• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Hi JK,
    Your circuit interpretation is a multi-stage booster to the 'Bedini Large comparator' in a sense. so its a spin-off technology of the same.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Faraday, I have the distinct feeling that we're not on the same page.

Please back up to the part where i said "the next step is to design a circuit that will stop charging when the battery is fully charged." and then read again from there. (Post #54)

I've moved on from the actual charging circuit. Richard and I were talking about "the next step".

Do try and keep up m'boy!

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Faraday, not sure what you're asking but I'll try to write an answer anyway.

We're talking about a circuit that controls the operation of the previously posted system of a "Pulsing a coil with a cap pulser". It has no more in common with the proprietary circuit of the "Bedini Large Comparator" than a horse has to a cart.

John K.
    Hi JK,
    Your circuit interpretation is a multi-stage booster to the 'Bedini Large comparator' in a sense. so its a spin-off technology of the same.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Hi JK,
    Just wondering how can the circuit be not Bedini proprietary when you are claiming to use his 'Bedini Large comparator' how would it matter anyway? unless you better it and then claim you're bettering over the prior art
    wouldn't you patent it then???
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    Faraday, not sure what you're asking but I'll try to write an answer anyway.

We're talking about a circuit that controls the operation of the previously posted system of a "Pulsing a coil with a cap pulser". It has no more in common with the proprietary circuit of the "Bedini Large Comparator" than a horse has to a cart.

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Yes Richard. Note that it won't be Bedini's proprietary circuit, but my interpretation of it.

As soon as I have something replicatable I'll post it.

John K.
    Hi JK,
    Just wondering how can the circuit be not Bedini proprietary when you are claiming to use his 'Bedini Large comparator' how would it matter anyway? unless you better it and then claim you're bettering over the prior art
    wouldn't you patent it then???
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard
    Will you be sharing the details of that work?
    Yes Richard. Note that it won't be Bedini's proprietry circuit, but my interpretation of it.

As soon as I have something replicatable I'll post it.

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    If we are charging with a spike we would need to disconnect the charger and wait for some period of time before checking the battery voltage since the spike would go well over 15.25 volts. Maybe the circuit could quickly measure battery voltage between spikes.
    If we were charging with a steady current, the battery voltage would vary depending on charging current so, again, we would need to disconnect the charger and wait some period of time to check the battery voltage.
    After the charger is disconnected the battery can take considerable time to settle at a significantly lower voltage.
    It would be nice if there was a simple way to check specific gravity of the battery acid during charging. Of course that would only cover that one cell.
    Hi Richard,
    Indeed! you have pointed a very good way to sense the Charge-state in a battery since the Specific gravity of the electrolyte is a direct indication, more than the Voltage read-out since a bad cell would never indicate in terms of the effective Voltage(12v). Individual SP monitoring, although seems impractical, should be nevertheless a right approach in my view. just that we need to have a commercial electronic Specific gravity sensor available!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-30-2018, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    If we are charging with a spike we would need to disconnect the charger and wait for some period of time before checking the battery voltage since the spike would go well over 15.25 volts. Maybe the circuit could quickly measure battery voltage between spikes.
    If we were charging with steady current, the battery voltage would vary depending on charging current so, again, we would need to disconnect the charger and wait some period of time to check the battery voltage.
    After the charger is disconnected the battery can take considerable time to settle at a significantly lower voltage.
    It would be nice if there was a simple way to check specific gravity of the battery acid during charging. Of course that would only cover that one cell.
    Correct on all counts Richard.

I'll be using the same design that was used in one of Bedini's commercial chargers. Charge, rest, measure. Charge, rest, measure. Compare

It's a reasonably simple circuit. Just a couple of relays and a PIC or Arduino. The code takes care of when to charge, rest, measure and compare stages.

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Thank you

Yes, I did theorise to myself that this method of charging should provide a deeper charge and improved rejuvenation capabilities, however I have not done enough testing to prove that theory yet.

