Announcement

Collapse

2020 Energy Science & Technology Conference

Pre-Register for FREE for the 2020 Energy Science & Technology Conference.

Registration Form: http://energyscienceconference.com/r...ation/2020.php
Schedule: http://energyscienceconference.com/2...ence-schedule/
Presenter Bio/Talk Descriptions: http://energyscienceconference.com/2020-speakers/
See more
See less

Increased RPM by placing Cored coil underneath Main Coil.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Increased RPM by placing Cored coil underneath Main Coil.

    Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I made an interesting observation and thought I'd share. I don't know if its been posted on here however if it has I've not seen it.

    Anyway, I was messing about adapting one of my monopole machines to various changes including needing to raise the coil because of a change in frame. I usually use CD's or DVD's or whatever comes to hand providing its not something that would draw power away from the Main coil. This time for one reason or another I decided to use a Coil Spool but one with a core already in it. The core was welding rods. I placed the core underneath the Main coil core where the cores were actually making contact.

    2 things I noticed straight away. Speed Increase without making any changes to the Resistance settings and more audible sound being carried through the core of the coils. I always tune my machines with the help of my AM radio set to LW frequency. This time the Radio wasn't on as the pulsing was emitting through the core of the coils. I managed to re-tune it with the help of the coil core. Bit freaky!

    I've since tried it on three other machines. Two of them I use the Mechanical Switch for Cap Dumping and one of those I had to immediately raise the resistance setting. All three benefit.

    I haven't tried extracting power from the coils underneath the Main coil yet. Maybe that's something I will try next or maybe someone else may be interested in trying that. I do know of the tweak where placing a small neo underneath the Coil can sometimes aid the performance of a machine.

    Anyway, hope your all well...not posted in a while.

    Oliver

  • #2
    Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I made an interesting observation and thought I'd share. I don't know if its been posted on here however if it has I've not seen it.

    Anyway, I was messing about adapting one of my monopole machines to various changes including needing to raise the coil because of a change in frame. I usually use CD's or DVD's or whatever comes to hand providing its not something that would draw power away from the Main coil. This time for one reason or another I decided to use a Coil Spool but one with a core already in it. The core was welding rods. I placed the core underneath the Main coil core where the cores were actually making contact.

    2 things I noticed straight away. Speed Increase without making any changes to the Resistance settings and more audible sound being carried through the core of the coils. I always tune my machines with the help of my AM radio set to LW frequency. This time the Radio wasn't on as the pulsing was emitting through the core of the coils. I managed to re-tune it with the help of the coil core. Bit freaky!

    I've since tried it on three other machines. Two of them I use the Mechanical Switch for Cap Dumping and one of those I had to immediately raise the resistance setting. All three benefit.

    I haven't tried extracting power from the coils underneath the Main coil yet. Maybe that's something I will try next or maybe someone else may be interested in trying that. I do know of the tweak where placing a small neo underneath the Coil can sometimes aid the performance of a machine.

    Anyway, hope your all well...not posted in a while.

    Oliver
    Hi Oliver,
    many people have added coils the the end of the main coil by extending the core, and even shorted said coil in a timed location and added magnets to the "backside" of said core, however I have not heard of anyone adding a coil as you describe and getting the results you describe.
    Can you tell us more? Is there anything else you notice besides the wheel speeding up? does charging increase with no added draw to the primary? I'm assuming your added core is not shorted out in any way or is it? any chance of a video?
    Thanks - Patrick

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Oliver View Post
      Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I made an interesting observation and thought I'd share. I don't know if its been posted on here however if it has I've not seen it.

      Anyway, I was messing about adapting one of my monopole machines to various changes including needing to raise the coil because of a change in frame. I usually use CD's or DVD's or whatever comes to hand providing its not something that would draw power away from the Main coil. This time for one reason or another I decided to use a Coil Spool but one with a core already in it. The core was welding rods. I placed the core underneath the Main coil core where the cores were actually making contact.

      2 things I noticed straight away. Speed Increase without making any changes to the Resistance settings and more audible sound being carried through the core of the coils. I always tune my machines with the help of my AM radio set to LW frequency. This time the Radio wasn't on as the pulsing was emitting through the core of the coils. I managed to re-tune it with the help of the coil core. Bit freaky!

      I've since tried it on three other machines. Two of them I use the Mechanical Switch for Cap Dumping and one of those I had to immediately raise the resistance setting. All three benefit.

      I haven't tried extracting power from the coils underneath the Main coil yet. Maybe that's something I will try next or maybe someone else may be interested in trying that. I do know of the tweak where placing a small neo underneath the Coil can sometimes aid the performance of a machine.

      Anyway, hope your all well...not posted in a while.

