X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaro1776
    replied
    60 degree Arc of Virtual Coil Poles

In the latest set of experiments the 45 degree coil in the standard ZFM and rotor exhibited a 70 degree virtual coil pole arc with the coil radial distance increased by 0.24" over the prior experiment. Not very good, however by decreasing the coil to Neo edge Gap to about 3/16" the virtual poles were then relocated to the desired 60 degree angle. Yes!!!!

So, these several experiments clearly demonstrate that the virtual pole position created by the air coil end can be manipulated by coil dimensioning, coil radial distance and by Neo rotor to coil gap. One could write a very informative technical paper with these experiments...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1672.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	50221 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1673.JPG
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	50222
    Last edited by Yaro1776; 10-31-2019, 03:58 AM. Reason: Elaboration and confusion

Leave a comment:

• Joster
    replied
    All sounds great Yaro. Following this thread closely!

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Greetings to all the wanderers of the aether,
    Having concluded the first phase of the next generation ZFM, one can now go forward to the actual design phase of this project. Please bear in mind that this and the following posts of the project progression are essentially a digital form of documentation. There may be areas that are a bit unclear, but do not expect to have every detail to be fully explained – otherwise, where would the challenge and enjoyment be?
    There are multiple options too that could be explored for the next YZFM design phase; however a progressive approach has been selected for the sake of simplicity and continuity. In this approach, the ZFM rotor will be expanded to 6 poles with an alternating N-S Neo arrangement. While this does move away from the Bedini method of similar polarity Neo's 180 degrees apart, however it does retain the empty arc segments, thereby creating a virtual coil between each of the other three coil ends similar to the 4 pole ZFM method.
    So this build will utilize three coils equally spaced 120 degrees apart with the desired empty space and utilize the same type of build design and overall dimensions as the prior 2016 motor. The plastic pipe type of build is inexpensive, reliable and easily modified. Adapting it to three coils is very easily accomplished.
    The coil dimensions will be designed with the results of the prior posts in mind. A short series of experiments were completed the other day that did verify the N-S rotor polarity arc results from the prior posts; however in this instance both coils were energized with an on/off toggle to minimize any overheating. The results of the rotor arc rotation experiments, with two coils in play, are identical to the single coil experiments. That experiment resolves the single versus two coil question.
    The initial step will be to wind a bifilar coil with the desired resistance and coil arc, then retrofit it to the existing YZFM motor/body to verify the shortened coil pole arc value. The bifilar wind is intended to be used for the parallel mode of operation and as a comparison to the series mode of operation.
    At a future and appropriate time other similar and larger ZFM configurations will be explored and discussed.
    It will be a bit of time before the next 6 pole coil experiment post…
    Happy Fall

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Yaro, can you try to post your long post to see if it works? Been working with the host of my server and they worked out the issue it seems. At least I could post the text in your pdf. Please let me know what happens when you try.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Design Phase Next Gen ZFM

Having concluded the first phase of the next generation ZFM, one can now
    go forward to the actual design phase of this project. Please bear in mind
    that this and the following posts of the project progression are essentially a
    digital form of documentation. There may be areas that are a bit unclear,
    but do not expect to have every detail to be fully explained – otherwise,
    where would the challenge and enjoyment be?

There are multiple options to that could be explored for the next YZFM
    design phase; however a progressive approach has been selected for the
    sake of simplicity and continuity. In this approach, the ZFM rotor will be
    expanded to 6 poles with an alternating N-S Neo arrangement. While this
    does move away from the Bedini method of similar polarity Neo's 180
    degrees apart, however it does retain the empty arc segments, thereby
    creating a virtual coil between each of the other three coil ends similar to
    the 4 pole ZFM method.

So this build will utilize three coils equally spaced 120 degrees apart with
    the desired empty space and utilize the same type of build design and
    overall dimensions as the prior 2016 motor. The plastic pipe type of build is
    inexpensive, reliable and easily modified. Adapting it to three coils is very
    easily accomplished.

The coil dimensions will be designed with the results of the prior posts in
    mind. A short series of experiments were completed the other day that did
    verify the N-S rotor polarity arc results from the prior posts; however in this
    instance both coils were energized with an on/off toggle to minimize any
    overheating. The results of the rotor arc rotation experiments, with two coils
    in play, are identical to the single coil experiments. That experiment
    resolves the single versus two coil question.

The initial step will be to wind a bifilar coil with the desired resistance and
    coil arc, then retrofit it to the existing YZFM motor/body to verify the
    shortened coil pole arc value. The bifilar wind is intended to be used for the
    parallel mode of operation and as a comparison to the series mode of
    operation.
    At a future and appropriate time other similar and larger ZFM configurations
    will be explored and discussed.
    It will be a bit of time before the next 6 pole coil experiment post…

Happy Fall

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    test this is a test test

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    6 Pole Coil Arc

Over the weekend a 45 degree coil (210 ft #20 mag wire) was wrapped and installed in the existing YZFM motor body using the same rotor and Neo config as the prior N-S test. Same degree wheel, 12v LAB, etc.

The results of this experiment definitely demonstrate that the coils magnetic poles are located away from the coil, in this instance the total arc between the coil's poles is 65 degrees. Some further tweaking will be required to hit the 60 degree arc value by dimensional changes and radial positioning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ZFM 6 pole coil.jpg
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	50219.

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Design Phase Next Gen ZFM

Spinning my wheels here with this post - moving to a .PDF file to keep the information flowing. Apologize for the inconvenience.
    ZFM Advanced Explorations Phase II Design.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Having concluded the first phase of the next generation ZFM, one can now go forward to the actual design phase of this project. Please bear in mind that this and the following posts of the project progression are essentially a digital form of documentation. There may be areas that are a bit unclear, but do not expect to have every detail to be fully explained – otherwise, where would the challenge and enjoyment be?

Limit of posting reached!

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Just tried a three paragraph copy and paste from the Word document I have been using to Quick Reply. Clicking the Post Reply button gives a "do you want to leave page" message. Pushing yes button yields a blank page.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
    Hey Aaron,

Still having issues in not being able to post over a 100 words or so when in advanced mode. Preview of post yields a blank screen and then wind up not being able to to bring up EFS site at all. I will try my backup laptop to see if the same issue exists on a newer operating system. We went through a similar set of issues about a year ago...
    Can you post more than 100 words in non-advanced mode? I'm trying to find out how to increase it either way.

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Aaron,

Tried another computer with Win7Pro with the same negative results. Frustrating, but then again I can post sometime in the future. I will continue my experiments irregardless of these speed bumps.

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Hey Aaron,

Still having issues in not being able to post over a 100 words or so when in advanced mode. Preview of post yields a blank screen and then wind up not being able to to bring up EFS site at all. I will try my backup laptop to see if the same issue exists on a newer operating system. We went through a similar set of issues about a year ago...

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Looks like you're in!

Leave a comment:

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Functionality Test

Leave a comment:

Working...
X