Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Tesla Switch DvD Questions.

Hello,

I purchased the new Energy From the Vacuum #38 DvD The Bedini Tesla Switch and it is wonderful! I would suggest that anyone who is currently studying or has an interest in the Bedini Tesla Switch should buy the 2 disk DvD set.

After watching the DvDs I have a few questions.

1. John said that he would make available the schematic he used from his demo on the DvD. Will that come as a separate email or do we need to request it from someone?

2. On the working build John is tuning the switch while playing the radio but does not go into how that specific part of the demo works or the parts needed. Does anyone have any clue what is needed to do that? It looks like a few caps and a pot but I am not sure.

3. I am working on a replication that I am posting about on a different forum and would like to post more information on my replication attempt however at the same time I don't want to post anything from the DvD that John has not posted publicly more specifically I am at the point on the first DvD where John adds the first Transistor which I think is very important. Has that schematic been made public and if so can I post about my tests in regards to that section of the DvD?

Thank you!

-Altrez

1- the schematic is on the dvd he holds it up there is a still photo. there is also a photo of the circuit board itself, trace side.

2- he is powering the radio with it.

3- not sure what you are talking about. the full schematic is all you need for a complete switch. please refer to the time on the dvd I will watch it again.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      1- the schematic is on the dvd he holds it up there is a still photo. there is also a photo of the circuit board itself, trace side.

2- he is powering the radio with it.

3- not sure what you are talking about. the full schematic is all you need for a complete switch. please refer to the time on the dvd I will watch it again.

Tom C
      Hi Tom,

I saw the schematic but I did not see any reference to the capacitor and potentiometer that is shown in the demo that John is tuning the radio with. John does not draw that part out on the whiteboard. I know you have to rectify the AC to DC to run the Radio but there is also a black electrolytic cap attached to the radio is that there just to act as a smoothing cap? at around the 48 minute mark on DvD one John starts going into the explanation of a 3 battery Tesla Switch and draws a schematic on the whiteboard.

He also says that its important to do these simple experiments first. So thats what I am working on. I just wanted to post pics on a different thread and wanted to make sure that circuit was already public knowledge.

Thank you,

-Altrez

Comment

he is turning a potentiometer to regulate the speed of the switching on the 3524... is that what you are referring to? I will watch the DVD again.

Tom C

Comment

Very explicit DVD's, it was worth buying and watching.

Did anyone was able to replicate a working Tesla Switch that keep all the batteries charged while powering a load ?

I did the 3 batteries test showned in the DVD with;
          - 3 nine volts Lithium rechargeable batteries rated at 980 mA
          - 1 transistor MJL21194
          - 1 optocoupler H11D1
          - 1 frequency generator
          - Load was a 12 Volts 100 mA bulb

I used a low frequency of 8 Hertz to charge the battery.
          When a battery was too low in potential, i switched the low battery with the one being charged and so on... In the end, all the batteries get discharged.
          But maybe this is because i used Lithium batteries.

At the beginning, John talks about the Tesla switch circuit that he used at the Tesla symposium, this circuit used 6 audio transformer (8 ohms:1000 ohms impedance) and the transformers would create the short pulses needed (like a H-wave on the SSG?) to turn on the transistors, but the new circuit with optocouplers do not create the same pulse, it is using square wave at 50 percent duty cycle.

This new circuit will pulse charge the batteries 50 percent of the time, this is a lot more energy dumped in the batteries if you compare to the old original circuit that used short pulses.

Try it, put 24 volts on a 12 volts battery for an instant, the amps will be too much for the battery being charged. You must use the 1/20 of the battery amps/hours for charging, so for a 7 A/hrs the charging current should be 7/20 or 0.35 Amp.
          Maybe if the frequency of the pulse is high enough it will get the dumping Amps lower and help to maintain a decent power pulse into the batteries.
          But at low frequency (less than 20 CPS), i doubt it.

Because of that, i think that if batteries like 7 amps/hours (or more) are used , they will get hot and failed in the end.

Take care.

Comment

over and over again JB shares core principles with us and we must remember its all the kernel of a larger principle. He talks about switching potentials. he also says it is for you to experiment with, he shows the circuit how he did it and the results. with that being said, its the extra potential across the differential you can use to run a load. with fast switching its not about current but voltage.... get the switching right, and the load right and you run into the extreme end of peukerts law where the current draw is so low it does not actually even flow, just the potential across the load. because current lags voltage you can skim the excess potential off the top.

http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/peukert_depth.html

at the end of the DVD he shows a BIG tesla switch with extremely Hi cop, based on a few parameters, watch thru the end and he says a few key things that apply to over unity devices.

Tom C
            Last edited by Tom C; 12-22-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

The circuit schematic was shown on camera. I think it is on disc two.

In the presentation John also wrote out some part numbers and outlined why those particular parts.

The schematic does show most of the parts required. Not all.

In the first video, the video camera captured close ups of both the circuit board John was using and another circuit which appears to have been built from the schematic.

There are resistors in series between the emitters of the MJL21194 transistors and the SB570 diodes. The schematic shows these locations to be jumper wires.
              Resistor values for protection of the opto couplers is not given. These locations are shown as jumper wires too.

