X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James_Somewhere_In_Idaho
    replied
    Hi Bob

I like that idea...I have never worked with an MC, but have considered learning how to program a PIC...what do you think about PIC MCs? Have you ever used them?

The reason I am asking, is that I already have the programs for doing the coding and interfacing with a PIC on my OS, and all I need is the interface programmer hardware and MC...
    Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 01-03-2016, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    James,
    The MC gives all kinds of control over the circuit that cannot be achieved with fixed parts which is one reason I favor it. What I mean by that is I have created programs that will jump from one freq to another to another and another in a loop. It would be the equivalent of turning the pot to different positions but hundreds of times a second and not hitting the spaces in between, not only targeted frequencies but multiples and other times octave climbing. Sweeps, steps, rests, all precisely controlled by a quarts crystal.

I have not shown everything I have tried but the board allows me to save it as a program and I can load it back up whenever I want without ever breaking out the soldering iron. For experimenting it is really a wonderful solution, you should try one sometime and I think you will see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi Bob

...Removed trivial stuff...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Series L Parallel RC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	48760

The "secret" is to "calculate" the relationship between the L (inductor or trigger coil) and the C (capacitor) in the above referenced circuit, and fine tune it with the R (pot). ...Removed trivial stuff... I am certain you can do it with your skills. I can provide links to online calculators to help you (what I used), if you would like to try it?

Either way, I am happy you are experimenting with "intended frequencies" and hope you continue to do so, using any method you are comfortable with. Anyway, good work...
    Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 01-04-2016, 10:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Hi James,
    Thanks for the research paper. I gave it a quick read but most of it is over my head ;-)

I will read it over a few more times however. I think I do understand the point you were making though.

Let me just say that it is not easy to tune to particular frequencies AND fulfill the main requirement of charging the batteries. I am not only now picking up that baton, it has taken me years to get enough understanding and control of my experiments to show what I show now. For example I do think it will be hard to get up into that 2khz range and still have enough amplitude to do much work, not saying I can't but I just know that at those frequencies it is hard to get work to perform particularly on large batteries which is always another of my goals. I am interested in batteries and banks of batteries that might be used in off grid applications so I seldom fool with small cells and the point being that smalls are easy because they require so little current.

Folks forget the mystical layer of this example for a moment and think about what is being done in a practical sense.

We have a 12v source drawn at 1A producing radiant energy and being re-gauged into positive energy charging a 75AH battery to the upper curve. Many people cannot charge typical garden battery which is about 13AH on 1A, myself included about 5 years ago.

Now that is not to say there is nothing special about targeted frequencies. In my research I found that beyond all the "healing" mumbo jumbo there is evidence that WATER dances to particular frequencies and yes 528 is one of them. With the proper encouragement you can smooth the medium for energy flow and conversely with other frequencies you can hinder transfer.

We were all shown these techniques and encouraged to experiment yet when you do go out of the box,, well I think James sums it up well in his signature.

I highly recommend that anyone who seriously desires to understand waves, frequencies, impedance, reflection and resonance to watch the following video.

Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dovu...8B8220DEE96FD9
    Last edited by BobZilla; 01-02-2016, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi Bob

Nice video. I'm glad that someone, finally, is working with intentional frequencies, besides me. ...Removed some trivial stuff... Anyway, good work.
    Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 01-04-2016, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Happy New year everyone!

I know some of you will find this interesting..

Link:
    http://1drv.ms/1NWCZXg

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Ok guys I forgot about showing the relay setup, sorry about that.

Here is a video:
    http://1drv.ms/1lEwyiH
    Last edited by BobZilla; 12-15-2015, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Yaah Bob Z,

No pressure on you with this. When you get it back and up and running we will certainly look closely at it. The solid state relay concept appears to be intriguing - uncertain as to the frequency capabilities and response times, but if it works in this application then there are no immediate issues. Very nice!

My experience with these types of components has been more in the realm of industrial based PLC's and hardware. Typically very robust in capability, but oh so pricey.

James, amongst others, seems to be exploring the middle ground here between micro's and PLC's - the data acquisition side and subsequent manipulation of performance through software versus the traditional method of just electronic components. There is a lot to be said for this approach since the processing power, cost and size diminishment has exploded by orders of magnitude over the past 10 years.

In essence, it is extremely interesting to this observer how this marriage of electronics and software will impact the field of power magnification over the short term. IMHO you are pushing the right direction.

Looking forward to your latest,
    Yaro

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Hi guys,

I did not forget about this, just been delayed. I lost my original program for the timing so I have been tweaking on that before I can show the new configuration.

