Off the grid with Bedini Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya,
    Sometimes it shows up that way, with the oscillator you never know until you try it. I have seen them run hot to cold depending on the condition it is running in. If the oscillator is big enough it can do some strange things with the fields. I have dried batteries right out when the conditions are right. Quartz clocks go nuts sometimes around them from across the room. One time the time changed on a clock I had so I took off home only to find out it was only 8 o'clock yet the clock said 12:30 this clock has never been the same. I have repeated that many times just to make sure the oscillator was the culprit. I have watched SSG machines goof with cameras in some of the videos Tony filmed me in, it can be seen if you watch very carefully. At the conference with the Ferris wheel the video monitors facing the audience had lines in different colors running at the speed of the machine in stand by rotation. yes, seen allot of unexplained things with cold energy so now I want to work with the current end of the energy the hot part. I find a hidden current in the current and I know soon one of you will see it. The SSG can use it in forced mode. it just takes time to see it, but you will.
    John
    John Bedini
    My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

• Hi all. When I was near the big wheel in 2010 I could feel that energy so strong all over me and my jacket I was wearing. Sometimes more than others I feel it around my ssg wheels but nothing like what that big machine was putting out. It was an incredible experience. Wished I could come to every conference. As always thanks John Bedini for making everything available for us to see and try.
      If any of you can get to a conference then go. You will not regret it.

al

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
        I'm getting allot of questions about the TESLA III Charger. So I will attempt to answer some of them here. For one thing the 12 volt Tracker III uses a liner regulation amplifier so some people are asking if they can use a DC supply on the input. The answer is yes as long as you use the current rating of the unit. For example the 12 volt Tracker looks at the panels open circuit voltage and then applies the proper current to the DC amplifier. So the panel voltage is say 0 to 22 volts and the amplifier will start charging at 18 volts which would be normal condition and maximum voltage would be under load around 20 as the battery approaches 15 volts at which point the liner regulators will not push any more current to the battery for safety reasons.So even if the solar panel voltage goes up to 22.5 volts the battery will just be floating at 15 with no real current. The Red Light stays on... Yes this is a small amount of battery current to keep the circuits stable it only amounts to about 20Ma so don't worry about it. Does the unit have blocking diodes?. YES three 50 amp bridges. Why is the fan so fast. Easy question. The Liner Amplifiers must be kept around 70 to 90 C and the Emitter resistors must be kept with air flow around them as all the current flows through them to balance the transistors. The resistors are .1 ohms and the devices are selected for current and high voltage since the devices are running at 16 amps each It is Wakefield forced air cooled sink. If you stop the fan or slow it down it may cause the charger to go into thermal runaway. That fan must not be blocked in any way, and yes it has the correct air flow as we measure it so in a way it is a pressurized case. Is the unit Transistors? Yes and they are P devices for speed each one is bata matched. Why did you not use fets? because you cant get a good one anymore.

Now, IF you want to learn liner amplifier circuits then come to the next conference since I will be using this type of system with the Bike wheel SSG machine. And you will probably see what else can be done with Liner Regulator Amplifiers.
        John

Hi John,

I´m happy about having bought your unit, especially when the green light goes on. I guess you´re talking about the Tracker V now? I´m confused again...
        Looking forward to see what it´s going to do with our 900Ahrs bank
        The only thing that annoys me is that the fan bothers.

I noticed that A LOT of air is simply bouncing back out of the case, as the fan does not really seems to be designed to force air through a narrow path.

This means that the speed could be lowered easily while keeping the same air flowing through, by just having more output holes drilled in the box.
        Another very practical thing that could be done is using the Case itself as a heatsink, as Outback power does. The fans of those rarely turn on, as they have very good conversion rates of the power too. They have ripples all over the case.
        Just thinking about other people that might get such a charger and want to install it in their workshop... I´m actually waking up every morning around 8 o'clock as I hear it through the wall from my room.
        For me, it´s looking like I´ll have to build an extra place for the charger on the roof, or insulate my wall and stop working in the workshop at daytime until 1 year passes and I can put bigger heatsinks in it, and drill more holes.
        Because I believe you must have done a good job with the TST, and that means it will keep our batts fresh, it will stay connected no matter what, because we´re living entirely on solar and have no connection to the grid.

D.