      Oliver
      Hi Oliver,

      In your 'stumbled experiment' you have essentially extended the length of the core in an Asymmetrical manner (extended at one end only) when you do this, the interaction between the magnetic fields of the coil and the extended core that now represents its Bloch wall is now extended external from the coil while the Field pulled inward to the coil center. the acceleration is amplified.. This effect can be further boosted by 2 other methods.... any guess..
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Hi Oliver,

        In your 'stumbled experiment' you have essentially extended the length of the core in an Asymmetrical manner (extended at one end only) when you do this, the interaction between the magnetic fields of the coil and the extended core that now represents its Bloch wall is now extended external from the coil while the Field pulled inward to the coil center. the acceleration is amplified.. This effect can be further boosted by 2 other methods.... any guess..
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        If it was this simple wouldn't all the extended cores people have done over the years accomplished the same effect? Isn't this different than JB's ferris wheel cores that are extended into the frame? I have conducted several experiments with extended cores in both directions adding coils to those extended cores and shorting them piggy backing to the ssg ckt etc... I could go on. Let's wait to hear more information from Oliver before jumping to any conclusions, but please do share your two methods rather than play game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by min2oly View Post
          If it was this simple wouldn't all the extended cores people have done over the years accomplished the same effect? Isn't this different than JB's ferris wheel cores that are extended into the frame? I have conducted several experiments with extended cores in both directions adding coils to those extended cores and shorting them piggy backing to the ssg ckt etc... I could go on. Let's wait to hear more information from Oliver before jumping to any conclusions, but please do share your two methods rather than play game.
          Hi Patrick and Faraday..

          I'll do that as you asked Patrick with the video. I'm not coil shorting though when I first saw the improvement I first thought of Doug Konzen's explanation of not needing to place coils around the wheel, like everyone does , I only initially did it as a test because I needed to elevate the coil onto something higher to attract the new rotor I was experimenting with. One of the machines was struggling to hit its sweet spot

          It might be easier for me to post it on Youtube and I'll offer the best explanation I can and then I'll provide a link on here and let you know when its ready. I'll do that a little bit later but I won't leave it too long. By the way Patrick you do some great video's, amazing stuff with Cap Dumping.

          Hi Faraday, are you referring to shaping the magnetic field with a metal plate and using superpoles?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Guys,

            I started a thread about three years ago reporting on my "Complete Advanced SSG" http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=2041 where I showed an extra genny coil directly under the main run coil. The cores are gapped about 3/8" apart and neither core extends beyond it's own spool.

            I still have that extra coil installed with a switch, to collect some of the "extra" energy that is lost (from the external field?) when the main run coil collapses. I have found over time, however, that it does cause a slight decrease in RPM (5 or 10 RPM) and a slight increase in charge time (5 to 10 %). So it's not as completely "free" as I first thought and reported. It does, however, light up 42 LEDs. And the other genny coil, which is energized strictly by the magnets going past it, also lights up another 42 LEDs.

            When both genny coils are switched on it lights up a total of 84 LEDs with only a slight penalty in RPM and charge rate. And as reported in the above referenced thread, the charge battery will itself power a pretty healthy load while being charged in the common ground mode.

            Gary Hammond,

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Gary, I'm glad you've seen and done it.. that's pretty impressive with the 84 LED's. I've not tried extracting anything from it other than aiding my rotation on a few of my motors. Thanks for posting that.
              anyway here's the video link as promised..

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6uw6o_gvks






              Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
              Hi Guys,

              I started a thread about three years ago reporting on my "Complete Advanced SSG" http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=2041 where I showed an extra genny coil directly under the main run coil. The cores are gapped about 3/8" apart and neither core extends beyond it's own spool.

              I still have that extra coil installed with a switch, to collect some of the "extra" energy that is lost (from the external field?) when the main run coil collapses. I have found over time, however, that it does cause a slight decrease in RPM (5 or 10 RPM) and a slight increase in charge time (5 to 10 %). So it's not as completely "free" as I first thought and reported. It does, however, light up 42 LEDs. And the other genny coil, which is energized strictly by the magnets going past it, also lights up another 42 LEDs.

              When both genny coils are switched on it lights up a total of 84 LEDs with only a slight penalty in RPM and charge rate. And as reported in the above referenced thread, the charge battery will itself power a pretty healthy load while being charged in the common ground mode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Oliver,

                Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                Hi everyone. A couple of days ago I made an interesting observation and thought I'd share. I don't know if its been posted on here however if it has I've not seen it.

                Anyway, I was messing about adapting one of my monopole machines to various changes including needing to raise the coil because of a change in frame. I usually use CD's or DVD's or whatever comes to hand providing its not something that would draw power away from the Main coil. This time for one reason or another I decided to use a Coil Spool but one with a core already in it. The core was welding rods. I placed the core underneath the Main coil core where the cores were actually making contact.

