No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Cap Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to but in guys,,, Aln you need to clear space in your private message box. I tried to reply to you but it was rejected until you make space....

Comment

• Sorry Bob, its good now. Ed I will work on that soon. Al

Comment

• Ok thanks Aln

Comment

• Hope this is big enough. When I printed it from "do it yourself circuits," it was a little fuzzy. So as I mentioned earlier, watch Patricks video with this in your hand, it will make sense. Aln

Click image for larger version

Name:	big pic of comparitor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	46102

Comment

• Thanks Aln and is this goodClick image for larger version

Name:	Schematic for Pats Comparitor [1].JPG
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	46103

Comment

• Ed,
              You are close. I see I made a mistake too when I was looking at it. I use a 100K pot on the top instead of 10k. For the dumping cap I would have 10,000 uf as a minimum, depending on the size of your machine. For the cap across the mega ohm pot I have a 10 uf not a 10 nf. And last Connect the ssg negative to the emitter, top left of SSR and bottom left of SSR. You have no "dot" at that junction in your schematic. Fix those, post again and I can take mine down as yours will be better Aln

Comment

• Thanks Aln is this betterClick image for larger version

Name:	Schematic for Pats Comparitor [1].JPG
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	46104

Comment

• Looks Good Ed. I think I had a 35v 220uf cap on the one where you have 100uf too, not that it matters much there. The voltage is low. Good work and good luck, look forward to your build. Aln

P.S. Don't go too cheap on the SSR or you will have to buy another after you push the cap dump to do some hard work.
                  Last edited by aln; 03-01-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Thanks I have no SSR

will you tell me what SSR you use

Comment

• Read post #264, pat uses Douglas Randall K08A. Mine is only rated for 40v at 12A on top and 3-32v on bottom to trigger switch, but it is working good so far. I had a Chinese one rated for 110v at 25A on top, 3-32v on bottom and I killed it. Remember DC/DC. I have 2 AC/DC ones that work about the same as my dead DC/DC one .

Comment

• Is this goodClick image for larger version

Name:	CLion SSR Dc to Dc.JPG
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	46107

Comment

• Looks like it will work, where is it made? ZHEJIANG looks Chinese to me. Not all Chinese is bad, I just haven't found the good stuff yet . It looks better than the one I killed. And the one I bought was only $10 on amazon. I bought the Douglas Randall on ebay used for $15. Aln

Comment

• a bit off topic but neat .but it reminds me of Edward Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion magnetic currents-
                            PMH
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T96aaWKc-I

WICO EK MAGNETO
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=UsYlBV8atFY

Comment

• Hey all,
                              it took me long enough to remember...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cool Joule MCD.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	46118

add as many Mosfets as you need so they share the load and share the trigger/led to the gate. Play with resistances/caps that work for your coil.
                              cheers,
                              Patrick

PS please let me know if you think there might be something backwards etc...
                              Last edited by min2oly; 03-05-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Nice - check it out on a CRT from about the 8 minute mark.

Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
                                a bit off topic but neat .but it reminds me of Edward Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion magnetic currents-
                                PMH
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T96aaWKc-I

WICO EK MAGNETO
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=UsYlBV8atFY

Comment

Working...
                                X