Announcement

Collapse

2020 Energy Science & Technology Conference

Pre-Register for FREE for the 2020 Energy Science & Technology Conference.

Registration Form: http://energyscienceconference.com/r...ation/2020.php
Schedule: http://energyscienceconference.com/2...ence-schedule/
Presenter Bio/Talk Descriptions: http://energyscienceconference.com/2020-speakers/
See more
See less

The Ultimate Cap Dump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Patrick,

    I've been experimenting with your cap pulser here and also contemplating.... Is this method, using an SS SSG basically for the trigger of the pulser, really simpler than using the comparator circuit? I've tried both and a couple variations of the comparator. I tried using mosfets in the circuit like JB had originally, and I also replaced the opticoupler, BD234 transistor, and both mosfets with one SSR. The SSR is isolated internally so I didn't see the need for another opticoupler and transistor. Anyways, this setup seems to work fine as well.

    The only advantage I can think of of your setup over the comparator is that the comparator isn't as adjustable for different sized charge batteries. It does have a POT, but I can't go too high with charge voltage without having to change our a zener diode. Since I mostly charge 12 Volts, it is moot but just looking for your opinion.

    Thanks!
    Chris

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
      Hi Patrick,

      I've been experimenting with your cap pulser here and also contemplating.... Is this method, using an SS SSG basically for the trigger of the pulser, really simpler than using the comparator circuit? I've tried both and a couple variations of the comparator. I tried using mosfets in the circuit like JB had originally, and I also replaced the opticoupler, BD234 transistor, and both mosfets with one SSR. The SSR is isolated internally so I didn't see the need for another opticoupler and transistor. Anyways, this setup seems to work fine as well.

      The only advantage I can think of of your setup over the comparator is that the comparator isn't as adjustable for different sized charge batteries. It does have a POT, but I can't go too high with charge voltage without having to change our a zener diode. Since I mostly charge 12 Volts, it is moot but just looking for your opinion.

      Thanks!
      Chris
      Hi Chris,
      I should preface this by saying John Bedini would be the best person to shed light on his comparator. Without him being here I can only speculate on what I have read him say and what I know from my experiments. In addition for anyone who has not read the opening of this thread. I started by saying that Iím on the HUNT for the ultimate cap dump and my hope was greater minds would lend their expertise here.

      So far thatís you Chris! :-) You are on the cutting edge and have every right to post in this advanced thread.

      I donít think my comparator has any advantage over JBís - never said that. Had he not used this SSR on his 13í Ferris Wheel, I would never have headed down this path.

      One thing to note is the power draw on mine is microwatts and good for small setups, however will still work with larger energizers. I hope this helps. Feel free to post more, would love to see your comparator in actionÖ
      -KR
      Patrick

      Comment


      • Patrick you have thoroughly confused me and I mean that in the best possible sense. I have a number of questions but I will try and set most up as yes/no to save you time.

        Are you running the "Leedskalnin shorting" thing at the same time as collecting the inductive/radiant with an SSG type circuit? Are the two affecting each other much?

        My understanding of the inductive spike is it is the result of the rapid change in magnetic flux near the coiled wire caused by the abrupt shutoff of the electromagnet. I may be getting excited over nothing here as I am not really sure what you are doing, but are you saying you can also just go back and scoop up nearly all the energy you put into establishing the electromagnet and do this separate from grabbing the inductive spike? What is the timing circuit for this, or, is the timing circuit difficult?

        Alright bear with me for a few more, I don't have a formal background here, but these do get back to the theme of the thread. Are you using the breakdown voltage between C and E or something else for the transistor cap dump? Does it ruin the transistor to run it this way?

