Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEG - Free energy Generator

Hi guys
    I have posted this over on the energeticforum too. But, this forum seems ju st as active

I have recently finished builing a FEG. I seem to be missing something because although it runs not very smoothly - it is hunting, waiting for the next battery pulse - it does run but slowly drains the battery.Also, it is a bit noisy, that is, it has a high vibration sound.

I am uploading a few pics of the scope output and the actual machine and would appreciate any comments from anyone who may also have dabbled with this project.

I have built the magnets into the flywheel. Machining costs are not cheap. My first FEG attempt kept bouncing off the bench because it was running unbalanced. With the machined parts my FEG runs smoothly, limited bounce. I have used 8 coils with 8 N35 40x20x5 neodymium magnets. The coils are as specified in John Bedini's book. 250 turns .8mm wire My first attempt with older ceramic magnets did not give a very strong output. The scope is showing about 60 volts (20 volt scale) through the diode into the capacitor. Two photos, after discharge - lower voltage and charging 50 volts. When running I have disconnected the pulse follow through charging as it seems to make little difference. However, my caps will only charge up to 32 volts over a period of about 1 second. Thus, I am limited to the size of capacitance. 10000uf is about the maximum at the moment. My run capacitors are a total 13uf for wave smoothing. The time base for the scope is 2ms. The voltage scale is 20 volts. Without a tachometer I am roughing the speed at around 620 RPM. The diameter of the flywheel is 295mm. I have eight coils and eight magnets.

I am using the basic circuit of John Bedini, which I think is supposed to theoretically charge the battery with positive BEMF pulses. That said I have used a Hall sensor to define the changeover of flux through the coil but cannot seem to locate the actual point of pivoting to selectively collect the peak BEMF which should maximise the output to the cap. So I am thinking that I am maybe introducing some negative influence into the capacitor charge that is reducing the effectiveness of the charge prior to discharge into the battery. Result, my circuit needs some development!

It has taken a bit of time to put this FEG together so I am hopeful of getting it to run with the excess output as suggested by John Bedini in his book. Also, to run it a bit quieter. Happy wife, happy life!!

cheers

Dwane
    Attached Files

i wonder if you kept the 8 magnets but used 9 coils it would lower noise and vibration.... (reduced cogging)

But i imagine you have your coils in series and you would have to seperate each one with a bridge rectifier if you went that route and probably have to change windings and or magnet strength

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie Gwilliam View Post
      i wonder if you kept the 8 magnets but used 9 coils it would lower noise and vibration.... (reduced cogging)

But i imagine you have your coils in series and you would have to seperate each one with a bridge rectifier if you went that route and probably have to change windings and or magnet strength
      Hi Brodie,
      Thanks for the interest. The famous Watson energiser used seven magnets and eight coils. It is possible that he rectified his coils independently. Using an offset magnet and coil arrangement is worth looking at. Perhaps at a later date. First I would like to get this running optimally.

I do have my coils in series and it might be possible to still use a parallel approach to extracting the output. However, I have found, at the moment that my output for a single coil is very low. This might change when I get it running properly. I have only tuned the running without any real load or output. When I work out what I have missed, I'll be able to report the changes and efficiences

The noise is more like a buzzing and appears and disappears, so it is possibly speed related or some form of harmonic distortion. It might be possible to tune this out with the run capacitor. I would think that using a magnet and coil offset would still make a noise, could not be sure, hard to think that one through. Requires testing! Although Watson's rig run but notfor long so no details there. Maybe someone out there has constructed such an energiser. Building one of these is not a cheap exercise unless you have a friend who is a machinist!

I am uploading some photos of the relays I have usesd. 85amp, silver/copper contacts about 5ms switching. I got them on Ebay. Excuse the messy wiring still a work in progress!

Cheers

Dwane
      Attached Files

Comment

I have seen the problem. I am running the Energiser too slowly. Also, I don't think I am getting enough BEMF due to this. So I am going to rebuild the controller. Will post again later when I get it up and running

Comment

Originally posted by Dwane Dibley View Post
          Hi guys
          I have posted this over on the energeticforum too. But, this forum seems ju st as active

I have recently finished builing a FEG. I seem to be missing something because although it runs not very smoothly - it is hunting, waiting for the next battery pulse - it does run but slowly drains the battery.Also, it is a bit noisy, that is, it has a high vibration sound.

I am uploading a few pics of the scope output and the actual machine and would appreciate any comments from anyone who may also have dabbled with this project.