As I look at a colour still shot again I think the two resistor values are the same. If this is so then 5 volts applied to the optos given their protection requirements yields ... I need a data sheet.

At this writting I have all the other parts. The schematic I have partially laid out with the component locations in place. Must draw in the traces.
              As I am learning the PCB Designer software that does all this, it is taking me some time.

beatty_dt

Comment

If anyone is interested in building a working Tesla Switch you'll need to pay close attention to everything John says in these DVDs. Otherwise you will miss some key points that you need to know.

The key for me was when John was demonstrating the principle with the three D cells and using very short pulses. If you can't grasp what he's trying to convey there you'll struggle to get one working properly.

I'm hoping to get some time over the Christmas break to build another one and will be posting my progress on this thread.

John K.

Comment

Good to see you here John_Koorn, I would be very interested in your progress, I have been building a tesla switch too, I have built tesla switch's about 6 times. One time I wound a fan motor with multi-strand litz wire and used 6 strands to trigger the 6 transistors, and the AC output to drive the fan, while the fan done it's own switching via the 6 trigger strands the fan worked quite well and done good rpm, and I got 50/50 pulse width.

Here is my latest tesla switch build.

Tom_C do all 6 of the MJL21194's transistors all need to be matched?.

Comment

I will ask JB.... although I think it would need to be, if you had one with a real hi gain and another at the opposite end of the spectrum then I imagine the switch would not function as well as if they were all matched.... personal opinion everything should be matched.

Tom C

Comment

SB570 Schottky Barrier Rectifier Diodes

The SB570 Diodes, that John Bedini Specified in the "Bedini Tesla Switch" DVD are really hard to get. It seems that all the electronic suppliers are all out of stock.

http://nz.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=sb570

http://www.digikey.co.nz/product-sea...KeyWords=sb570

http://component.iiic.cc/index.php?m...cts_id=1514644

The minimum order is 1200, so maybe someone could buy 1200 and we can all purchase from them. With a lead time of 3 months.

If you have a look at the datasheet http://www.diodes.com/datasheets/ds30135.pdf you can see that the SB570, SB580, SB590 and SB5100 all have the same specifications except for the voltage rating.

The SB590 and SB5100 is available on ebay.

You can buy the SB560 from http://nz.rs-online.com/web/c/semico...3D736235373026

John Bedini keeps saying on the DVD "Don't change anything". So that could mean use the SB570's.

I would very much like to, not change anything, but if you cannot get the SB570's we would be forced to change something. Like use different diodes other than the SB570's.

I have used the following Schottky Barrier Rectifier Diodes in my "Bedini Tesla Switch" replication/Build.

2 x SBL3040PT's(30A,40V)http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...SBL3040PT.html and
                      4 x SBL1640PT's(16A,40V)http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...SBL1640PT.html in my tesla switch replication.
                      4 x S16C40C's(16A,40V)http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../S16C40CE.html in my rectifier bridge.

So I did change something.
                      Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 12-24-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hello All,

I am working on understanding the Tesla Switch first before I go to a full build. I am confused by the schematic and then the working device John shows as they seem to be a bit different. All the values and components would good to know. However I am not anywhere close to that part of the build yet. What I am working on now is understanding the pulsing of the batteries.

while I wait for parts I have set up three six volt batteries to test with, the load is connected to a 2n3055 transistor I am using a function generator to pulse the batteries and having good results. The pulses are the key! I know for a fact this technology will work its just going to take time for me time to grasp exactly why it works.

-Altrez
                        Last edited by Altrez; 12-23-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altrez View Post
                          Hello All,

I am working on understanding the Tesla Switch first before I go to a full build. I am confused by the schematic and then the working device John shows as they seem to be a bit different. All the values and components would good to know. However I am not anywhere close to that part of the build yet. What I am working on now is understanding the pulsing of the batteries.

while I wait for parts I have set up three six volt batteries to test with, the load is connected to a 2n3055 transistor I am using a function generator to pulse the batteries and having good results. The pulses are the key! I know for a fact this technology will work its just going to take time for me time to grasp exactly why it works.

-Altrez

Hi,
                          Forget about the pulses for now and just use this schematic below with a low resistance load like a light bulb or dc motor. Take measurements of battery voltages and take amp readings everywhere. This will help you understand what is going on in half the Tesla Switch. Practice loading and unloading the electric motor and see what it does to the inverted battery on the low voltage side.

-Dave Wing
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
                            Hi,
                            Forget about the pulses for now and just use this schematic below with a low resistance load like a light bulb or dc motor. Take measurements of battery voltages and take amp readings everywhere. This will help you understand what is going on in half the Tesla Switch. Practice loading and unloading the electric motor and see what it does to the inverted battery on the low voltage side.

-Dave Wing
                            Hi Dave,

I have already spent at least 500 hours running those tests and manually switching the batteries.

Thanks,

-Altrez

Comment

Ok Altrez,

You say the pulses are the key... Key to what?

-Dave Wing

Comment

Working...
                              X