        Alright, I'm still playing a game of how fast can I make a CD spin off a nine volt batter with a hall effect sensor set up. Next up is trying to bring the other pole of the electromagnet to bear. What I can say so far is that I think there is tremendous inefficiency here in that depending on the coil and magnet set-up you can often get as good results with an air core. At some point, though not real soon, I want to go back again and look at the permanent magnet approaches and try and make better use of the electromagnet, sort of a hybrid magnetic gate/pulse type approach. For now I'm just doing it more conventionally and looking at magnet spacing and strength, then try a bit bigger rotor and look at angular velocity. One last area I've gotten off into which may lead nowhere but I am curious, is quantifying how much power you get from an iron core generator coil versus an air core. It will be a good bit less, but you will have no, or next to no drag. Pulse motors seem to handle increases in weight pretty well, i.e they just take much longer to spin up, so you might even think of a second attached rotor say six inches higher having more magnets whizzing past air cores. Won't work if we are talking about a couple orders of magnitude less with air cores but like I said I'm curious.

        Lastly, there may be even yet another way to get electricity out of these spinning magnets. I mentioned this once a while back, but you might be able to do something with it and possibly do something with it sooner than me. Depending on how far your magnets extend in towards the center of the rotor, and their spacing, and rotor speed, you just might get some Faraday Disk action going on. If so, I imagine people on this forum would have plenty of uses for a low voltage/high current electricity source.

        Apologize if I read too much into your last video, will try and look at your earlier videos to get up to speed, oh and any further references on this Leedskalnin shorting thing would of course be greatly appreciated.

        Paul
        Last edited by ZPDM; 04-30-2013, 12:51 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
          Patrick you have thoroughly confused me and I mean that in the best possible sense. I have a number of questions but I will try and set most up as yes/no to save you time.

          Are you running the "Leedskalnin shorting" thing at the same time as collecting the inductive/radiant with an SSG type circuit? Are the two affecting each other much?

          My understanding of the inductive spike is it is the result of the rapid change in magnetic flux near the coiled wire caused by the abrupt shutoff of the electromagnet. I may be getting excited over nothing here as I am not really sure what you are doing, but are you saying you can also just go back and scoop up nearly all the energy you put into establishing the electromagnet and do this separate from grabbing the inductive spike? What is the timing circuit for this, or, is the timing circuit difficult?

          Alright bear with me for a few more, I don't have a formal background here, but these do get back to the theme of the thread. Are you using the breakdown voltage between C and E or something else for the transistor cap dump? Does it ruin the transistor to run it this way?

          Alright, I'm still playing a game of how fast can I make a CD spin off a nine volt batter with a hall effect sensor set up. Next up is trying to bring the other pole of the electromagnet to bear. What I can say so far is that I think there is tremendous inefficiency here in that depending on the coil and magnet set-up you can often get as good results with an air core. At some point, though not real soon, I want to go back again and look at the permanent magnet approaches and try and make better use of the electromagnet, sort of a hybrid magnetic gate/pulse type approach. For now I'm just doing it more conventionally and looking at magnet spacing and strength, then try a bit bigger rotor and look at angular velocity. One last area I've gotten off into which may lead nowhere but I am curious, is quantifying how much power you get from an iron core generator coil versus an air core. It will be a good bit less, but you will have no, or next to no drag. Pulse motors seem to handle increases in weight pretty well, i.e they just take much longer to spin up, so you might even think of a second attached rotor say six inches higher having more magnets whizzing past air cores. Won't work if we are talking about a couple orders of magnitude less with air cores but like I said I'm curious.

          Lastly, there may be even yet another way to get electricity out of these spinning magnets. I mentioned this once a while back, but you might be able to do something with it and possibly do something with it sooner than me. Depending on how far your magnets extend in towards the center of the rotor, and their spacing, and rotor speed, you just might get some Faraday Disk action going on. If so, I imagine people on this forum would have plenty of uses for a low voltage/high current electricity source.

          Apologize if I read too much into your last video, will try and look at your earlier videos to get up to speed, oh and any further references on this Leedskalnin shorting thing would of course be greatly appreciated.

          Paul
          Hi Paul,
          them's alot of words let me give it a go...

          I'm pretty sure I've never seen or heard of anyone "shorting" Ed's coils the way I'm doing it here. Here is another vid series on timing etc...

          there are a few more around that time, you should be able to get a handle on it w/ these.
          The beauty of using Ed's PMH is the lower RPM low lenz vs high output.

