Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Tom C,
    What do you mean with wide open spot?
    there definitely is a rate at which the cap charges faster and its not the wide open spot
    Never tried to measure the output with capacitor, but when using led's I see some points in the frequency range where they suddenly light very bright. When looking on the scope I see the output signal changing from sine wave to block wave (what offcourse is the reason for the sudden change in brightness), don't now if this are resonance points because normally the frequencies should be the harmonic, or there are different frequencies for the different batteries? At the moment I'm looking into this phenomenon to be sure I don't have a problem with the switching.
    Do you have this sudden changes when you change the frequency over a wide range?

Comment

• Bruno,

sorry should have been more clear. with the potentiometer set to zero resistance(which puts the resistance at 4.7K) that in my mind is the T/S/ running as fast (wide open) as possible, the cap did not seem to charge as fast as when it was running slower, to the point where I can see the LED's flash a bit. that's all I mean.

I think there will be a place where the battery in the dump to location is charged the best.

I have not done much scope work yet, other than to look at the SG output to the opto's and a look across the LED's still not happy with how it is running. I am sure the battery you are charging plays a huge part in the circuit.
      Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Tom,

Strange thing happened today when I whas working around that point where the sine wave did go to block wave and the led's brightness was at it most brightest I've seen. The 8051 ic stopped working and after replacement I couldn't get that change from sine to block at certain frequency. While it was working with the old ic, I watched the puls signals on 2 scopes, one on the pulses to the optos and one on the output of the TS.
        There whas no change to the wave to the optos, frequency 477hz, 50/50 duty with the old and the new 8051. The only thing I can think of is that there where harmonics but I looked with the spectrum analyzer and also didn't see any difference.
        My point is that there is a way to control the optos to have an output signal almost double in power then with normal puls of SG. But I have no clue what did it. It's not that there is a problem with my optos because the new ic is again running for an hour, also the previous had no problems only that switching point.
        To bad the ic stopped working because the batterie voltage made great jumps also when the led's where that bright. My batterie 4 went from 10.35V to 10.45V in half hour, the other (3) whas depleting but with the load changed, the other (3) batterie went to 10.45V and 4 whas depleting.

Now with the new ic 2 led's are connected to the output and battery voltage stays the same for over an hour. I took the frequency where the peaks of the sine wave start to get smaller (this was approx the point where the wave went from sine to block with old 8051)
        Whatever the reason whas, I'm conviced that output can be doubled.

Comment

• the output side of 8051 is isolated from the hi side the opto. unless you are injecting more current on the output side of the opto some how (the current from the opto flows thru the base to collector to ground, that is where something may be added) you may be seeing more current to the base that is my only thought. I am not familiar with the 8051.
          unless there is a floating ground somewhere.

Tom C

Tom C

Comment

• bruno, why are you using an 8051? Don't want to detract you but didn't JB say not to change anything until you get it working?

Also, what type of batteries are you using? If they are 12v batteries and you are running them at 10.x volts you aren't going to succeed. Not having a go at you, just want you to succeed.

John K.

Comment

• Hello John K.,
              Because I was not happy with the deviations of the 50/50 cycle and couldn't get it like I would, I took the 8051 to puls. Now I have just 1 micro sec switching on time and practically no deadzone (even looking on 1micro sec scale)on the front and the back of puls stage 2. When I get the circuit to work I can see what the influence is in working with the greater deadzone (in front and back of puls2) of the SG3524. My batteries stay much better charged now, but still no charging above started voltage. But it did happened to go higher when the puls changed from sine to block.
              My batteries in the test setup used for this are 4 x (8x1.2V).

@Tom,
              The only thing I can see is that through the oscilloscope mass current is drawn, altough I have seperate 1:1 transformer before the scope (measuring the TS output) and for the pulses to optos a Velleman usb pc scope (normally no influence from there).
              It keeps me puzzling, because it not always happend and only with the old now defective 8051.
              I now orderd a function generator because I want to study also resonance for the retroflective part, because I think it's more important then the negative resistors talked about. Because when you look in the book of Tom Bearden he states that one has to go in the nano second switching range to work with those, so a dead zone of 5 micro sec is like a snail who wants to cross the road in comparison. So therefore I'm now going in learning more about the retroreflection. Offcourse I can be totally wrong, 99 precent change even but I really noticed improvent with the better 50/50 duty.