Anyhow, I did design this primarily as a practical "solar charger" so the next step is to design a circuit that will stop charging when the battery is fully charged.

After that I'm going to revisit my 3 battery switch circuit that rotates the batteries when required, but still using the "pulsing the coil" method that is the topic of this thread. The end goal is the "self-running" battery charger - still chasing that dream

John K.
    Hi JK,
    2 Batteries for 24V as the input to the BLC.... oh yes another feature is the rotatability of the input/output batteries... even if you have low Solar light you can have the panel in series(ensure a diode in line) with a Battery(input) and drive this circuit. This circuit would be a better de-sulfator for Rejuvenation..my Circuit that includes the resistor would bring all the High-impedance inside the battery and dump it in the resistor plus more power there!! resulting further lowering of Battery impedance.. a deeper charge! I shall do the testing and share it here with the group.
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Have you determined what parameters you will use to determine the point at which the battery is fully charged?
    @all,
    My guess is the 15.25V Cold boiling finish mark!
    we can trip-control at this point like a regular charger (ofcourse it does'nt do it at this point though).
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Super JK!!
    Plus the Depth of Charge in the Battery that happens by this method..
    I guess with cycling on this Charger it will increasingly get better and then stabilize at a point
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    Thank you

Yes, I did theorise to myself that this method of charging should provide a deeper charge and improved rejuvenation capabilities, however I have not done enough testing to prove that theory yet.

Anyhow, I did design this primarily as a practical "solar charger" so the next step is to design a circuit that will stop charging when the battery is fully charged.

After that I'm going to revisit my 3 battery switch circuit that rotates the batteries when required, but still using the "pulsing the coil" method that is the topic of this thread. The end goal is the "self-running" battery charger - still chasing that dream

John K.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Hi JK,
    I did not have access to the cap pulser ( Large Comparator), but that did not stop me from trying out this version of the circuit.
    The power switch i will leave it for people here in the forum to tinker with. i know it can be done with several ways present in all bedini books (FEG as well).
    I have hinted enough on the parameters essential to this topology..especially the High-Voltage, Low Capacitance for a Air-cored Coil that you showed us.
    i want people to understand the gist of the process more than just build it and leave it.. Science behind this is paramount.. its 'Use' only reaps as a blessing to individuals.
    How the circuit works: this circuit is inverted version of the standard SSG/SG circuit.
    but its the full regaugue version of it with the use of the Light bulb used in that position.
    Look at the resistor/light bulb, as i said its exact opposite of the battery..ie a battery is a Negistor and the a light buld is a Resistor.. in the Gauge -regauge mechanism process(Tesla-Impulse-Reaction) the resistor becomes more resistive and the negistor becomes more Negative and that is where it is the same as the Electron-extrator like what Stan Meyer does in further boosting the Energy level by Ionizing HHO gas (ie. the Gas atoms get highly charged and the electrons ripped off and sent into the resistor getting 'consumed' there as Power.

Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    I did say in an earlier post that you don't need a Bedini Large Comparator to try this circuit. In fact, I said you could build it with 2 12V batteries and a $1 555 timer circuit in about 20 minutes. Remember, the basis of the experiment is a "3 battery switch"??

I'm not going to hold you back from whatever experiments you want to do (in fact I encourage it!), however I do consider that your circuit is so far removed from mine that you should've started a separate thread.

John K.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    I wanted to prove whether or not pulsing a coil with a cap pulser was providing any extra benefit, rather than just directly charging a battery with a cap pulser.

Here's a charge chart that shows that pulsing a coil with the Bedini Large Comparator reduces the charge time with the same input.

The black charge curve is displaying the battery being charged with just the output of the Bedini Large Comparator (BLC). The input to the BLC is a lab power supply that has the current set at 2.0A. The BLC is set to discharge the capacitors at 25V.

The red charge curve is displaying the battery being charged with the BLC and the coil, as per the previously posted schematic. The input to the BLC is a lab power supply that has the current set at 2.0A. The BLC is set to discharge the capacitors at 25V.

