introduced the technique.

There is no reason that you can't do coil shorting on your genny coils if you want......
                                let me know if you need a coil shorting circuit, and I will show you one with Mosfet Back Popping the Primary battery while disconnecting the Drive circuit......
                                Last edited by RS_; 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X