Comment

• Ok,
          I guess I will go over this again, to make a liner Amplifier charger it is almost impossible to use the standard heat fin arrangement and cool the devices including the .1 ohm resistors Trackers 3 to 5 have fan cooling including the 20 amp tracker. You can slow the fan if you want to by changing the 50 watt 4 ohm resistor to 16 ohms but if you thermal overload it, it's your repair job not mine. Most people do not have that unit next to them it's in a outbuilding like mine is.
          If you look at the arrangement of the heat sinks the air flow is through the center and dust is not going to block it anytime soon. Now think about the people that are living at over 120 degrees where most of these units are located. I have 50or 60 units in the Barstow Vegas desert and have not had any problems with air flow or heat yet.

Do any of you have any experience with high powered Liner Regulator Amplifiers for solar. All the MPPT chargers just average everything and I have never had one that kept my batteries charged yet. The Tracker 5 is the same thing the military uses in the field, why, because it does the job and your batteries are charged.

If you want to change your unit then go ahead and slow the fan down, but I would not do that. It's your unit do anything you want but then do not complain to me it burned up. The big Trackers of over 200 amps runs all day long in the hot sun. Now if any of you have figured out the devices in it would see that the unit is just coasting along at 80 Amps. at 12 volts the devices are rated for 16 amps each and you have 12 of them. But you must realize that the battery is at 15 volts so that changes things as far as current goes and the battery needs that current to charge.
          Think about it why the fan is so fast, could it be you must cool the resistors also and that takes mass air flow. The air could be bouncing around for a reason.

But it's like I said it's your unit change it your way then repair it your way.
          John
          John Bedini

Comment

• Yes,
            It's easy to put a box around the unit with the same material and just give it air space you will lower the noise dramatically.
            John
            John Bedini

Comment

• Brazilian Energy Generator

Hi, first of sorry if I'm posting this link in the wrong section, it may be old news for those here.

Brazilian Firm Goes To Market With Free Energy Generator Capable of Powering Two Average Size Houses

http://www.libertariannews.org/2013/...e-size-houses/

Comment

• Hi@all,
                this is my first post on this forum
                I have read many of the threads relating to JB and the his SSG tech which to me is simply amazing

I found this forum after finding JB and his utube channel, ive watched every vid i could find on anything he was doing in his lab and also watched many vids of u guys here doing your experiments as you were all working out the Alum battery tech along with many other things i did not know ANYTHING about circuts or electronics 3 weeks ago and still know NOTHING now but id just like to thank u all because at least now i know something of what you are talking about and can follow after reading your posts and watching you vids there....so im a newbie but im a very interested newbie

Going off grid has been a passion for me for a long time but moving countries 3 times over the past 10 years slowed things down a little

We have a small property here in nova scotia with a small creek and plenty of wind so off the grid we will go -how far off will depend on $ (we are not rich) and time, my plan was to start with a small micro hydro and add to that a solar bank and a wind gen (but im open to advise or change on that )and of course a monopole setup but knowing nothing about circuts or really even ssg "only what i have read" i am asking for advise from anyone who can help me plan this adventure which hopefully will start sometime next summer

i will be buying the beginners book on ssg and definately a monopole but which one to start the bike wheel or ??
                I have about a million other questions but i think that will do for now ...cheers
                Thanks in advance
                Pat M

Comment

• Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum Buying the beginner's book is an excellent start for researching the Bedini SSG. I would suggest you follow the book exactly and start looking for a bike wheel to use.

If you need a source for parts for your experiments, feel free to browse our website by clicking on the link in my signature below.

John K.

Comment

• Thanx John,

Pat M

Comment

• Hi again John,
                      hope your Xmas was good and Happy New year to all.

Well ive bought the book , looked at most vids i can find of JB,s and others here on the forum and read every post i can find including those that twisted my mind sideways just trying to understand ...so thanks to all u guys for your efforts

Anyways after all that i decided for the ssg bike wheel 9 filar coil 8x20 -1x23 trigger "recomended " with the sg 8 transittor board kit wheel diameter 26" (aka22") my question is related to the magnets i see on teslagenx theyare sold in singles , and in kit form do you reccomend 24 magnets for this size wheel? it seems to me that you do .......any help is welcome

Thanx Pat M

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrikas View Post
                        Hi again John,
                        hope your Xmas was good and Happy New year to all.

