Zero Force Motor Replication Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Yaro,

Your ZFM motor is looking good. Will be anxious to see it running and view the test results.

Comment

Thanks Gary for the encouragement - there is a way to go on this. As usual, the devil is in the details...

Yaro
      Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
        Hello all,

Been a hectic late summer and the ZFM motor project is finally coming together. The reverse engineered motor is complete for the time being.

As outlined in previous posts this replication has been designed out of plastic water pipe and fittings available in the US at True Value or Ace hardware, the exceptions being the shaft, rotor and timing wheel machined at a local shop. Other parts are all obtained from internet suppliers.

The entire assembly has been designed for ease of fabrication with common and readily available tools. Easy to modify and reassemble as needed.

The proto ZFM motor assembly still requires some minor tuning and alignment. Next step is to work with the timing wheel and the reed switches for firing the running circuit. The firing/control circuit is in process of being completed as the month progresses and it is anticipated that the first rotation tests for proofing the ZFM will happen then.

Attached are several pics of the completed motor.... Patience!

Yaro
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH]
        Yaro,

It looks great many thanks for your efforts! You know I have a disagreement with RS though, after the conference I have to say, I think she'd really sing with a ferromagnetic core. Just a thought

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
          Hello all,

Been a hectic late summer and the ZFM motor project is finally coming together. The reverse engineered motor is complete for the time being.

As outlined in previous posts this replication has been designed out of plastic water pipe and fittings available in the US at True Value or Ace hardware, the exceptions being the shaft, rotor and timing wheel machined at a local shop. Other parts are all obtained from internet suppliers.

The entire assembly has been designed for ease of fabrication with common and readily available tools. Easy to modify and reassemble as needed.

The proto ZFM motor assembly still requires some minor tuning and alignment. Next step is to work with the timing wheel and the reed switches for firing the running circuit. The firing/control circuit is in process of being completed as the month progresses and it is anticipated that the first rotation tests for proofing the ZFM will happen then.

Attached are several pics of the completed motor.... Patience!

Yaro
          Hi Yaro --

The mechanicals and coil assembly are looking good. I finally had some time off from work during my
          company's move into a new manufacturing plant. The building did not pass a few inspections so they had to pay
          all the employees to stay home. Just the time I needed to put together the ZFM prototype drive circuit. Once I
          double check all the wiring to the schematic I will send it up to you for a test drive.

See the attached picture.

-- James McDonald

Attached Files

Comment

ZFM Switching Circuit

Hey James,

That switching circuit for the proto ZFM is looking good. Today starting the tuning work on the timing wheel and reed switch assembly that will trigger the firing and switching circuit. Looking forward to putting it all together over the next week or so. Appreciate your efforts on replicating the circuit from my crappy pics.

Made a dry run with the ZFM at 12 volts to see if the rotor would auto rotate - nope! Needed to nudge the shaft by hand to get it to move - perhaps a bit too much attractive force on the Neo aligning strip and too much resistance in the bearings. However, by increasing the voltage to 24 volts and then giving a momentary power up to the coils auto rotation was achieved. A modest and major step in this odyssey!

As far as Z's suggestion for inserting an iron core into the coils of this puppy, well it will have to wait until the preliminary proto test work is completed and the data reviewed. Once a baseline is established, then further modifications/options will be considered. BTW the two toroidal coils are relatively easily wound by hand, however making a nice and even looking coil with 4 strands requires some expertise and strong hands - beyond this builder's level of expertise. Next coils will be either 2 strand or single strand. More time to wind, but a better result is likely - a smoother and more consistent coil without the major speed bumps and lumps. The air gap between the rotor and coil windings needs to be as tight as practical. More detail on this at a later date.

Best to all,
            Yaro
            Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Intial ZFM Prototype Test Run

Greetings to all,

This past week has certainly been full of surprises on several fronts. The late John Bedini was a major inspiration in pushing me into the world of the unseen and unknown. The ZFM caught my attention at the 2016 Energy Conference and subsequently sucked me into trying to replicate it without my having any real idea of how this would work out from just digital pictures and crude measurements with a piece of graph paper. A Challenge for sure...

Most of the process has been described to an extent within this thread and finally the ZFM beast was assembled. A labor of love that I had hoped to have operational several weeks ago.

In any case, the machine finally was made operational last Wednesday and it would auto rotate when powered up. The initial results were truly underwhelming due in part to an excess of bearing friction and other minor issues. The bearings were removed, the seals trashed and the grease cleaned out of the races. After reinstalling the bearings a light turbine oil was squirted into the bearings for lubrication. The alignment in the ZFM assembly was carefully completed and the net result was worth the effort.

The performance of this prototype at this stage of development is not overwhelming ~200-250 rpm with a draw of 2.8 amps at 24 volts. However meager are these results, there is a proof of concept here.

https://youtu.be/rm6_H9kzqYQ

In essence, the ZFM runs - the reed switches and rotor trigger the Bipolar switch, the coils flip polarity. Now comes the more challenging aspect of the ZFM and that is to realize its full potential in a progressive manner.

