Linear regulator amplifier from JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linear regulator amplifier from JB

John has the new linear regulators available from the conference. the new device puts out pure DC from an SG running in generator mode. the output is adjustable and you can dial it in for the type of battery you are using. they are the same price as the large comparator.

the operation and theory of the device is shown on DVD 37 and was presented at the conference this year. it is one of the links in the chain of using the SG to power your loads. you can put other things besides batteries on the back end.

right now the current model provides about 2 amps for loads.

once the battery is restored by pulse charging you can continue to use the SG by adding the regulator circuit to run small loads and DC charge batteries.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thank you for the info Tom C. I am waiting on that DVD to arrive....what happens to the input current when we connect a 2A load off the Regulator?

Comment

it did not change the rpm or output of the SG when it was powering a load at the conference. its like a regulated DC power supply. it gives what it gives and no more. the spike is captured in a cap and fed to the Beta multiplier, then to a linear amp. it runs like a solar tracker on the output side. the advantage to this device is it allows you to pulse charge and then keep your batteries topped with pure DC it has a potentiometer adjustable set point for the output voltage which can be set for lead acid or lithium iron phosphate , whatever style of battery you are charging.

Tom C

Comment

Tom, From what website are the new linear regulator and DVD 37 available?
        Thanks, Ron

Comment

we do not have them up on the website yet, they were just released on Saturday. send an email to sales@teslagenx.com we will send you an order link.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            we do not have them up on the website yet, they were just released on Saturday. send an email to sales@teslagenx.com we will send you an order link.

Tom C
            That's so cool! I wonder if it will work off my solid state ssg with cpd mod?? We shall find out!

Comment

Tom C, would you happen to know of a good link to learn more about what a beta Multiplier is as well as a linear amp...i have two years of college electronics but we didn't cover beta multipliers...it sounds like an amp or a darlington transistor..i would consider that at beta multiplier but im probly way out to lunch...is the linear amp linear interms of frequency?

Comment

Joster,

yes a beta multiplier is a darlington pair, a linear amp is just pure DC configured to regulate current not voltage. pure DC at whatever you set it at. it is what is in the solar Trackers John builds. it will convert any pulsed DC at whatever voltage (up to the cap limits) to DC.

DVD 37 has an explaination of how it works in block diagram, with a few circuit details. JB had some special power transistors made just for this circuit.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  Joster,

yes a beta multiplier is a darlington pair, a linear amp is just pure DC configured to regulate current not voltage. pure DC at whatever you set it at. it is what is in the solar Trackers John builds. it will convert any pulsed DC at whatever voltage (up to the cap limits) to DC.

DVD 37 has an explaination of how it works in block diagram, with a few circuit details. JB had some special power transistors made just for this circuit.

Tom C
                  incredible thank you

Comment

here is the energenx video for it
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l8BE-PUNHM

Tom C

Comment

Hi Joster,

If I might add to the words of Tom C, after you watch the video from the link, you can read about the workings of it as well in the Tesla Solar Tracker 5 thread. John Bedini has shared with us and disclosed a lot of info there about the TST5 and the Linear Amp Regulator for the SSG, even before the conference. Basically John was guiding me step by step what I must learn in order to understand it as I am novice in electronics.
                      The Linear Amp Regulator is modified TST5 circuit that can handle the spikes of the SSG and transform them in pure DC. The Beta Multiplier is also a filter in this case. As you can read in the TST5 thread, the Linear Amp Regulator converts the wave shape three different ways.
                      It is indeed and an incredible circuit.

Regards
                      Lman

Comment

Originally posted by Lman View Post
                        Hi Joster,

If I might add to the words of Tom C, after you watch the video from the link, you can read about the workings of it as well in the Tesla Solar Tracker 5 thread. John Bedini has shared with us and disclosed a lot of info there about the TST5 and the Linear Amp Regulator for the SSG, even before the conference. Basically John was guiding me step by step what I must learn in order to understand it as I am novice in electronics.
                        The Linear Amp Regulator is modified TST5 circuit that can handle the spikes of the SSG and transform them in pure DC. The Beta Multiplier is also a filter in this case. As you can read in the TST5 thread, the Linear Amp Regulator converts the wave shape three different ways.
                        It is indeed and an incredible circuit.

Regards
                        Lman
                        awesome! thanks! looks like I have some reading to do!

Comment

I can't seem to find the thread you are talking about where it gives details on the linear regulator...found a Solar Tracker 5 thread but not much in there on the linear reg...

Originally posted by Joster View Post
                          awesome! thanks! looks like I have some reading to do!

Comment

Joster,

Sorry, the name of the thread is "160 Amp solar Tracker 5", my bad.
                            Here it is : http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=1445

Lman

Comment

What is the primary battery doing?

I watched the new vid and didn't see what is going on with the primary battery.

Is the info included in the vid, if not why not?

Thanks,

bro d

Comment

Working...
                              X