Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tesla Switch Solar Charger

Hi All,

Here is a quick video of a Tesla Switch Solar Charger that I have been working on. This is based on John Bedini's original prototype that was the forerunner of the Tesla Solar Tracker III line of solar chargers that are currently available for sale at Tesla Chargers.

This prototype has been modified to use a digital chip for the controller. Early tests are showing that the digital chip can be configured so that all of the energy that is available from the solar panel is captured and sent to the charge battery. So this charger is really a solar power amplifier. You can see the gain on the meters of what this device is capable of.

Further improvements are already planned and even since this video was taken a week ago, there have been significant improvements - where the needle on the meter is pegged in BOTH directions. More testing is being done because we have to test these things in all conditions - full sunlight, low light, rain and even moonlight. We also have to test for different types of batteries and how they react.

I cannot release any details of the schematic, but we hope to have products available for sale in a few months.

John K.

Hi John, Looks like this thing is a really worth while endeavour. It definately has my attention. I am just getting ready to build a 1KW solar panel array and was going to start inquiring as to how to use this energy to charge large batteries. I know Energenx has the solar tracker unit and I know absolutely nothing about it. There is much to do and consider and I do not want to step on any toes here! How does this unit compare to the solar tracker and are there any advantages of it over the other. I am just doing my homework here!

Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
      Hi John, Looks like this thing is a really worth while endeavour. It definately has my attention. I am just getting ready to build a 1KW solar panel array and was going to start inquiring as to how to use this energy to charge large batteries. I know Energenx has the solar tracker unit and I know absolutely nothing about it. There is much to do and consider and I do not want to step on any toes here! How does this unit compare to the solar tracker and are there any advantages of it over the other. I am just doing my homework here!

Bud
      what are you going to use for batteries?

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Bud
        Bud, I haven't done any comparison to the current Tesla Solar Tracker III yet but I hope to see several advantages, such as the ability to have different charge modes depending on the light conditions and the the status of the charge battery. The idea being to extract the most energy from the solar panel and put it to the best use for the battery.

It also has the same advantage as the current Tesla Solar Tracker III in de-sulfating and rejuvenating your batteries. You will also be able to connect the unit to the output of an SSG and be able to rotate the primary and secondary batteries.

Several models are planned, from the mini Tesla Switch that John Bedini showed in the Crystal battery thread right up to large units for big solar arrays.

John K.
        Last edited by John_Koorn; 09-23-2012, 02:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

John k,
          Are you posting this in terms of something we can purchase or is the schematic going to be given like the ssg for us to play around with and see what we can do?

Les

Comment

LesK, this will be something that can be purchased and will be potted up along with other security. The schematic will not be made public as this is Energenx proprietary technology and to the patent.

That may sound harsh but I am doing this to help support John and Gary, so they can continue to do research in this field. We all have to eat and pay the bills. The best way to thank John for all he has given over the years is to buy his products, which also happen to the best ones around.

John K.

Comment

Not harsh at all John, JB has given so much freely I was wondering how he was going to get his next meal...
              My personal experiences are that I have shared some of what I have learned here on the SSG with people who stop by, only to hear them later telling others as though they themselves were the inventors. I really have a hard time with that.
              I would like to see many more products on the market from Energenx. Your unit looks larger scale than the others I have seen. and slightly different configuration. That's why I was wondering.
              So if I understand correctly, I could purchase one of these to put on my ferris Wheel?

Thanks John
              Les

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
              LesK, this will be something that can be purchased and will be potted up along with other security. The schematic will not be made public as this is Energenx proprietary technology and to the patent.

That may sound harsh but I am doing this to help support John and Gary, so they can continue to do research in this field. We all have to eat and pay the bills. The best way to thank John for all he has given over the years is to buy his products, which also happen to the best ones around.

John K.

Comment

Hi John, Is this unit going to be for different voltage battery bank systems? I am definately interested in the purchase. Keep us all informed. Any idea on a time frame for production?

Bud
                Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Originally posted by LesK View Post
                  Not harsh at all John, JB has given so much freely I was wondering how he was going to get his next meal...
                  My personal experiences are that I have shared some of what I have learned here on the SSG with people who stop by, only to hear them later telling others as though they themselves were the inventors. I really have a hard time with that.
                  I would like to see many more products on the market from Energenx. Your unit looks larger scale than the others I have seen. and slightly different configuration. That's why I was wondering.
                  So if I understand correctly, I could purchase one of these to put on my ferris Wheel?

Thanks John
                  Les
                  Yes Les, you could put it on the output of the Ferris Wheel. In the video I show the controller being powered externally, but the production unit will power itself.

John K.

Comment

Hi John, Is this unit going to be for different voltage battery bank systems? I am definately interested in the purchase. Keep us all informed. Any idea on a time frame for production?

Bud
                    Hi Bud, initially for 12v systems. We can do a 24v or higher if there is enough interest. As for the time frame, I can't say for sure but we have to finish testing first as we won't be selling anything that doesn't work properly straight out of the box.

John K.

Comment

You can put me down for one! I don't have solar panels... can they run off crystal batteries? Keep us posted when they're ready for sale. You're building them at your place then?

Comment

Barrie, I don't expect they will run off crystal batteries. We will probably have them built at Energenx, because they are setup already to do that.

John K.

Comment

Can we have some price estimates at this stage? How would they compare to Rick's chargers in function, price & features? Can we make 'em run of Crystal Batteries?

Comment

Barrie, these are chargers that are designed to run off solar or wind as the input - not a battery. You may run them from the output of an SG or Bedini/Cole circuit as well but primarily they are a solar charger designed to replace your existing solar or wind generator charger/controller.

Not sure if you knew, but "Rick's chargers" are all hand made by Energenx and are branded as Renaissance Charge under license, same as Tesla Chargers.

John K.

Comment

Thanks John. No, I didn't know that about "Rick's Chargers".

I was thinking that as solar cells are a high impedance source & similar in many ways to crystal batteries, if we built 'em big enough & to the right specifications, they might operate in a similar fashion?

Comment

Working...
                              X