James that sounds interesting. I have thought about using a raspberry in my projects as well.

The new version of this board is not really all that different but Istill want to show it. I replaced the original fets with a solid state relay. I like the relay so much I have thought about making a mechanical machine that uses them.

I will try to follow up soon on the modification to this board.

Leave a comment:

• James McDonald
    replied
    Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
    Hi Yaro,

Hey I'm glad you see some value in this. I actually have another version of this device built now which is a simplified version (component wise). It still uses a micro controller but the switching is handled slightly different. I will try to shoot a video tomorrow for you to have a look at. I went on to make many modifications and various test scenarios but this post never took off so I didn't bother sharing the progress.
    Hi Bob --

I would like to see more on this build also. I am now starting into the microcontroller stage of recording voltage and current values for my Bedini SG Machines. The next
    step after that will be replacing the magnet wheel with a PWM chip that is controlled by a Raspberry Pi 2 B+. Keep the information flowing.

Thanks,

James

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Hi Yaro,

Hey I'm glad you see some value in this. I actually have another version of this device built now which is a simplified version (component wise). It still uses a micro controller but the switching is handled slightly different. I will try to shoot a video tomorrow for you to have a look at. I went on to make many modifications and various test scenarios but this post never took off so I didn't bother sharing the progress.

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Hey Bob Z,

Very interesting replication of the Bedini patent and your modern update has a lot of relevance from a tuning and control standpoint. Excellent job explaining the details!

Somehow I missed this last year - probably did a quick read on the first shot and figured it was over my head (which it was at the time). The read this morning opened up my eyes on the circuit. Your progressive explanation is excellent as a guide for replication. The intriguing aspect here is the radiant draw and simultaneous charge idea.

Intention here is to replicate this patent in your footsteps over the course of the next several months. Summer activities and work intrude on available play time here.

Big Thanks for another interesting direction and experiment,
    Yaro

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    Greetings,
    This is version two of this design. The first one was meant to be a prototype and as faithful to the FIG 1 diagram as possible. This new model is expanding on what was learned.

This model has two separate coils of 14AWG @ 40ft. The tops are connected parallel to the primary POS and the bottoms go to separate Diode/FET configurations. Each bottom connects to its own anode/drain. Then on the back end the cathodes are bussed together and connect to the charge POS. (See picture). In a way the whole thing is parallel but not really because the FET’s are each handling a coil before the parallel bus.

I used some larger heat sinks on this build and mounted diodes and FETs as a pair on each. Heat is not an issue with this system unless driving it pretty hard which I have not needed to do. I did when I was first finding its proper tuning however. I still have the fan on the board and continue to hook that to the primary.

Here is a picture from top side:

Name:	FET2_2.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	46396

And this is a front view with the fan removed so you can actually see the circuit:

Name:	FET2_1.jpg
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	46397

*EDIT*
    Added a video showing a 150AH bank on the charge:
    https://files.secureserver.net/0s4XFUQYw5kqhF
    Last edited by BobZilla; 07-27-2014, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    I have a charge curve to share with the group.

This is a 9v Ni-MH battery, the small kind you use on multi meters and smoke alarms. I wanted to show that this machine when properly tuned is capable of charging everything from the large deep cells down to a tiny little 9v and does it well.

Here is the chart:

Name:	FET_9v_charge.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	46368

And another short video taken while I did this run:

https://files.secureserver.net/0sgGiU7VVaJh7E

Leave a comment:

• BobZilla
    replied
    UPDATE:

I have decided to take the fan power from the primary side, I will explain the issue I ran into.

It did work well as I described but I found as I tinkered more with the machine and put different batteries on the charge side the effect would vary. I did start seeing a draw very slight but still it was there on the primary.

For those who may want to tinker on their own I will explain in simple terms what I was doing to achieve that radiant power draw and charge at the same time. I had adjusted the resistance to the fan so that it would not spin until it saw about 15v. The spikes are coming in on pulses so what it was doing in theory anyway was being pulse driven off only the high potential spikes, in other words the off period the charge battery alone did not have enough voltage to drive the fan. In comes the spike and gives the fan a turn.

It did work but tuning is problematic. I charge many different batteries of differnt sizes so when I started charging different batteries I adjusted my timing and it was not stable anymore. Perhaps in a static setup where nothing changes you could drive things in this way, it was a good addition to experiment with but because I adjust things a lot it was not going to work how I wanted over the long haul. I have now just hooked the fan to the primary with resistance so that it does not pull to much, I estimate about 50ma.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X