In closing, again a huge thank you to all that have helped out in making this ZFM project a reality and, in particular, to John Bedini for his assistance and encouragement

As usual all comments and suggestions relevant to this thread are welcomed!

Stay tuned,

Yaro
              Yaro

Comment

Hi Yaro,

Just watched your video, congratulations for building your ZFM and making it rotate from the available info on it. I do hope it operates close to the principle John intended to teach us. Very sad turns of events that John cannot comment this any more.

Regarding the low rpm performance, it occurs to me that the grade of the 4 rotor magnets (from Neo N36 weakest to N52 strongest) has not been referred to on this forum (or I have missed that info). I believe the stronger the rotor magnets are, the better performance in torque and rpm can be attained.

Perhaps the magnets grade used in the prototype was a question at the Conference from someone to Peter or John?

My other observation from your pictures on your build is that the rotor magnets are too far away from the coils poles, this may also be a reason for the low rpm. I know this can only be remedied by rebuilding the rotor, a problematic and costly process if this too big distance proves indeed to be an issue.

My replication has been on, I asked for some mechanical help at my ex workplace and I have all the components for the bipolar switch to assemble too. Hopefully in one or two weeks time I can switch my build on too.

Greetings
                Gyula

Comment

Thanks for keeping this topic alive everyone.

Congrats on your first replication attempt Jaro - inspiring me to make my own!

Looking forward to seeing the progress as you advance the model.
                  Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Gyula View Post
                    Hi Yaro,

Regarding the low rpm performance, it occurs to me that the grade of the 4 rotor magnets (from Neo N36 weakest to N52 strongest) has not been referred to on this forum (or I have missed that info). I believe the stronger the rotor magnets are, the better performance in torque and rpm can be attained.

Perhaps the magnets grade used in the prototype was a question at the Conference from someone to Peter or John?

My other observation from your pictures on your build is that the rotor magnets are too far away from the coils poles, this may also be a reason for the low rpm. I know this can only be remedied by rebuilding the rotor, a problematic and costly process if this too big distance proves indeed to be an issue.

My replication has been on, I asked for some mechanical help at my ex workplace and I have all the components for the bipolar switch to assemble too. Hopefully in one or two weeks time I can switch my build on too.

Greetings
                    Gyula
                    Hey Gyula,

Thanks for your thoughts and observations.

The magnet question has been on my mind also, but for this effort I went with the readily available N40 grade 0.75" diameter x 0.25" thick. The Neo's are epoxied to the rotor, however a new rotor can always be machined. This modification is a bit further down the road - read below

With respect to the coil to rotor clearance you are correct. A new coil can be wound using the same wire lengths (~280 ft) and expanded on the rotor side by inserting a plastic shim, hence making the final wind a bit fatter on the rotor side. The existing coils are 2.8 to 2.9 ohms and yield a total series resistance of 5.8 to 5.9 ohms. The next set of toroidal coils will be wound with two strands AWG#20 - the original proto coils are 4 strands AWG#20, but getting a consistent and smooth shape is fairly difficult.

Keep us up to date on your build progress,
                    Yaro
                    Yaro

Comment

Try doing this
                      Last edited by min2oly; 11-20-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Was there another video showing the rotor magnets (stopped) and the timing wheel?

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                          Thanks Patrick. Was there another video showing the rotor magnets (stopped) and the timing wheel?

John K.
                          That would have been nice... John mentioned using only 3 poles and the wheel having 8 magnets... perhaps a miss-speak. It doesn't sound like that part was all that important to create the effect though.

Comment

Question. Does the motor in this video represent the principle of the ZFM with a trigger coil? It starts out in the standard SSG configuration and then the coil is flipped horizontal.

DMann

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post
                              Question. Does the motor in this video represent the principle of the ZFM with a trigger coil? It starts out in the standard SSG configuration and then the coil is flipped horizontal.

DMann
                              Hi DMann,

Tom essentially shows the two monopole orientation of the 3-pole monopole ..can you guess what could be the 3 rd orientation..and these three imply..?(in the commentary he does mention about it in the physics terms..) the two dount Magnets are for balancing purpose.. i do'nt think they show any relevance to the ZFM.
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              Last edited by Faraday88; 11-14-2016, 11:45 PM.
                              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by DMANN View Post

DMann
                                DMann,

Yes that is the ZFM effect. It is painful commenting this soon after JB's passing, I feel like there should be a week or month or two off. So much for us lost, pretty sure there is a relationship between gravity and the changing magnetic field JB sure hinted at it, who do we ask now? JB was a little closed about this motor, granted the times are different but it might be a better motor than anything Tesla came up with. Look at the videos I posted (the times are all jumbled but the info is there) . I am not a "gearhead" but my halfasz, half built motor ran well. So yes use big honking mags and distribute the flux ... that's my guess. I honestly don't know but I wonder whether, built well, this motor would run itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X