          I'm interested in how you would get a Faraday Disk to produce low voltage/high current electricity? is there significant lenz in your method?

          I never posted in the videos, but for you..., if you also use the right size cap in place of the primary battery, this will boost the output of Bolt's amplified coil short.
          -KR
          Patrick

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroMikey
            Hi Totoalas
            I am looking for your youtube but didn't find it yet.
            I guess you will show a project.
            I will keep looking til I hear back or find it.
            Mike
            Sorry for the late reply
            20 Watts Solar Bedini Tesla Motor 240413
            yt
            cheers

            totoalas

            Comment


            • Originally posted by min2oly View Post
              Hi Paul,
              them's alot of words let me give it a go...

              I'm pretty sure I've never seen or heard of anyone "shorting" Ed's coils the way I'm doing it here. Here is another vid series on timing etc...

              there are a few more around that time, you should be able to get a handle on it w/ these.
              The beauty of using Ed's PMH is the lower RPM low lenz vs high output.

              I'm interested in how you would get a Faraday Disk to produce low voltage/high current electricity? is there significant lenz in your method?

              I never posted in the videos, but for you..., if you also use the right size cap in place of the primary battery, this will boost the output of Bolt's amplified coil short.
              -KR
              Patrick
              Hi Patrick,

              Yes, I like words. I will certainly review your videos and see if I can figure out what you mean about a shorted electromagnet that still functions, or if you are just pulling our leg (I bet you are! eh? eh?) You know you really didn't give me any yes or no's, I'm disappointed, however, it may be that I can say something about conventional electronics to someone who might have more experience there so I'll talk at you on the Faraday disk. The Faraday disk or homopolar generator also illustrates Faraday's paradox.

              Faraday took a disk magnet attached a copper plate to it spun them both, then put a wire in the center of the copper disk and a wire at the periphery and got an electric current. You can stay awake at night on that one. There is no magnetic flux between the copper and the magnets yet there is electricity generated. To this day I don't believe there is a good explanation. Faraday said, maybe the spinning magnets are creating a static field through which the copper plate experiences magnetic flux. Who am I to question Faraday? The outside of the magnet is spinning faster than the interior so there is a difference there but how would the center of the circle know what the outside is doing? Bruce DePalma spoke of inertial frames of reference, who am I to question DePalma?

              The electricity generated is high current, low voltage. In fact they used to use this set-up to generate enormous amperage. Tesla has a patent for a raising the voltage from Faraday discs, and I believe if I didn't dream it a discussion about how segmented "Faraday discs" might work.

              You are right and hit the nail on the head, what about Lenz? DePalma, with his oh jezz N-machine I think (there are N-machines G-machines, SSGs etc. can't keep it all straight) did not have Lenz losses, he discussed the topic and magnetic flux paths but I didn't understand. I don't know what the Lenz losses are with a Faraday disk but you just have to put a brush contact in the center and one at the periphery to start to find out. I'll close just saying I spun a disk magnet on a high speed rotary tool and got electricity from the center and periphery, that is my current state of the art.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
                Hi Patrick,

                Yes, I like words. I will certainly review your videos and see if I can figure out what you mean about a shorted electromagnet that still functions, or if you are just pulling our leg (I bet you are! eh? eh?) You know you really didn't give me any yes or no's, I'm disappointed, however, it may be that I can say something about conventional electronics to someone who might have more experience there so I'll talk at you on the Faraday disk. The Faraday disk or homopolar generator also illustrates Faraday's paradox.

                Faraday took a disk magnet attached a copper plate to it spun them both, then put a wire in the center of the copper disk and a wire at the periphery and got an electric current. You can stay awake at night on that one. There is no magnetic flux between the copper and the magnets yet there is electricity generated. To this day I don't believe there is a good explanation. Faraday said, maybe the spinning magnets are creating a static field through which the copper plate experiences magnetic flux. Who am I to question Faraday? The outside of the magnet is spinning faster than the interior so there is a difference there but how would the center of the circle know what the outside is doing? Bruce DePalma spoke of inertial frames of reference, who am I to question DePalma?