I really would like to go to only use the SG but I need to understand what is important for the switch to work like it supossed to do. The 50/50 duty cycle as stated here previous on the forum is for me at the moment a proven fact, but I'm still learning and thank you all for the comments and help.

I also understand what you mean John. K with "not having a go at you" and I don't see it that way, for me this is serious matter and I want to think through on the why and how.
              Last edited by bruno; 02-03-2015, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• I forgot to mention that I'm not leaving out the existence of the negative resistors, because the use off iron dopped aluminium can extend the life time, maybe this is also for the materials used inside battery. But for now my first priority is understanding more off retroreflection. Why didn't I have such intresting lessons 20 years ago on school

Comment

• when I whas searching info on the retroreflection I came across another document of Tom Bearden:
                  I gave several ways of possibly extracting (diverging into the circuit and using) more of that Heaviside energy flow. The simplest and proven way (COP = 18) is the Bohren experiment which simply places the intercepting "unit point charge" into resonance. Thus the Bohren resonating charge sweeps out a greater geometrical reaction cross section area in the impinging energy flow, and collects more of the otherwise "missing a static charge" energy flow adjacent to a static collecting charge.

If -- after it has passed the circuit -- you retroreflect the Heaviside energy flow component back across the same circuit, you will get an additional Poynting collection by the surface charges, and get more energy. If you iterate this retroreflection, you get an overunity process, IF you do not use the common closed current loop circuit which uses half of the collected energy to destroy the dipole faster that one can power the load. Instead, one might adapt Tesla's "one wire circuit" between two widely separated capacitors connected by a long conductor. The best way, of course, is Letokhov's "negative absorption of the medium" which is excess emission from optically active, highly scattering media.
                  (comming from http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/tbinfos.htm )

Am I correct that the resonance inside the tesla switch or the one wire transmission is ment with the resonant point charge so the frequency can be influenced by the tesla coil or battery and not some frequency that is related to a charge itself and is always the same?

Comment

• Hello all --

"John Bedini keeps saying on the DVD
                    "Don't change anything". So that could mean use the SB570's.
                    The minimum order is 1200, so maybe someone could buy 1200 and we can all purchase from them.
                    With a lead time of 3 months."

I will have 1200 SB570 diodes on 4-15-2015. Anyone who wants to get some from me can after
                    that date. These diodes are only made in Tawain under another part number of SR507. I believe that
                    Diodes Incorperated buys them from Tawain and has them marked with their part number SB570.

-- James

Comment

• James, small quantities of SB570 can be ordered from Mouser. However they are currently out of stock.

I ordered some SB550 from my local (Australian) online store. They'll be here today. The only difference is they are rated at 50V, whereas the SB570 are rated at 70V.

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                        James, small quantities of SB570 can be ordered from Mouser. However they are currently out of stock.

I ordered some SB550 from my local (Australian) online store. They'll be here today. The only difference is they are rated at 50V, whereas the SB570 are rated at 70V.

John K.
                        Hi John --

Yes, I know that you can order small quantities from Mouser but you will still wait 13 weeks before you
                        get any from them or from any one else for that matter. I had them quote me prices for 500 pieces before I
                        bought 1200 pieces from Arrow Electronics. I will have 1200 of SB570 diodes available for resale to who ever
                        wants them. They will be in my hands on 4-15-2015. If Tom C. wants to buy from me for his Tesla Switch kits
                        he will get a very special price. Buying 1 from Mouser Electronics costs 0.89 cents for 1 to 10 pieces plus the
                        shipping costs. Buying 500 pieces from Mouser Electronics costs 0.43 cents per piece plus shipping costs. The
                        1200 piece cost is 0.33 cents per piece. I will be at the 2015 Conference and will bring SB570 diodes with me.
                        I believe that John Bedini picked out the SB570 diode for the RMS voltage it is rated for. The SB570 is only sold
                        through Diodes Incorporated in Texas but they buy them already made in Taiwan under a different part number
                        (SR507) and have them marked with the Diodes Incorporated part number of SB570.

James

Comment

• HI!
                          where can downloads video EFTV part 38 ?

Comment

• you cannot download it, it is only available for physical delivery.
                            http://www.teslagenx.com/dvds/eftv_3...ategory=bedini

Tom C
                            Last edited by Tom C; 04-29-2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Hello there, lock of time doesn't let me enough to read everything, any way how far have you advanced and good are you doing, I look forward for your reply, Thanks

Comment

• Lol Niklag, I find the time to read everything when I'm doing test runs on my Tesla Switch.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X