Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erfinder
    This is the most important thing that you have brought to this discussion, hopefully it won't be your last. You are viewing an uncontrolled version of what you want, learn from it and do something with it!

Regards
    Good to see you are still with us. Please continue to teach and share. The more you type, someone is bound to understand and learn from you.

Comment

• First Attempt

Hi All,
      This is my first attempt in researching the erfinder's shared research.
      Electrical-geometrical set up is as drawn on the next picture:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	set_up1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	46224
      Windings are trifilar (but for this first setup only 2 of the windings were connected in series). Every single of the 3 windings on each spool is 24mH (1000 turns 0.27mm)

Connected in series it gives ~98mH. With the third "control" winding shortened it gives ~8mH (~12 times less! Eager to try the variable parameter switching. Thank you erfinder! )

The rotating disk was ply-wooden, suspended on ply-wooden console with mounted on the other side Honeywell DC motor. Intention was to use it at this stage as bearing, and for testing the balance of the system, by spinning the DC motor.
      Despite it looks ugly, it was well balanced, as i'we spun it up to 6000 RPM and there wasn't significant vibration.

Name:	IMG_1212[1].jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	46225
      Only 3 spools were placed in order to make the first test, as outer 2 were placed shifted in order to be relatively phase-shifted from the inner spool (as in the drawing).

When the disk was spun, the following wave was generated.

Which i see it as following combination (sin(x)+sin(3x) > 1st plus 3rd harmonic):

Name:	render_sin(x)_plus_sin(3x).jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	46227
      I've tried also inverted middle winding, and it resulted in the following wave (sin(x)-sin(3x) > 1st minus 3rd harmonic):

Name:	render_sin(x)_minus_sin(3x).jpg
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	46228
      I've expected to see thou sin(x) +/- cos(2x+pi) > 1st and 2nd harmonic, orthogonal shifted...

As a whole the waves were not good sines... give it inaccurate radial passing and shape of the magnets (even thou they're extremely strong) ... the spool probably does not wrap the magnet entirely... (magnets have trapezoid shape and bigger surface than the inner circular area of the spool and thus resulting in inaccurate sines and phase shift...)

I'm going to use smaller but circular magnets to see whether the sines will be more in shape ... and will try different connections and dispositions...

P.S. Unrelated to this current test set up, I've shortened manually and disconnected the "control" winding, while the rotor was spun, just to see what could be on the oscilloscope ... ... strong decaying oscillations... similar to these (http://sep.csumb.edu/esse21/images/b...cillations.jpg ...It will be interesting! But later... thanks again erfinder!

Any comments are very welcome.
      Kindest regards,
      Kiril
      Attached Files

Comment

• Is this Geomerty of the coil serving the same purpose on JB website with a central sphere rortor type of window motor..??
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by guyzzemf View Post
          the video i did is not good but this is . dad hav did this with his out runner/witch has a core .i just took the windings off a A motor and formed them into a c shape so i could as much of the windings around magnets . dad hav prime mover was a dremel tool
          the trigger is in with the A MOTOR/ Window motor windings .the prime mover was a std. ssg
          i never thought that the front end would be a place to tap now that i see dad hav @ erfinders video again i do. it was long ago
          the circuit is a std, ssg front end closed [i know now caped and tap for recovery ] i think i was at 3=4 k at base
          this video is old and not setup same but change one thing it is
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-QF2xj9T9s
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3362[/ATTACH]
          this video is what i copied
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlO8UDsc-Fc

Is this Geometry of the coil serving the same purpose as the one in on JB website with a central sphere rotor type of window motor..??
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            Is this Geometry of the coil serving the same purpose as the one in on JB website with a central sphere rotor type of window motor..??
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            Faraday88

no i don't think so i just wanted as much of the windings on south side as the north tried to be like a shakeup flashlight that fired a trane
            since there is no battery the trigger needs as much as it can get by inductance so it fires harder [if i remember right] the prime mover needs to run on as little as possible [a 1/2 wave] its been a wile
            guy

ps-Dave Squires
            http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/dsqromg2.htm
            Last edited by guyzzemf; 04-23-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by erfinder
              I am so happy you are here.....no guidance...just a few statements and you are seeing exactly what you are supposed to! I don't respond to you as much as I should, but you don't need me to! Keep exploring, and in no time I will be learning from you, I'm not looking for peer review, I want to exchange with my peers!

Regards
              Great compliment, it's because of you that shared your research

I still have difficulties, particularly with the geometry of the coils and/or the distance between the poles

As I've mentioned, suspected that uneven sine waves, were due to a shape of magnets and distance btw the poles... and tried last night the following rotor topology:

Name:	rotor 12 25 ply.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	46232
              i.e. 12 mangents, alternating poles and distance between each magnets exactly the diameter of the magnet...

But the 2*f or f/2 didn't show up .... tried few different coils, besides these (trapezoid magnets were from previous set-up, not used now):

Name:	IMG_1215.jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	46233

Tried with doubled diameter in one direction, twisted, c-shaped, surrounding 1, 1.5, 2 poles, between the and slanted to the poles, etc.... there was 3rd harmonic, but could't observe the 2nd...

I think, that the distance btw the poles was too short compared to the size of the windings...
              Some hint or suggestion...

