New Medium Sized Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
    Hey. I screen shot this a while back. I don't know what web site it came from, but it shows two schematics for a gen coil circuit used to multiply the voltage. It does not seem to be for a solid state design though. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5547[/ATTACH]
    This is the Doug Konzen's method of 'Coil shorting' method to Charge Capacitor...
    Rgds.
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
      HI DMANN,

YES! That is the same thing. It does not matter if it is solid state transformer or a pickup coil as long as you devise a way to get the timing right. You also want to make the switch as quickly as possible which means if you use a reed you are interested in it's (PI) and (AT) characteristics. Even if you just use whatever is on hand you want to make sure that it is oscillating and not just shutting so proximity to the field could be an issue.

Really when you think about this it is the same thing as the larger circuit accept a bridge is used instead of a diode and it's induction rather than the battery as the source. Thanks for sharing your schematic DMANN.

As I said before to me the biggest thing about this is the rising of voltage beyond what you could get without using it. How many of us have wound up a pickup coil and thrown it on our machines only to be disappointed that we get like 10v from it, I know I have done that many times and thought well damm I can't do much with it. Using this method we can push it as high as we want so that it can be dumped across a battery.
      Bob,

Are you shorting the secondary or primary with the reed? Really I need to try something closer to what you did but I don't enjoy winding coils and figured maybe I could solid state it and see what you are getting at. As I said I hope at some point to try and actually replicate what you saw. I don't mean to be like oh me too but I have also seen the effect with shorting the primary that DMANN and RS noted. I do a lot with cap discharges and it was generally when I went to short the cap with the device running, accidentally bridged the two sides and thought, oh no I've blown the thing up only to find the cap at 40 volts I have wondered whether that could be put to good use.

What I am working on that I'll give its own thread is a version of the Tesla Switch that as far as I can tell meets all the requirements for a Tesla switch but uses two less transistors, I call it the Telsa Half Switch.

Comment

Thanks Faraday88! Did a search of the name/method and found this recent video which seems to explain the effect. DKozen chimes in on the comments to further explain what is going on.

Comment

Bob,

Are you shorting the secondary or primary with the reed? Really I need to try something closer to what you did but I don't enjoy winding coils and figured maybe I could solid state it and see what you are getting at. As I said I hope at some point to try and actually replicate what you saw. I don't mean to be like oh me too but I have also seen the effect with shorting the primary that DMANN and RS noted. I do a lot with cap discharges and it was generally when I went to short the cap with the device running, accidentally bridged the two sides and thought, oh no I've blown the thing up only to find the cap at 40 volts I have wondered whether that could be put to good use.

What I am working on that I'll give its own thread is a version of the Tesla Switch that as far as I can tell meets all the requirements for a Tesla switch but uses two less transistors, I call it the Telsa Half Switch.
          I showed it two ways but I think your asking about the SS example. That was the secondary. The coil has two wires, a thicker primary and a thinner secondary both wound together to 3/4 of the spool and then the secondary continues the rest of the way to fill the spool. That is connected to the bridge and the reed is connected to the AC side of the bridge also.

On the first rotor example it was a single wire pickup coil.

Great video DMANN!

These were just simple video's I made showing an actual implementation of a coil shorting method.

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
            Thanks Faraday88! Did a search of the name/method and found this recent video which seems to explain the effect. DKozen chimes in on the comments to further explain what is going on.
            Will second Bob's comment, excellent video. I checked out this person's youtube channel and it is uncanny I am a think a little less dramatic with some wording but for instance his most recent video The Single Pulse Experiment (Free Energy Evidence)? I have done the exact same thing and was thinking about posting a video showing same for two weeks, I was gong to call it "The Utkin Diode" because it wasn't until Vladamir Utkin spelled it out for me that I got it that if you take a nine volt battery and pulse it in series through a coil/diode to a cap you see 11,12,13 volts in cap. Or you can pulse a big cap through same into a small cap and, as debunkified did calculate that you have broken to the upside conservation of energy/conservation of charge. About the only thing I would add to his excellent video is that if you just take a coil pulse it though an NPN transistor out to a cap, well what do you have at the emitter of the NPN but your diode, so you see the exact same effect he is showing with a push button switch and separate diode. So at this point, at least for one pulse I have violated conservation of energy to upside/conservation of charge to upside, always see conservation of energy violated to downside if just going straight cap to cap, about the only thing I haven't seen yet is conservation of charge violated to downside yet (where's all the excess charge going?). So maybe I want a bumper sticker "I violated conservation of energy". Going from one pulse to something actually useful (and really when you step back and consider a one kW free energy device would make about 10-12 cents/hour in revenue or maybe what 1/150th what you would make flippin burgers this is all maybe more about knowledge and independence than other concerns) but going to something useful is where the grand poohbahs of free energy reign supreme, and yes I am frustrated, because everytime I try to automate this finding, at least with transistors, I get chewed up with switching costs and end up playing whack a mole trying to make the thing work. I can see it plain as day but making it work is another story. I think now, speaking of grand poohbah's I'll go Joseph Neuman on you all and just try going with lots of thick wire in hopes that sufficient induction makes up for a multitude of sins.

