Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a cap dump as goo d as straight radiant for desulfating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a cap dump as goo d as straight radiant for desulfating?

Is a cap dump as goo d as straight radiant for desulfating "bad" batteries?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if using a cap pulsing circuit will desulfate a battery like straight radiant does from an SSG.

Thanks!
    Chris

Chris, if you get it right a cap pulser is better.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,
      What does " get it right" exactly mean? and can that equate a working instruction leading to an improved construction. But that's beside the point.

I am a bit confused...Peter L has repeatedly explained that a spike coming from a coil is better suited then a capacitor discharge to break sulfation in a battery. Are we saying now that a cap pulser is better?

I get the part that knowledge come from experiencing it first hand, but still can't figure out the necessity of contradicting claims.

Please take the time to read Peter Lindemann post at the bottom of the page: Battery Secrets by Peter Lindemann

AA
      Last edited by Nofear; 04-21-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hi AA,

I'm not trying to be contradictory, just reporting what I have found from my experiments.

I've not read anywhere where Peter explains that the spike coming from the coil is better than a capacitive discharge. Maybe he has but I have not read that - perhaps you could reference where you saw it.

However, I have read Bedini SG - The Complete Intermediate Handbook where Peter explains the advantages of the capacitive discharge in great detail. I'm not getting paid to promote this e-book, just pointing out that the description in the book is better than I could describe it in a post.

If you want to know how to "get it right" I recommend purchasing a copy and experimenting with the circuits that are contained within it. In answer to your question, it means creating the correct conditions in order for the battery to be rejuvenated and/or charged that will significantly prolong the life of that battery.

John K.

Comment

Hi John,
          Thanks for taking the time to answer this post. I am not pointing any one specifically for being contradictory. For the sake of this discussion and out of respect for Chris I'll stay in topic.

As I have indicated in my previous post. I've already added a link called "Battery secrets by Peter L" Just click on it. It will take you to a post where Peter comments on the difference between "inductive" and "capacitive" charging.
          Please read it and report back. May be I am seeing something that is not there.
          AA

Comment

Hey AA,

I read the Battery Secrets post you linked and Peter does say that straight radiant from what he has seen does work a little better for restoring lost capacity in a battery compared to a cap dump. It's not very definitive but he should certainly know better than myself at this point.

Thanks for posting that, it helps a lot.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X