BobZilla's Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings,

This run is on two garden batteries in parallel for 12v. The primary is two Walmart deep cells in series. I was pulling about 2A from the primary.

The wheel is changed out for the original SuperPole and we are running in mode 1. All four coils are connected so we have 16 transistors firing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garden24vP_Charge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	46992

Name:	Garden24vP_Primary.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	46993

And here is a video of it in progress:
    http://1drv.ms/1GYf7kR

Comment

• Looks like a solid run. Just watched the video. What is the capacity of your deep cells vs the garden batteries? What did the voltage of the primary end up resting at?

Comment

• Hey Branch,

It's hard to say exactly what either of them are rated at AH wise. The Walmart ones have a goofy sticker that says 109AH @ 1A.

I think Tom has a formula to figure out CCA to AH but I don't remember. If I had too guess I would say the deep cells are about 60AH at 2A and the gardens are about 16AH @ 900ma for C20 rates.

The primary crept up a little more but not much,, probably 25.6v or so. I did not let it settle much longer because I wanted to start another run.

Here are some pictures of the batteries labels:

Name:	DeepCellLabel.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	46995

Name:	GardenLabel.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	46996

Comment

• Time to expand this machine and see it too it's full potential.

I soldered up 4 new boards today. Next I will be working on the coils and then we will see how it runs fully loaded.

By the way Tom if your reading, I love these boards! I was on the fence about just building some out the way I had been doing on my own when I decided to build this machine BUT I am really glad I went with these from TeslagenX.

They are easy to assemble the first go around and easy to take off and replace transistors when necessary (which I have done many times).

Anyway here are some pics of the boards:

Name:	Board1.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	47047

Name:	Board2.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	47048

More updates to come soon.

Comment

• Bob, the U1-7 looks like the same as JB has. From memory he rated them at 13 Ah.

John K.

Comment

• Thanks John. What draw rate would you estimate is right for c20 on a typical garden battery? I'm guessing about 800ma?

I have a CBA so I will do a run down test but I am curious where others consider to be a c20 rate.

Comment

• Hi Bob, For that U1-7 I'd got for about 650mA.

John K.

Comment

• UPDATE:

The machine is now running on all 8 coils. I am posting a video of it spinning up on some already charged batteries. Later on I will get into some full runs if anyone is interested but this just shows the machine spinning up, shifting and topping up on these batteries.

Enjoy:
                  http://1drv.ms/1FQS20B

Comment

• What is that monitor you are using? Is that a tablet?

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
                    UPDATE:

The machine is now running on all 8 coils. I am posting a video of it spinning up on some already charged batteries. Later on I will get into some full runs if anyone is interested but this just shows the machine spinning up, shifting and topping up on these batteries.

Enjoy:
                    http://1drv.ms/1FQS20B

Comment

• Lol , not interested in the machine, just the fancy monitor ehh......

Just messing with you. Yea it's a droid tablet which has an open VNC connection to a desktop on the floor. I got a cheap refurbished dell for about 100 bucks and just remote to that. This way I can take the tablet with me into the other rooms and still see what's happening on the charge station, slick huh :-)

Comment

• Hey Bob, beautiful machine. Big thumbs up

To me it looked like the best efficiency might be 24v primary and 2 x 12v in parallel secondary? I noticed the amp draw when you had 24v secondary was around 5A, whereas when you had those batteries in parallel for 12v the draw was only 4A.

Thanks for sharing...

John K.

Comment

• Thanks John!

This thing has been a lot of work to get it to this point. I have about half a coffee can full of blown transistors. They are probably not all blown but I just got into a habit of replacing all four on a board when there was a problem. I will have to go through and test them to see if I have any keepers in the bunch. For all of the up and downs it has been worth it too see it through. In my view this machine is like a little brother to the amazing machine Mr. Bedini showed in the vacuum videos.

So about your observation with the series vs parallel charge. I'n not sure yet which is more efficient. I have not had all the coils working long enough to really have a feel for the best tuning. I can say that the 4A 24 volt draw was not quite at the top end of where I could take it but it seems to be plenty good enough. It is in one spike per pass at that point but if I go further I can get into a bit stronger charging and then the wheel will start dragging itself. I don't want to push it too hard because I am also aware that there is a lot of induction into that trigger when running like that. That is why I increased my intermediate resistance a little.

I plan to do some runs for the group to compare a series vs parallel charge side. What I can do is put three of those garden batteries on the back, first in parallel and then in series to observe the difference. I probably will not have time to babysit runs like that until the weekend though. Right now I am testing out in gen mode on 12v and it is doing very well at about 2A draw.

Comment

• I'm back with a new run. This one is not a perfect run by any means. Towards the end of the run the machine jumped back from one spike to two and it shot the chart up and pulled hard on the primary. I decided to go ahead and post anyway as these kind of things happen and it may be helpful for beginners to see it and understand what is happening.

*EDIT*
                            (I planned to do the two runs but I am going to cancel that plan for now. I want to make some adjustments on the machine and that would not be a fair comparison)

This run was the first of two as I described in the last post. We have two garden batteries in parallel on the back and my two 100AH in series on the front. In hind sight I needed to let this one go maybe 15 min longer because they rested down to like 12.8 and I know they usually will rest around 13. The double spike incident threw me off and I thought they were done. Maybe we will do this one again for a cleaner go at it but for what it's worth here are the charts and a video.

Name:	GardenchargeP.JPG
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	47056

Name:	GardenPrimaryP.JPG
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	47057

http://1drv.ms/1JzufF7

Note:
                            I have noticed these vids do not stream in firefox, but with IE you can stream instead of DL.
                            Last edited by BobZilla; 06-08-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• I have a little video here to share with the group.

This is showing some of the effect from both an advance and a retard in the timing of the trigger. The machine is setup the same as the last video, meaning the slaves are in far closer to the wheel than the primary coil. All coils have a timing offset and depending on the rotation direction it applies an advance or a retard on the firing.

http://1drv.ms/1JGFMnu

Comment

• you may have stumbled upon a "secret" if this pans out and is consistent that retarding? the master coil actually increases charging this may be a sign of the bloch wall being open longer in the center of the coil, allowing more radiant into the system. if ALL Things being the same, like primary current into the machine, then it is a good validation of a theory.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X