Kindest regards,
              Kiril

Comment

• Kiril,
                If I understood correctly translating to Portuguese, you are unable to rotate your device. I have done some testing and this is a good measure as follows: I have used for the core, area 4 times the area of the magnet, and the spacing between the magnets to centralized centers of the coils (if you know what I mean). Therefore, I think your magnet is saturating (even more if neodymium) the core of the coil. Maybe you should decrease the size of the magnet and keep the size of the coil. For the format of the coil I use Brooks square section and air core.
                PS Sorry because I'm translating from Portuguese to English.
                A hug,
                Izauro.
                Last edited by izaurobm; 04-24-2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by izaurobm View Post
                  Kiril,
                  If I understood correctly translating to Portuguese, you are unable to rotate your device. I have done some testing and this is a good measure as follows: I have used for the core, area 4 times the area of the magnet, and the spacing between the magnets to centralized centers of the coils (if you know what I mean). Therefore, I think your magnet is saturating (even more if neodymium) the core of the coil. Maybe you should decrease the size of the magnet and keep the size of the coil. For the format of the coil I use Brooks square section and air core.
                  PS Sorry because I'm translating from Portuguese to English.
                  A hug,
                  Izauro.
                  Thank you for suggestion I'll think about it.

I still don't try to rotate set-up it itself. It's being spun by the motor, attached on the other side (serving as well as bearing console). I'm searching specific wave-shapes, result of the specific wiring, and space between the coils (unequal to the magnets spacing). See the graphs attached two my posts back.

Are you researching same or similar, suggested by erfinder set-up?

Kindest regards and thak you for plugging in,
                  Kiril

Comment

• Kiril,
                    I do not have equipment to make measurements, such as oscilloscopes, etc.. Only use multimeters and testing lamps and a coil to run and another to get the effect generator (or capture). I have tested several options and we got better results is the Erfinder. With the equipment that I can not define very well what I'm getting recovery or supply. I can only measure input and output. I'm filled with coils of wire gauges 20, 22, 26 and 28 shooting. Only after obtaining a satisfactory result is that I intend to mount a device with more coils.
                    A hug,
                    Izauro

Comment

• I am not going to say much, because i don't know anything yet... still researching about this, but perhaps it will help. Part one of two.

Dave Wing
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Dave Wing; 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Part two...

Dave Wing
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Wow. Thirty eight pages of posts, and the posts that actually address Bill's (the O.P.) topic are only on pages 1 and 3. Does anyone recall the title of this thread? FYI, it is "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25".

I understand how we can get carried away discussing things about which we are passionate. But, honestly, I think that hijacking someone's thread to the point where it quite likely has become useless to them, is rude. Even the moderator fueled this off-topic discussion. Is that really what forum moderators are supposed to do here?

I may be new here, but I have read through a number of multiple-page threads. And I think there is (at least) one here who functions as a disruptor. If you look back, you can see that the disruption started on page 1.

Do you folks not know how to start your own thread? Maybe that's why there is a FAQ that explains it. If you go to FAQ > Board FAQ > General Forum Usage , you will find, "To start a new thread simply click on the + Post New Thread button (you may need the right permissions to do this)."

Was it perhaps considered acceptable to hijack Bill's thread because it is the concerted opinion that his idea, based on JB's "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25", is impractical?

Regards,
                          Terry
                          Last edited by Botster; 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM. Reason: whitespace

Comment

• Originally posted by Botster View Post
                            Wow. Thirty eight pages of posts, and the posts that actually address Bill's (the O.P.) topic are only on pages 1 and 3. Does anyone recall the title of this thread? FYI, it is "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25".

I understand how we can get carried away discussing things about which we are passionate. But, honestly, I think that hijacking someone's thread to the point where it quite likely has become useless to them, is rude. Even the moderator fueled this off-topic discussion. Is that really what forum moderators are supposed to do here?

I may be new here, but I have read through a number of multiple-page threads. And I think there is (at least) one here who functions as a disruptor. If you look back, you can see that the disruption started on page 1.

Do you folks not know how to start your own thread? Maybe that's why there is a FAQ that explains it. If you go to FAQ > Board FAQ > General Forum Usage , you will find, "To start a new thread simply click on the + Post New Thread button (you may need the right permissions to do this)."

Was it perhaps considered acceptable to hijack Bill's thread because it is the concerted opinion that his idea, based on JB's "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25", is impractical?

Regards,
                            Terry
                            If you've read the 38 pages, probably you've noticed that the owner of the thread was asked whether the discussion should go in this direction.
                            Obviously, you haven't.... So, better stay quiet, and don't try to add a noise, explaining how to start new topic, unless you do not want to contribute the current content of the topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiril_Kirilov View Post
                              If you've read the 38 pages, probably you've noticed that the owner of the thread was asked whether the discussion should go in this direction.
                              Obviously, you haven't.... So, better stay quiet, and don't try to add a noise, explaining how to start new topic, unless you do not want to contribute the current content of the topic.
                              Thinking I may have missed something, I went through Bill's eight posts. Nowhere does he consent to his thread being hijacked. As a matter of fact, on page 7 (post #61), 'erfinder' admits to hijacking Bill's thread and promises to stop. Then, on page 8, people start asking erfinder to continue the discussion (ie. hijacking). Please tell me, where exactly, Bill (the owner of the thread) was asked if his thread could be taken off topic -- so that I may see my error.

And about adding noise, anything in a thread about "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25" that is not about "Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25" is noise.

I wondered what kind of response I would get. An apology to Bill would have been more appropriate.

Comment

• You have nothing better to do than to attempt to cause strife?

There is much good information here, this thread shows how to build a wind generator plus much more. I don't think anyone meant any harm or offence to Bill and I Never heard him complain about it either.

So no damage done as far as I am concerned.

Dave Wing

Comment

Working...
                                X