As you can see by the below chart, the battery was completely charged about 1 hour faster by pulsing the coil with the cap pulser, as opposed to charging it directly with the cap pulser.

Below is an enlarged part of the last part of the black charge curve, showing the battery was charged to 15.409V in 1,299 minutes.

Below is an enlarged part of the last part of the red charge curve, showing the battery was charged to 15.429V in 1,243 minutes - a slightly higher voltage in 56 minutes less.

This a approximately a 5% reduction in charge time.
    Super JK!!
    Plus the Depth of Charge in the Battery that happens by this method..
    I guess with cycling on this Charger it will increasingly get better and then stabilize at a point
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-29-2018, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Hi Faraday,

can you please explain how your circuit is pulsing the coil with a cap pulser? (as per the thread title)

John K.
    Hi JK,
    I did not have access to the cap pulser ( Large Comparator), but that did not stop me from trying out this version of the circuit.
    The power switch i will leave it for people here in the forum to tinker with. i know it can be done with several ways present in all bedini books (FEG as well).
    I have hinted enough on the parameters essential to this topology..especially the High-Voltage, Low Capacitance for a Air-cored Coil that you showed us.
    i want people to understand the gist of the process more than just build it and leave it.. Science behind this is paramount.. its 'Use' only reaps as a blessing to individuals.
    How the circuit works: this circuit is inverted version of the standard SSG/SG circuit.
    but its the full regaugue version of it with the use of the Light bulb used in that position.
    Look at the resistor/light bulb, as i said its exact opposite of the battery..ie a battery is a Negistor and the a light buld is a Resistor.. in the Gauge -regauge mechanism process(Tesla-Impulse-Reaction) the resistor becomes more resistive and the negistor becomes more Negative and that is where it is the same as the Electron-extrator like what Stan Meyer does in further boosting the Energy level by Ionizing HHO gas (ie. the Gas atoms get highly charged and the electrons ripped off and sent into the resistor getting 'consumed' there as Power.

Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-28-2018, 11:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    Graph showing pulsing the coil reduces charge time with same input

I wanted to prove whether or not pulsing a coil with a cap pulser was providing any extra benefit, rather than just directly charging a battery with a cap pulser.

Here's a charge chart that shows that pulsing a coil with the Bedini Large Comparator reduces the charge time with the same input.

The black charge curve is displaying the battery being charged with just the output of the Bedini Large Comparator (BLC). The input to the BLC is a lab power supply that has the current set at 2.0A. The BLC is set to discharge the capacitors at 25V.

The red charge curve is displaying the battery being charged with the BLC and the coil, as per the previously posted schematic. The input to the BLC is a lab power supply that has the current set at 2.0A. The BLC is set to discharge the capacitors at 25V.

As you can see by the below chart, the battery was completely charged about 1 hour faster by pulsing the coil with the cap pulser, as opposed to charging it directly with the cap pulser.

Below is an enlarged part of the last part of the black charge curve, showing the battery was charged to 15.409V in 1,299 minutes.

Below is an enlarged part of the last part of the red charge curve, showing the battery was charged to 15.429V in 1,243 minutes - a slightly higher voltage in 56 minutes less.

This a approximately a 5% reduction in charge time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John_Koorn
    replied
    @all,
    Here is my latest circuit... I would like to emphasis one thing in perticular to this topology though.. the input parameters such as the Capacitors, the Coil and the some other things have to of the following specification:
    1) High Voltage/Low capacitance Capacitor you can use the output of a SSG machine to charge this.
    2) Coil bifilar Air-cored
    3) High-impedance light bulb (High-Voltage/low current)
    4)The FWBR has to be a High-Voltage Fast recovery type (descrete assembled), also the Diode on the positive line above 'feeding' the light bulb(Electron extraction element of Stanley Meyer).

Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    Hi Faraday,

can you please explain how your circuit is pulsing the coil with a cap pulser? (as per the thread title)

John K.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X