I have built the magnets into the flywheel. Machining costs are not cheap. My first FEG attempt kept bouncing off the bench because it was running unbalanced. With the machined parts my FEG runs smoothly, limited bounce. I have used 8 coils with 8 N35 40x20x5 neodymium magnets. The coils are as specified in John Bedini's book. 250 turns .8mm wire My first attempt with older ceramic magnets did not give a very strong output. The scope is showing about 60 volts (20 volt scale) through the diode into the capacitor. Two photos, after discharge - lower voltage and charging 50 volts. When running I have disconnected the pulse follow through charging as it seems to make little difference. However, my caps will only charge up to 32 volts over a period of about 1 second. Thus, I am limited to the size of capacitance. 10000uf is about the maximum at the moment. My run capacitors are a total 13uf for wave smoothing. The time base for the scope is 2ms. The voltage scale is 20 volts. Without a tachometer I am roughing the speed at around 620 RPM. The diameter of the flywheel is 295mm. I have eight coils and eight magnets.

I am using the basic circuit of John Bedini, which I think is supposed to theoretically charge the battery with positive BEMF pulses. That said I have used a Hall sensor to define the changeover of flux through the coil but cannot seem to locate the actual point of pivoting to selectively collect the peak BEMF which should maximise the output to the cap. So I am thinking that I am maybe introducing some negative influence into the capacitor charge that is reducing the effectiveness of the charge prior to discharge into the battery. Result, my circuit needs some development!

It has taken a bit of time to put this FEG together so I am hopeful of getting it to run with the excess output as suggested by John Bedini in his book. Also, to run it a bit quieter. Happy wife, happy life!!

cheers

Dwane
          Hi Dwane,

Just a clue.. try putting a Bridge diode instead of the diode alone.. ponder on the difference!! JB shows a bridge diode in his website..think how you can make use of the week out put of the Energizer to make it stronger....
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            Hi Dwane,

Just a clue.. try putting a Bridge diode instead of the diode alone.. ponder on the difference!! JB shows a bridge diode in his website..think how you can make use of the week out put of the Energizer to make it stronger....
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            That sound like a plan! Do you have a link for that? I thought I had most of the websites, there is a lot of stuff out there for Mr Bedini on his motors.

I am taking out my relays at the moment and going to replace them with IRFP460's. For me the issue I think has been too long at either the motor pulse/flywheel inertia stage. My motor is small 250watts so it might be working too hard. Also, I have the energy there, the battery jumps .4 of a volt when discharging the cap. To my mind the pulse from the cap discharge should be synced with the motor pulse turning on, or momentarily earlier. Due to the lag of the relays this pulse does not seem to be working for me.

Cheers

Dwane

Edit: It has occured to me that you are suggesting a Bridge Rectifier. If so, Mr bedini moved on from that a few years ago. It is my understanding that he prefers the use of a diode as the flyback for the BEMF to the battery. Collecting the positive "radiant" aspect of the current and voltage movements seems to be better accomplished with a single diode. That is how I have understood the position of the alterationin for example the SG energiser.

Cheers
            Last edited by Dwane Dibley; 10-01-2015, 04:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Commutator Mod

Hi,
              I have modified the FEG as per recommendation of Mr Bedini in his booklet. I have found that this change has provided a new intellectual challenge. Clearly, to get this FEG operating requires some thought. It is relatively easy to synchronise the brushes with the switching of the capacitor charge/discharge and motor runtime. However, my coils are not providing sufficient "energy" to maintain the momentum of the flywheel. The situation is worse using the commutator than when I at least had it running off the relays and a timing circuit. With the commutaotor it appears that every pass becomes a motor pulse and cap discharge moment. So either I need a variable counter to enable a sufficient charge time for the Cap, or I need to rewind my coils to provide a low impedance load - get more current through.

It is easy to see why people have not persevered with this machine. Every change requires some engineering cost or material cost of some sort of a walk to the precipice of the unknown. More so a problem when there is no clear horizon of information to illustrate if I am heading in the right direction. It is no wonder that for some people there might be some skepticism as to the validity of the information provided suggesting a simple device!

A lesser mortal might give up. But as I have invested time and energy and money I'll persevere for a little longer. The concept of "Tinkering" is the wrong choice of verb to describe the challenge of getting this thing going.

cheers

Dwane
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                I have modified the FEG as per recommendation of Mr Bedini in his booklet. I have found that this change has provided a new intellectual challenge. Clearly, to get this FEG operating requires some thought. It is relatively easy to synchronise the brushes with the switching of the capacitor charge/discharge and motor runtime. However, my coils are not providing sufficient "energy" to maintain the momentum of the flywheel. The situation is worse using the commutator than when I at least had it running off the relays and a timing circuit. With the commutaotor it appears that every pass becomes a motor pulse and cap discharge moment. So either I need a variable counter to enable a sufficient charge time for the Cap, or I need to rewind my coils to provide a low impedance load - get more current through.

It is easy to see why people have not persevered with this machine. Every change requires some engineering cost or material cost of some sort of a walk to the precipice of the unknown. More so a problem when there is no clear horizon of information to illustrate if I am heading in the right direction. It is no wonder that for some people there might be some skepticism as to the validity of the information provided suggesting a simple device!