                2 things I noticed straight away. Speed Increase without making any changes to the Resistance settings and more audible sound being carried through the core of the coils. I always tune my machines with the help of my AM radio set to LW frequency. This time the Radio wasn't on as the pulsing was emitting through the core of the coils. I managed to re-tune it with the help of the coil core. Bit freaky!

                I've since tried it on three other machines. Two of them I use the Mechanical Switch for Cap Dumping and one of those I had to immediately raise the resistance setting. All three benefit.

                I haven't tried extracting power from the coils underneath the Main coil yet. Maybe that's something I will try next or maybe someone else may be interested in trying that. I do know of the tweak where placing a small neo underneath the Coil can sometimes aid the performance of a machine.

                Anyway, hope your all well...not posted in a while.

                Oliver
                I watched your video with interest and was impressed with your ingenuity and observations. The only question I have relates to the gap between the run coil and the rotating magnets. Did you end up with the exact same gap before the modifications and afterward?

                I know from my own experiments that a small change in the gap can greatly influence RPM, current draw, trigger resistance required, and charging output .
                Gary Hammond,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi Gary.

                  Thanks for the compliments and watching my video. Yes. As a guide I usually start off by jamming the underside of my core with dvd's or cd's and then remove them one by one. I measured the gap with the discs and noticed I was able to remove two of the discs while maintaining a healthy rpm. Previously as the potential in the power battery dropped, the field weakened and I had to start adding discs to decrease the air gap...this was prior to the change. So the power battery dropped to 10v and then lower than 9 while maintaining fast rotation and would have continued if I'd have allowed it. I drain my ni-cads down normally and then allow them to rest for a couple of hours before charging them again so this is normal practise for me.

                  I like to experiment with ni-cads which I've done for a few years now. They've got a far steeper decline than a lead acid as you probably know. I charge these to about 12:80v then allow them to rest. So I look after them like a lead acid battery. I'm even using one to rejuvenate one of my 12amp/hr lead acid batteries at the moment.

                  The larger red/black Ni-cad I've rebuilt but used thick 600Amp dc auto jump wire with weld rods to connect the cells. It looks and acts like its an extension of my motors as they're running with the same thick DC high ampage jump wire. So there's 30 ni-cad cells in parallel and in series which makes up a pretty potent battery.

                  Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                  Hi Oliver,



                  I watched your video with interest and was impressed with your ingenuity and observations. The only question I have relates to the gap between the run coil and the rotating magnets. Did you end up with the exact same gap before the modifications and afterward?

                  I know from my own experiments that a small change in the gap can greatly influence RPM, current draw, trigger resistance required, and charging output .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                    Hi Gary, I'm glad you've seen and done it.. that's pretty impressive with the 84 LED's. I've not tried extracting anything from it other than aiding my rotation on a few of my motors. Thanks for posting that.
                    anyway here's the video link as promised..

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6uw6o_gvks
                    Hi Oliver,
                    this is very nice! so the supporting coil is completely open and not connected to anything? Did it behave the same using the spool and core without the wire on it? I couldn't tell from what you said in the video.

                    Sorry If my response to Faraday confused anyone. I completely understood that you did not piggy back.

                    Oliver, can you tell if there is any interaction/vibration between the two cores? I guess I'll have to get a wheel up and running to test some things out :-) Thanks for sharing this!
                    Kind Regards - Patrick

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                      Hi Patrick and Faraday..

                      I'll do that as you asked Patrick with the video. I'm not coil shorting though when I first saw the improvement I first thought of Doug Konzen's explanation of not needing to place coils around the wheel, like everyone does , I only initially did it as a test because I needed to elevate the coil onto something higher to attract the new rotor I was experimenting with. One of the machines was struggling to hit its sweet spot

                      It might be easier for me to post it on Youtube and I'll offer the best explanation I can and then I'll provide a link on here and let you know when its ready. I'll do that a little bit later but I won't leave it too long. By the way Patrick you do some great video's, amazing stuff with Cap Dumping.

                      Hi Faraday, are you referring to shaping the magnetic field with a metal plate and using superpoles?
                      Hi Oliver/Gary,
                      First of i intend to play no games here..sorry if some of them still have that perception about me...
                      Ok..comming to the effect.. have you guys tried out running a iron less SSG coil..
                      no..im not talking about the window motor.. the core can be placed inside out than what is generally practised.. there is more to learn than there is to discuss..
                      Rds,
                      Faraday88.
                      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Patrick, Faraday, Gary.

