No announcement yet.

Bedini Tesla Switch DvD Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesgray3rd, Thankyou for your comments. It is amazing, you can see from all the scope shots of the battery ringing, it doesn't matter if it is triggered from stay frequencies from DC-DC converters, or if the "4 Battery Bedini Switch" is having bursts of battery resonances while running, or if I Tap a screwdriver on the output.

The frequency of resonance is always the same.

Very Interesting.

Super Ultra Awesome

Most
    kindest
    Regards
    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-22-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Great work Nityesh!

John K.

Comment

• Hi Nityesh,

That ringing looks a lot like the ringing I get with my SSG on both batteries. When I expand it out, it usually reads 833MHZ on the scope. I assume the frequency is determined by the battery impedance? I use a small sniffer coil to pick up the signal from the battery leads.

Comment

• Hi Gary

Hmmm...you can do that???
          Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Comment

• Hi James,

Originally posted by jamesgray3rd View Post
            Hi Gary

Hmmm...you can do that???
            Yeah. Here's a link to one of my old posts from my old machine. My newer machine throws much bigger spikes and ringing than the old one. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/al...achmentid=2227
            Last edited by Gary Hammond; 11-22-2015, 08:55 PM. Reason: correct spelling error

Comment

• Hi Gary

I looked at that...and...SWEET! I gota' have me one! Please share the specs on your sniffer coil!

Comment

• Here is another scope shot, looks like the battery is changing polarity, for a very short time, like a back emf of a coil.

Could it be that this, changing polarity, for a very short time, is showing a type of electricity that lights a reverse biased LED.

It would be good to find out if any one else can get similar scope shots, just to verify things.

Kind
                Regards
                Nityesh Schanderbeck
                Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-22-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Hi Nityesh, I have seen spikes like that on some of my Tesla Switches. But I don't have one running right now.

I do have a Ron Cole Par Switch that is semi operational I can check for you.

@James, if you can find a scrap MWO get the coil out of the turntable motor to use as a sniffer coil.

John K.

Comment

• Thankyou John_Koorn for your help and comments.

I turned off everything that could cause interference, smart phone, external hard drive, etc. Except For the computer I am running the scope interface on.

I found out that sharp transients from the environment can also trigger battery ringing. A sharp magnetic pulse can also trigger a sniffer coil to resonate.

Here is another method of monitoring the effect of back spikes on the battery, I thought I would share an old experiment.
                    The sniffer coil shows current pulses into the battery, while the below method sees the voltage spikes across the battery without disturbing the charging. One method(sniffer coil) sees current pulses and the bellow method sees voltage pulses, it depends on what you wish to do.

Connect the capacitor end across the charging battery, and connect a scope to the coil. You can adjust the signal gain from the number of turns on the coil. Using Litz wire will help, a lot the see the high frequency transients.

Thankyou everyone for your posts

Most
                    Kindest
                    Regards
                    Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                    Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-23-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• John K & Nityesh

John. Assuming next, I then hook my scope lead to one end and the ground to the other, and then place the core close to the cable?

Thank you both.
                      Last edited by James_Somewhere_In_Idaho; 11-23-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Hi James,

Originally posted by jamesgray3rd View Post
                        Hi Gary

I looked at that...and...SWEET! I gota' have me one! Please share the specs on your sniffer coil!
                        I unwound about 50 turns of #23 and #26 from the very first coil (900 bifilar turns) I got from Rick a few years back. I wound it up on a 3" long piece of 3/4" pvc pipe which was about half the diameter of the coil I was unwinding. So it has maybe 100 turns of #23 and #26 wound together but not twisted. I hooked the two wires in series for a combined total of maybe 200 turns and taped over it to keep it coiled so I could use it as a sniffer coil. It's really pretty crude, but it works well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07609.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	811.7 KB
ID:	47181

Name:	DSC07610.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	47182

Name:	DSC07615.jpg
Size:	1,018.9 KB
ID:	47183

In the bottom photo, channel 1 is across one of the main coil windings and channel 2 is across the sniffer coil. The leads to the charging battery are parallel to the sniffer coil windings. You can also run a lead through the center of the sniffer coil, but the signal is much weaker that way.

Notice that the voltage spike across the transistor is a good 20 volts above the battery voltage and the amplitude of the ringing in the sniffer coil is 48.31 volts at 853.66 KHZ.
                        Last edited by Gary Hammond; 11-23-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Gary

Nice! Thank you. I'll bet you, with enough experience, one could judge the condition of the battery, and see how well it is de-sulfiding with that method!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesgray3rd View Post
                            John K & Nityesh

John. Assuming next, I then hook my scope lead to one end and the ground to the other, and then place the core close to the cable?

Thank you both.
                            Yes, the sniffer coil core next to the wire. You can also experiment using a hall sensor, next to the wire too.

Just an idea, how about using a play/record head from an old tape deck as a sniffer. I bet that would work good.

kind
                            regards
                            Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                            Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-23-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• I watched "The Bedini Tesla Switch" DVD Disk2 again, saw how John Bedini connected, the extra 4 LEDs, 2 red and 2 yellow, (not shown on the white board) on his working demonstration. The LEDs are bypassing, the diodes on the negatives of the batteries and the reverse biased LED. I have added those LEDs in my 4 Battery Bedini Tesla Switch. Shown below.

The 4 LEDs are flashing like on John Bedini's demonstration. Now I can see the switch switching, from the indicator LEDs.

Here are some results so far. Running without a load.

B1 B2 B3 B4 Time
                              4.85V 4.98V 4.98V 5.01V 3:00am
                              4.86V 5.01V 4.99V 5.01V 3:24am
                              4.86V 5.07V 5.01V 4.95V 9:05am
                              4.85V 5.08V 5.01V 4.94V 10:08am
                              4.86V 5.08V 5.01V 4.95V 10:50am
                              4.87V 5.08V 5.01V 4.96V 11:57am
                              4.88V 5.03V 5.01V 4.96V 1:56pm
                              4.84V 5.06V 5.01V 4.96V 2:22pm
                              Now I can see all 4 batteries changing voltages. That is a very good sign.

If or when I get this 4 Battery Bedini Tesla Switch working, then I can apply the same, mods to the " Tri-Symmetrical 3 battery Tesla switch"

Most
                              Kindest
                              Regards
                              Nityesh Schnaderbeck
                              Last edited by Nityesh Schnaderbeck; 11-24-2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Hi Nityesh

Very nice...The symmetry of your layout always amazes me...very intuitive. Again, the batteries seem to want to seek a balance...very good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X