                The electricity generated is high current, low voltage. In fact they used to use this set-up to generate enormous amperage. Tesla has a patent for a raising the voltage from Faraday discs, and I believe if I didn't dream it a discussion about how segmented "Faraday discs" might work.

                You are right and hit the nail on the head, what about Lenz? DePalma, with his oh jezz N-machine I think (there are N-machines G-machines, SSGs etc. can't keep it all straight) did not have Lenz losses, he discussed the topic and magnetic flux paths but I didn't understand. I don't know what the Lenz losses are with a Faraday disk but you just have to put a brush contact in the center and one at the periphery to start to find out. I'll close just saying I spun a disk magnet on a high speed rotary tool and got electricity from the center and periphery, that is my current state of the art.
                Homopolar generator

                Dynamo Electric Machine

                Forbes dynamo

                pulsed power storage

                railguns to linear motors

                Comment


                • Many thanks min2oly,

                  Give me time to go over your video logged work. I'll probably annoy you again.

                  ZP

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
                    Many thanks min2oly,

                    Give me time to go over your video logged work. I'll probably annoy you again.

                    ZP
                    Your time is your own ZPDM - annoy or annoy not.
                    I hope you find what you are looking for.
                    -KR
                    Patrick

                    Comment


                    • Just sharing and no claim whatsoever to make the story short lol
                      When a coil is shorted the rotor stopped.... Open and it speed up again to 470 .... Open circuit voltage ac is 3 volts....
                      When coil is paralleled with a ceramic cap..... the rotor speed up to 570 rpm and voltage across cap/ coil is 9 v ac
                      Im using an ssg circuit plus extra coil for shorting....... 26 awg

                      totoalas
                      ....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                        Your time is your own ZPDM - annoy or annoy not.
                        I hope you find what you are looking for.
                        -KR
                        Patrick
                        I apologize if I was snide in my last reply, just looking to keep things light hearted. Second, "I hope you find what you are looking for", I do greatly appreciate that however it is you who have posted much more than me searching in this area. What do you do if you have found what you were looking for?
                        Last edited by ZPDM; 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Totoalas,

                          That's probably directed to Patrick but thanks in any event, I will have to check that out. I am still at the level with the hall effect sensors of bigger magnets mean heavier rotor and faster rotation.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ZPDM View Post
                            Totoalas,

                            That's probably directed to Patrick but thanks in any event, I will have to check that out. I am still at the level with the hall effect sensors of bigger magnets mean heavier rotor and faster rotation.
                            Thanks ZPDM
                            my microwave 16 ring magnets from 8 microwave oven and 16 neodyne magnets from hd servers plus the wheel mags weighed in 40 kgs in my latest vids as for the rotation 1210 rpm I achieved with a DIY less sensor and less parts to deal with..... just sharing ..... TESLA PSYCHEDELIC MOTOR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED YT
                            AS FOR THE LEVEL STILL IN THE QUANDRY ?? TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MOTOR WILL NOT STOP 24/7 FOR 3 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT EXTERNAL POWER ?????

                            cheers
                            totoalas
                            Last edited by totoalas; 05-01-2013, 02:59 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                              Thanks ZPDM
                              my microwave 16 ring magnets from 8 microwave oven and 16 neodyne magnets from hd servers plus the wheel mags weighed in 40 kgs in my latest vids as for the rotation 1210 rpm I achieved with a DIY less sensor and less parts to deal with..... just sharing ..... TESLA PSYCHEDELIC MOTOR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED YT
                              AS FOR THE LEVEL STILL IN THE QUANDRY ?? TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MOTOR WILL NOT STOP 24/7 FOR 3 WEEKS NOW WITHOUT EXTERNAL POWER ?????

                              cheers
                              totoalas
                              please post some pics with the circuit we can help

                              Tom C


                              experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                                please post some pics with the circuit we can help

                                Tom C
                                Got the idea from magnetgate motor simple ssg backemf back to source

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X