X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
    Tom,
    that brings up an excellent question. I'm currently building a 7.5" rotor w/ 6 magnets, and would like to convert to scalar. would it be better to do scalar N, or scalar S?

I currently have all south out vanilla, w/ JB's off set bike wheel trick to limit transistor on time. We're using branched diodes to two battery banks, charging is nice - we're over 1 cop. It would be nice to try and maximize performance, however...
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    the north face is much stronger as VTech said.... north out my friend!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by stane View Post
      Hi Tom C

My rotor is scalar north like you sugested and I draw it in some other post baterys that you see are 200Ah 12V and one of that batterys is charging battery(13,24V) and second one is drive batery(12,18V) next thing that I will do is buy another 6 batterys and put them in paralel so that I will have 800Ah 12V charging batery and 800Ah 12V drive batery or it would be batther to have 24V 400Ah charging battery and the same drive batery bank?

hope this helps

with regards stane
      look at your charge times with what you have, stack em until your charge time gets too long.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
        the north face is much stronger as VTech said.... north out my friend!

Tom C
        Hi Tom C

( I am going to throw a spanner into your statement here, lol )

Does that hold true for both hemispheres North and South or just for North?

Has anyone checked if a Scalar South magnet is not maybe working better ( better COP, etc.) in the Southern hemisphere than a scalar north magnet?

Maybe some of the guys staying in the Southern hemisphere that does have a gaussmeter (sorry I don't have one) can test it and give us feedback.

Unless my though is all screwed up here.!

Theunis
        Hey !
        WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
        JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Prinsloo View Post
          Hi Tom C

( I am going to throw a spanner into your statement here, lol )

Does that hold true for both hemispheres North and South or just for North?

Has anyone checked if a Scalar South magnet is not maybe working better ( better COP, etc.) in the Southern hemisphere than a scalar north magnet?

Maybe some of the guys staying in the Southern hemisphere that does have a gaussmeter (sorry I don't have one) can test it and give us feedback.

Unless my though is all screwed up here.!

Theunis
          a magnet is a quantum pump and has its own poles. with that being said John K who is in australia runs all his north out. Howard Johnsons work showed the north is in general stronger than the south. you can make a magnet interact with the coil strongly or weakly depending upon its spacing, the problem most people have is too weak (cheap ceramics from the dollar store) or too strong (neo's) or not the correct width apart (weak scalar south) if you get your rotor correct it work amazingly well.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            a magnet is a quantum pump and has its own poles. with that being said John K who is in australia runs all his north out. Howard Johnsons work showed the north is in general stronger than the south. you can make a magnet interact with the coil strongly or weakly depending upon its spacing, the problem most people have is too weak (cheap ceramics from the dollar store) or too strong (neo's) or not the correct width apart (weak scalar south) if you get your rotor correct it work amazingly well.

Tom C
            I also enjoy Ed's book on this subject:

http://tinyurl.com/c6yjqup

Ed L. has some nice experiments you can do along these lines and also talks about the earths magnetic currents.

Tom, Aaron says all south out ssg = better charging. My experiments seem to concur. This is why I asked about "super-south" - the scalar must be different because of the "little magnets" running in different patterns.

My little 7 1/2" wheel 4 transisters w/ a vanilla spool full of copper is a screaming charger. I think before I convert it to "super", I'm going to put the Bedini/Cole switch on it. I've been re-watching some of Les's vids.
            -KR
            Patrick
            Last edited by min2oly; 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM. Reason: changed scalar to super

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey
              Hello Patrick I don't know where to post this yet.

I can't find the SS SSG postings.

Here is my progress with the circuits. I charge four 3ah batteries separately. I don't know how to do the trigger any other way and get it to work, so I hooked it up like the joule thief I made one time. Here are the goods.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1721[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1723[/ATTACH]

Mike
              looks like a drawing of my CPD mod from iaec drawn in blackchisel97 style. from your pics i see you have the 20k and 10k resistors on the first transistor. you can remove those, they are not needed w/ this mod. They just draw juice.

looks good, how's the charging?
              was it easy getting it to pulse?
              -KR
              Patrick

Comment

Hello Patrick I don't know where to post this yet.

I can't find the SS SSG postings.

Here is my progress with the circuits. I charge four 3ah batteries separately. I don't know how to do the trigger any other way and get it to work, so I hooked it up like the joule thief I made one time. Here are the goods.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1721[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1723[/ATTACH]

Mike
                Mike,

did you match the voltage drop on those 4007's ? you may see ony of those get hotter than the others, it can also affect charging.
                Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                  I also enjoy Ed's book on this subject:

http://tinyurl.com/c6yjqup

Ed L. has some nice experiments you can do along these lines and also talks about the earths magnetic currents.

Tom, Aaron says all south out ssg = better charging. My experiments seem to concur. This is why I asked about "super-south" - the scalar must be different because of the "little magnets" running in different patterns.

My little 7 1/2" wheel 4 transisters w/ a vanilla spool full of copper is a screaming charger. I think before I convert it to "super", I'm going to put the Bedini/Cole switch on it. I've been re-watching some of Les's vids.
                  -KR
                  Patrick
                  i would like to see it done both ways... but over on the old monopole groups, (bm3) some built it south and it would run but it ran much better on the north every time. i have not seen a test over a period of time where it was run one way then the other. I think Aarons may be neo mags also which would be the weaker face, the south.