                        Hi Patrick, sorry slow reply. It did behave the same with the cored spool without the wire. That was the one I tried to begin with. I couldn't tell if there was any difference though. To begin I'd piled up a ton of dvd's underneath the spool which started wandering around once the machine got up running, this was the main reason why I put a spool underneath. Can't for the life of me think why I wanted to try one with a core in it. Glad I did though.

                        I had a major crash tonight. One of the bearings came off and drove the Cap Bank up to 40v which I'm sure the micro-switch would have loved. Bet my neighbours loved it too! It was really loud! I've used a dvd hot glued to the side of the spool and the bearing is hot glued to that. Its much stronger now... I'm just waiting for the other side to fall off.

                        Just an update...

                        There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the windings and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?

                        Thanks for all your input guys

                        Oliver

                        Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                        Hi Oliver,
                        this is very nice! so the supporting coil is completely open and not connected to anything? Did it behave the same using the spool and core without the wire on it? I couldn't tell from what you said in the video.

                        Sorry If my response to Faraday confused anyone. I completely understood that you did not piggy back.

                        Oliver, can you tell if there is any interaction/vibration between the two cores? I guess I'll have to get a wheel up and running to test some things out :-) Thanks for sharing this!
                        Kind Regards - Patrick

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                          Hi Patrick, Faraday, Gary.

                          Hi Patrick, sorry slow reply. It did behave the same with the cored spool without the wire. That was the one I tried to begin with. I couldn't tell if there was any difference though. To begin I'd piled up a ton of dvd's underneath the spool which started wandering around once the machine got up running, this was the main reason why I put a spool underneath. Can't for the life of me think why I wanted to try one with a core in it. Glad I did though.

                          I had a major crash tonight. One of the bearings came off and drove the Cap Bank up to 40v which I'm sure the micro-switch would have loved. Bet my neighbours loved it too! It was really loud! I've used a dvd hot glued to the side of the spool and the bearing is hot glued to that. Its much stronger now... I'm just waiting for the other side to fall off.

                          Just an update...

                          There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the windings and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?

                          Thanks for all your input guys

                          Oliver
                          Hi Oliver,
                          Appreciate if you could share me a schematic of this episode..
                          ''There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the winding and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?''......which is this winding you are referring to..?? i may want to explain in detail what is at work..!!
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.
                          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi everyone...

                            Faraday, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic but it doesn't matter weather you use a rectifier or not it lights the bulbs with or without it. Initially I only used it to see how much power was being extracted from the coil windings.

                            There's a few other coils I've got that I've tried with this technique but they haven't got enough weld rods protruding out of the end so it looks like that makes all the difference.

                            Anyway, something else interesting. I put my LED array across it straight into the windings. Now it lights it both ways But the anode into the positive side of the coil is much brighter.

                            So stucking LED's across bit like what Gary said. It does light them very bright and in time to the micro-switch cap dump. Looks a bit freaky with the light out. Bet the neighbours think I'm dabbling with the Ouija board...

                            Anyway, here's the latest vid.. if I think of anything else I'll be back...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwPeQFsWQU

                            bye for now!
                            Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                            Hi Oliver,
                            Appreciate if you could share me a schematic of this episode..
                            ''There's no vibration that comes off the coil that I could tell Patrick but I've just tried something interesting. I've put a rectifier across the winding and was able to pick up 1 volt on the meter. But something even more interesting is if I connect a 12v 5watt auto bulb across the AC side of the rectifier its enough to light the filament but then as I'm listening to the pulse timing on the Am radio the tone goes a lot higher and once I've retuned it with the bulb attached to the AC side, the Rotor really takes off considerably faster than before.... so coil shorting with a bulb? I'll make a neater job tomorrow and upload another video if your interested?''......which is this winding you are referring to..?? i may want to explain in detail what is at work..!!
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi Oliver,
                              Very nice! Spiky/radiant always finds a way. This is a nice project/find admittedly I have not had the time yet this week to get my wheel running, I will find it this weekend!
                              Thanks - Patrick


                              Originally posted by Oliver View Post
                              Hi everyone...

                              Faraday, I'll see if I can come up with a schematic but it doesn't matter weather you use a rectifier or not it lights the bulbs with or without it. Initially I only used it to see how much power was being extracted from the coil windings.

                              There's a few other coils I've got that I've tried with this technique but they haven't got enough weld rods protruding out of the end so it looks like that makes all the difference.

                              Anyway, something else interesting. I put my LED array across it straight into the windings. Now it lights it both ways But the anode into the positive side of the coil is much brighter.

                              So stucking LED's across bit like what Gary said. It does light them very bright and in time to the micro-switch cap dump. Looks a bit freaky with the light out. Bet the neighbours think I'm dabbling with the Ouija board...

                              Anyway, here's the latest vid.. if I think of anything else I'll be back...

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwPeQFsWQU

                              bye for now!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X