A lesser mortal might give up. But as I have invested time and energy and money I'll persevere for a little longer. The concept of "Tinkering" is the wrong choice of verb to describe the challenge of getting this thing going.

cheers

Dwane

Hi Folks!

You guys have to figure out the difference between the Watson Energizer and the SSG this would lead you into the bridge? or Diode ? need accordingly... compare the reason why you can't use a Bridge in a SSG? (not SG) btw THE WATSON ENERGISER needs a Bridge which means the 'diode part' is at play else where.. do you get it?......think think..
                Also see the Bedini website very up closely.... the Magnetic Circuit between the Stator and the Rotor is very important.... i recommand you guys to refer the Advance Hand book of Bedini you would see some thing that is not highlighted there...ummmm! I see in the photos that Aluminium is every where..is this needed???
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                Last edited by Faraday88; 10-29-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Folks!

You guys have to figure out the difference between the Watson Energizer and the SSG this would lead you into the bridge? or Diode ? need accordingly... compare the reason why you can't use a Bridge in a SSG? (not SG) btw THE WATSON ENERGISER needs a Bridge which means the 'diode part' is at play else where.. do you get it?......think think..
                  Also see the Bedini website very up closely.... the Magnetic Circuit between the Stator and the Rotor is very important.... i recommand you guys to refer the Advance Hand book of Bedini you would see some thing that is not highlighted there...ummmm! I see in the photos that Aluminium is every where..is this needed???
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  Hi,
                  thanks for the secretive comments, nudge, nudge - wink, wink!! Before I comment any further, have you actually built one of these machines? And yes, I have read the Advanced book.

Look forward to your reply, in the meantime what is the difference between a homopolar motor and the Kromrey convertor?

Cheers

Dwane
                  Last edited by Dwane Dibley; 10-29-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                    thanks for the secretive comments, nudge, nudge - wink, wink!! Before I comment any further, have you actually built one of these machines? And yes, I have read the Advanced book.

Look forward to your reply, in the meantime what is the difference between a homopolar motor and the Kromrey convertor?

Cheers

Dwane
                    Hi Dwane,
                    I have built the machine on a small scale (Ron cole's size) the G-Field that is...
                    the Homopolar(Homogeneous Conductor) Generator consist of a Copper disc between the poles of a Uniform Magnetic Field, the centre and the periphery of the disc are the pick up points for the Induced e.m.f, the bulk nature of the Disc-conductor attribute to some kind of Overunity effect in the generator. the Kromery convertor is a Flux-gate Generator in the sense of switching the Magnetic Circuit (make -break), the homopolar generator cuts the Field(Lines of Force) that is associated in its path at right angle.
                    but why do you co-relate the two ???
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.
                    Last edited by Faraday88; 10-29-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Dwane,
                      I have built the machine on a small scale (Ron cole's size) the G-Field that is...
                      the Homopolar(Homogeneous Conductor) Generator consist of a Copper disc between the poles of a Uniform Magnetic Field, the centre and the periphery of the disc are the pick up points for the Induced e.m.f, the bulk nature of the Disc-conductor attribute to some kind of Overunity effect in the generator. the Kromery convertor is a Flux-gate Generator in the sense of switching the Magnetic Circuit (make -break), the homopolar generator cuts the Field(Lines of Force) that is associated in its path at right angle.
                      but why do you co-relate the two ???
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      From my perspective one is a development of the other. As you will undoubtedly know the homopolar motor is the Faraday disc. The Faraday disc is literally the mother of invention of either an electric motor or a generator. So simply put one might class the Kromrey generator as a development of the homopolar principle. Then if we take the N Machine of Bruce DePalma we see an inversion of fields, which some have argued make no sense. The sense is the output from the N Machine and the Kromrey machine. Stepping along, we come to John Bedini's intervention with the development of the FEG. This precedes the SSG and the SG that you refer to as being the source that I should look towards. And, I think what you are trying to tell me is to introduce current into the circuit to motivate the BEMF to pulse the magnetic drive of the Rotor. Aluminium is used these days in the construction of Homopolar generators, and especilly for EMP charges, so I thought that you were indicating some electrical conductivity rather than what Watson and myself have used this material for - non magnetic support material.

To my mind, when John Bedini decided to replace his discrete circuit with a commutator, he immediately offered a simplified solution that appealed to me due to its simplicity and elegance. I have no doubt, upon reflection, that his migration to the rotating switch is a workable solution. As is rightly stated in the Advanced book, the "sweet" spot arrives when motor, flywheel and capacitor are balanced. When this occurs then and only then, do I believe, the FEG will be a self runner. I could be wrong and there is something John Bedini has deliberately omitted in his description that has ultimately caused this machine to have been ignored by the general Free Energy community.

If you think I have missed something critical for the operation of the FEG, please do not hesitate to correct me.

Cheers

Dwane

Comment

Working...
                      X