Tom C

Comment

Thanks Pat I will take those 2 resistors off. I worked fine without the resistors and so I would put them on to see if anything changed. I did not see a thing, however I thought maybe under various batteries charging at other voltages it might be a safeguard but I think the cap keep a good steady pulse going all of the time.

Yes it oscillates great and yes I am following your mod's. I try not to miss much

Like I said without having watched your video's I would still be in the dark. Your simple step by step instruction is what got me off the couch. See before that all I had was bits and pieces. I had a lot of pieces I could not put to use until later.

The charging is when I take four batteries that are 4ah or 5ah that really are only 3-4ah maybe and they all go up together about 1 point per second for 15 seconds and then settle out to about 1 point climb each one every 30seconds or one point every minute.

I have been using twice as many joules as I put in it looks like to me through endless calc's

The first charge and discharge is warm up and I always throw these figures out of the data pile.

After that the discharge and charges are always the same amount in and the same amount out.

Mike
                    Thanks Mike,
                    it's posts like yours that remind me why I keep sharing. There are evil people out there in the world that will steel and capitalize on the hard work of others, however, I truly believe there are more of us who fight for good and will overwhelm the planet in the end - We need to turn this earth around!
                    Sincerely,
                    Patrick

Comment

Yes Tom I did Match Them

I don't think I would have unless I saw Pat do it on video. See how important those seemingly small video's can be?

As far as heat goes, I am running 4 power wires 140 foot long of 22awg keeping the mili-amps down to aprox 100-200 per channel max. I never go over 850.

With 3 one amp diodes in parallel per 150 mils/channel I don't see how heat can to be achieved here. Maybe your are running amps? Amps would give alot of heat I suppose.

Well anyway not sure how heat could even get there, please explain further. Is that an anomaly you ran into?

Mike,

very early days of my experiments, I saw a video of JB's where he had the diodes twisted in 3 like yours. I tried it off a big SG coil running over an amp. 1 doide got hot the others didn't.... they werent matched and the voltage drop of the diode that was hot was much lower. it was a used diode so I think the junction may have been a bit challenged

every time I turn around I am running into the 5% component rule, 2 resistors from the same strip can be off by 2 or 3 ohms sometimes.... the nice thing is that most of our components are fairly inexpensive except for fets or mjl's it fairly cheap to get a bunch and sort them.

Tom C

Comment

Thank you Tom C

I have other questions 4 U, but first let me say that it is great to find experienced individuals who know what each of us are facing in tuning these machines.

The MJL's I got in the mail were beta matched for gain with two old semiconductor testers one B&K Precision 530 and the second one a B&K 162.

My questions are

#1 How can I see on the scope say all four channels working together?
                        #2 Doesn't the circuit change under load after running them awhile.
                        #3 How can I know if changes occur other than a digital meter bouncing all over?
                        #4 What is the round about range of figures for an MJL21194?

My questions will be limited at this time.

Yes I buy 500 diodes at a time and the picture with the 3 watt base resistors with two colors were perfectly matched.
                        The board was scabbed off of an old circuit but all of the parts were carefully selected as per Patrick's vid's.

All of the MJL21194's I purchased were MOT company and their beta values were within a fraction of one point.

I am trying to afford more MJL parts.

My first 2 four channels boards were misc and the next two were not. I used 2n3055 parts on the last board and those beta numbers were all over the place so I got more.

The MJL parts seemed to be right on for me

Thanks and please let me know what to do on tuning here is one picture I go by
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1729[/ATTACH]
                        1- a 4 channel scope
                        2- a little as the impedance of the battery changes while charging and the circuit warming up
                        3- only with a scope can you tell what the circuit is doing
                        4- are you talking about beta? depends on the batch.... and the tester, and the temp and the meter..... it depends upon what current is being fed to the base... some testers dont open the base up fully especially the beta test function on your multimeter, its lousy for testing big mjl's

Tom C

Comment

Wow Mike, nice gear!

John K.

Comment

Okay I have an HP54100d $20,000 4 channel 1mhz scope yes

Well testers have various base fed current levels here is my stuff
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1732[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1735[/ATTACH]

yes the base current warms up the part you can feel it warming.

No this stuff is not poor cheapO stuff. I don't want to melt my scope so I have waited not knowing where to start. So I use my 1940 scope with the round screen. It looks like something off of a submarine in WW2.

Kind of wondering how to tune without destroying components.
                            as long as you have the 10x probes you should be fine... but in truth its about frequency.... there is a certain frequency your battery likes to charge at, EVERY battery is different, its like the sweet spot on a rotored SG there is a spot where charging is better.

Tom C

Comment

wow mike amazing kit!! I will wrestle you for that 530!! I meant to say 10x 100x probes on the last post.

Tom C

Comment

Yes thanks John K

I looked long and hard for these replacement testers. I like the old stuff. I like that curve tracer on ebay for $20, it's a kit only a naked circuit that you have to put in a box and hook to the X & Y axis ports of a scope.
                                Power Transistor Curve Tracer Adapter XY Oscilloscopes | eBay

Hey Tom C
                                BK Precision 530 Semiconductor Tester Electrical Test Equipment | eBay

I actualy have the circuit board I ordered it assembled, it does not function..... some components were overheated when it was assembled I think.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                                X