Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forelle View Post
    Hi to all,
    here is my setup in superpol-configuration.
    Coil is 8 filiar 18 AWG 1.2 ohm each strand,18mm core
    7 MJL21194,7 1N5401,7 1N4007,7 470 ohm base,potentiometer adjusted to about 20 ohm,
    155 Rpm@0.5 amp attraction mode,
    My problem is that my h-wave is not correct and i dont know where the mistake is,i am not very familiar with electronics,but on the scope you can see that when the transistor switches on it goes to the wrong direction,it looks like AC.
    I hope somebody knows why this is.
    Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]1309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1310[/ATTACH]
    There is a voltage spike where the Transistor switches of,of 50 volts(hardly to see)
    I forgot to mention,the rimm is 56 cm and has 16 magnets scalar north,the magnetsize is 60mm x 20 x 13.7 they are Y35 magnetized thats C8/C(nearly),the gap is 8mm,if i put them closer than the transistor switches twice.

Comment

Hi to all,
      here is my setup in superpol-configuration.
      Coil is 8 filiar 18 AWG 1.2 ohm each strand,18mm core
      7 MJL21194,7 1N5401,7 1N4007,7 470 ohm base,potentiometer adjusted to about 20 ohm,
      155 Rpm@0.5 amp attraction mode,
      My problem is that my h-wave is not correct and i dont know where the mistake is,i am not very familiar with electronics,but on the scope you can see that when the transistor switches on it goes to the wrong direction,it looks like AC.
      I hope somebody knows why this is.
      Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]1309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1310[/ATTACH]
      There is a voltage spike where the Transistor switches of,of 50 volts(hardly to see)
      do you have insulators between your transistors and the heatsink? where is your probe attached? collector ouput after the diode and charge batt negative is where it should be.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I forgot to mention,the rimm is 56 cm and has 16 magnets scalar north,the magnetsize is 60mm x 20 x 13.7 they are Y35 magnetized thats C8/C(nearly),the gap is 8mm,if i put them closer than the transistor switches twice.
        forelle,

Nice build. Can you post a scope shot with at least 2 or 3 pulses on it?

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          do you have insulators between your transistors and the heatsink? where is your probe attached? collector ouput after the diode and charge batt negative is where it should be.

Tom C
          Hi Tom,
          I have insulators between transistors and heatsink(mica+the white mass),my probe was atached on C directly on the transistor and on E.
          When i attached it after the diode and on -CH i get only straight very small spikes you cant see them on a photo.
          I try to make a good picture.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi Tom,
            I have insulators between transistors and heatsink(mica+the white mass),my probe was atached on C directly on the transistor and on E.
            When i attached it after the diode and on -CH i get only straight very small spikes you cant see them on a photo.
            Thanks
            Here are 2 pictures but the quality is not good i did my best,but there must be something wrong.When i hook up a cap on the charging side it charges up to 510 volt in 2 sec.I have measured the diodes and they look good.I have new batteries wich means not conditioned.Maybe i dont know how to adjust the scope right.I have tried with a coil with only 2 wires but the wave looks the same.Click image for larger version

Name:	C after diode and CH-.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	45164Click image for larger version

Name:	C+E direct on tran.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	45165
            Thanks

Comment

Hi Tom,
              Thanks
              Hi forelle,
              Just looking at this I would say you have your diodes reversed on the base. that's a guess it's pretty hard to tell for sure. the other possibility is the collector and emitter could be reversed. I did a quick search on the 1n5401 and Jameco had it listed under the Zener section. The data sheet did not show anything like a zener. Is there some reason your not using a 1n4001?

Just some ideas, Hope it helps
              Les

Comment

• Hi onesmore,
                Maybe it has something to do because my circuit is not on a board,i have soldered it so short icould make it.Here is a picture,maybe somebody can see something what i have made wrong.
                ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	superpol.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	45166

Comment

• Originally posted by LesK View Post
                  Hi forelle,
                  Just looking at this I would say you have your diodes reversed on the base. that's a guess it's pretty hard to tell for sure. the other possibility is the collector and emitter could be reversed. I did a quick search on the 1n5401 and Jameco had it listed under the Zener section. The data sheet did not show anything like a zener. Is there some reason your not using a 1n4001?

Just some ideas, Hope it helps
                  Les
                  Hi Les,
                  I have made the circuit like all other,if have wrote wrong i have 1N5408 on chargingside and 1N4002 between E and B.
                  Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

Hi Les,
                    I have made the circuit like all other,if have wrote wrong i have 1N5408 on chargingside and 1N4002 between E and B.
                    Thanks for your suggestions.
                    Sounds like all is well. Just might check the polarity of the diode on the base. Which way is the banding facing?

Les

Comment

Sounds like all is well. Just might check the polarity of the diode on the base. Which way is the banding facing?

Les
                      Hi Les,the banding is to base.

Comment

• Here is a drawing,maybe somebody can describe it.The problem is where the transistor switches on,where 12.5v stands,this should go up in the other direction.This wave form is from C and E direct on the transistor.
                        ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	superpol 009.jpg
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	45167

Comment

• Hi onesmore,
                          here are more pictures.Click image for larger version

Name:	C after diode and CH-.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	45168Click image for larger version

Name:	B and CH-.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	45169

Comment

Hi Les,the banding is to base.
                            Well, you got me on that one...
                            The only other thing is when you turn on the machine and it is not spinning, is there any current flow?
                            If there is, then it is a burnt transistor. There should be no current when it is not spinning.

Les

Comment

Well, you got me on that one...
                              The only other thing is when you turn on the machine and it is not spinning, is there any current flow?
                              If there is, then it is a burnt transistor. There should be no current when it is not spinning.

Les
                              There is no currentflow,i am not sure but the first picture above,C after diode and CH-,could be what im looking for,i hope John K.or Tom C. say the same.

Comment

There is no currentflow,i am not sure but the first picture above,C after diode and CH-,could be what im looking for,i hope John K.or Tom C. say the same.
                                Looking at your hand drawing I see the h wave etc. fine but your scope shot is different. Until they can get here and help you out better, I googled "Bedini H wave" and found this page. Darcy Klyne's Bedini Monopole Motor Replication
                                If you look at the blue wave shape you will see what your looking for. Hope this will be more clear for you....

Les

Comment

Working...
                                X