Well ive bought the book , looked at most vids i can find of JB,s and others here on the forum and read every post i can find including those that twisted my mind sideways just trying to understand ...so thanks to all u guys for your efforts

Anyways after all that i decided for the ssg bike wheel 9 filar coil 8x20 -1x23 trigger "recomended " with the sg 8 transittor board kit wheel diameter 26" (aka22") my question is related to the magnets i see on teslagenx theyare sold in singles , and in kit form do you reccomend 24 magnets for this size wheel? it seems to me that you do .......any help is welcome

Thanx Pat M
                        The bike wheel in the SG book has 21 magnets, that is what is recommended. sometimes you can damage a magnet when handling so we recommend a couple of extra. sometimes dropping a ceramic can cause it to shatter. get Them with the backing tape it makes assembly much easier.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi john ,

i have one more q? regarding the parts for the ssg........

Im in Canada so it will be international shipping for me .......other that the cost of parts, shipping charges and tax will there be any other charges like import duty taxes for these parts coming into Canada.....things are a little tight here after losing job in the new year and id just like to know before ordering ......

thanx in advance ,...

Pat M

Comment

• Can a kind soul point me in the right direction? What do I need to go off the grid with JB's tech? I can make do with 2KW. I already have 2KW solar panels and a 48 volts / 3KW transformer-inverter UPS and four (dying) batteries. I'm thinking I need a 6 transistor SG in the very least, along with 4 extra batteries (for my 48v system) to charge and replace with the other four? I don't know.

There was also a aerial antenna battery charger system in one of JB's /Bearden books. It provides sketchy details. Maybe I should bake a roll of old coax cable (to collect charge from air) and use it as indicated briefly with the help of a diagram in that book. Anyone try that one?

Comment

• well here is a few qustions:

what kind of batteries are they? if they are lead acid and not in really really bad shape, then pulse charging may restore them. SLA batts and Gel cells dry out from heat and they are usually cooked before you can rehydrate them.

if you want to rejuvenate batteries pure radiant works best, so that would be a rotored SG, Telsagenx has everything you need but the wheel and frame. or you can go with the rejuvenator series 10A12 plug in charger from John, we also have them. just depends upon how quickly you want to try and restore batteries and how mechanically and electronically inclined you are.

sounds like you have a bunch already invested in your system, if you are going to replace go with flooded lead acid batteries, like the trojan T series or L series. then run them on the SG or 10A12 once a week with a cap pulser to keep them desulphated. if the finish voltage on your inverter is adjustable then you can also set a higher termination voltage, although this may cause excessive off gassing if it pushes to hard on top. gotta experiment with that.

do you have enough solar to run your loads AND fully charge your batteries daily? perhaps a few more panels will take some pressure off your system. the bigest killer of batteries is cycling when charging is incomplete.

if you are looking to swap out what you have we have solar tracker 5's that keep your new batteries fresh. its really a matter of your loads and what you need for A.C. and d.c. you would have to buy an inverter for your a.c. loads as there is not an integrated one available from john at this time.

let us know how we can help.

Tom C

p.s. I would not in the short term look towards experimenting with ariel harvesters etcetera, get your needs met so you can experiment without the pressure and worries of things going sideways for you.
                              Last edited by Tom C; 05-20-2014, 08:25 AM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Tom. The batteries I have are flooded lead acid CCA / vehicle starting type with Faure/pasted plates 29 total (pos+neg) in each cell (over 200 amp hour) and there are 4 of these batteries. I made them myself with help from a friend who is a car electrician and battery repair tech, so they aren't branded. We made these about 14 months ago. I think its the 48 volt arrangement with the four of them in series as well thats killing them. The two on the positive end are going defective, losing electrolyte gravity, while they bubble during charge etc just fine like others do. I recently prepared a 1.2 sp. gravity acid electrolyte for them and added it in their cells and there was a bit of improvement. Now after two weeks they are back to square 1. The solar system I have has difficulty pushing them all the way up to 60+ volts for equalizing charge. Its unable to take them beyond 57.5 volts. Perhaps it needs more plates as you have pointed out. I think I should try rejuvenating them with my rotored SSG individually and see what happens. Luckily I have a couple of spare batts for that.

Edit: I've managed to recover a big part of one of the big dying batteries with a rotored trifilar ssg employing a transistor switched capacitor dump. Apparently one of its cells' plates seems poisoned or sulfated and turned white but now I can see the positive group turning black after a couple of days of charging. I remember using magnesium sulfate, washing with baking soda and ordinary charging to recover the cell but RE takes the cake. Amazing.
                                Last edited by Quigon10101; 05-22-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X