Lastly, I just started a thread called Half Switch Tesla, I see Debunkified did the exact same thing a few months back as I said uncanny. I can get the darn thing to work with BJTs, it is actually pretty cool, maybe not a real Tesla switch but pretty cool. I can see where the losses are just doing each switch second by second and I haven't been able to correct them without the circuit falling apart (i.e. I can't bias the opto isolated transistors making the parallel connections without it shorting the series connection and w/o the bias you lose 1.2 volts). I need to go back and look at what JB actually did, if he did this with BJTs at low voltage well at least from someone who has no clue what he is doing but threw himself at it for a few weeks it is pretty astonishing. For the moment though I am retreating from this whole nonsense like Shelob from Sam Wise Gamgee.

Ciao,

Z
            Last edited by ZPDM; 10-17-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
              I showed it two ways but I think your asking about the SS example. That was the secondary. The coil has two wires, a thicker primary and a thinner secondary both wound together to 3/4 of the spool and then the secondary continues the rest of the way to fill the spool. That is connected to the bridge and the reed is connected to the AC side of the bridge also.

On the first rotor example it was a single wire pickup coil.

Great video DMANN!

These were just simple video's I made showing an actual implementation of a coil shorting method.
              Bob, sorry to get so far off topic on your thread, I feel certain there is great potential/benefit with coil shorting and if one can do it with rotors one can do it solid state with maybe even better precision, I am just a bit too burnt out now to throw myself at it maybe in a couple weeks/months but thank you again for reporting the finding it certainly has my interest.

Comment

If you, or any one that wants a copy of the ring the ring Sch, will PM me your email, I will send you a full size pic.....

Comment

genius.. I wish I could have make like this

Comment

Commutator setup

Hi there,

Dont know if this is still active or not, or even if this is releveant.
                    This is a variable commutator i built a while ago for a pancake motor.
                    Each segment can be soldered in and out allowing precise dimensions.
                    Brushes last and are cheap and easy to replace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commutator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	49035

John.
                    Cant spend it when your dead.

Comment

Hi John,

Good to see you here. That looks pretty slick. I might have to get one of those

John K.

Comment

Heck yea that,, what he said ;-)

Nice!

I could think of several uses for that.

Comment

Hi John,

Good to be back.
                          A wife and 2 kids got in the way.
                          but now i have Mr lathe and Mr mill to back me up.
                          Time to get back into the 10 coiler.

Comment

Commutator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130921_155103.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	512.0 KB
ID:	49039

I built a pancake motor for a friend and this commutator was destined for a mono-pole.... 5 years ago.
                            I built a few of them. They are easy to replicate.
                            Last edited by Deuis; 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuis View Post
                              Hi John,

Good to be back.
                              A wife and 2 kids got in the way.
                              but now i have Mr lathe and Mr mill to back me up.
                              Time to get back into the 10 coiler.
                              Lol John, I have that problem too. But I only have Mr drill press and Mr bench grinder

I've been missing your 10 coiler too. We had good times together... I'd love to put that on a 3 battery switch and couple a low drag generator to it

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuis View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]5594[/ATTACH]

I built a pancake motor for a friend and this commutator was destined for a mono-pole.... 5 years ago.
                                I built a few of them. They are easy to replicate.
                                That machine looks great. Well if you are getting back into building or just doing runs I hope you will share your work here on the forum.

Going back to the original idea I had for this machine I think your commutator would have been the best, I think Gary had said that too early on. At the time I was trying to challenge myself to make a machine that was minimal on technology like the transistors. Kind of a survivalist model. It did teach me a few things and I know it can be done now if I had too. I had it down to where the only modern part on it was the diode and I was going to try to eliminate that by making a plate contact with some heat treated copper in a borax bath (like the crystal cells) but I never got around to that. I started cheating and put a solid state relay on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X