Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
    I did. I've watched a number of times to try to figure out if it says 350' on top of the spool (I think so...)
    The pancake coils I was thinking of would be made of speaker wire or lamp cord, etc...lots more copper, and much thicker insulation than magnet wire...350' of coils can be compacted. heck, 1' of ethernet cable has 8' of wire in it...wire not too different from your magnet wire
    What it gets down to is just how much inductance is needed for the effect - pancake coils could be stacked as required until sufficient is my supposition, and one that needs testing to support or refute no doubt
    I used some wire on that spool so I'd guess there's at least 250 to 300 feet.

For Tesla bifilar series winding method, I'd use a solenoid style wind rather than pancake for more inductance but you mind find something interesting with the added capacitance in the coil when charged. I didn't test that yet.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• just to clarify - you put the spool between diode and primary?

Comment

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
        just to clarify - you put the spool between diode and primary?
        Did you see the presentations? I put it in there. Watch my plasma ignition and Grey tube/motor videos on Youtube. I lay the whole thing out.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• It's time to re-shoot those videos: cameras/lighting and gimbal technologies have vastly improved, as has monitor resolution with end users/viewers and network delivery speeds. Further, I'd even suggest putting them on D-Tube if you have concerns over censorship and/or demonetization.

Comment

• Plasma ignitionFeatured snippet from the web

The plasma ignition system is the structure involving direct ignition as is which can output both spark (by the high voltage) and microwave from a spark plug tip by mixing microwave of 1kw class 2.45GHz in the pathway of a high voltage supplied to the spark plug from the second coil of the ignition coil as shown in Fig.....

https://www.denso-ten.com/business/t...f/Vol01-10.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by firozmusthafa
              I just discovered that ferrocene mixed with polyisobutylene succinimide (PIBSI) is great for improving fuel economy (my bike showed about 5kmpl improvement, generator got an additional 40 minutes run time and my car got about 8kmpl improvement which is shocking, probably its because of multiple cylinders). With pure ferrocene I never experienced increased fuel economy, but it did improve acceleration.

I made this concoction to improve knock index and improve cleaning properties of fuel. It turns out, it is really cost effective and more potent cleaner when compared to commercial products, and it really is extremely good at improving fuel economy. I am not saying this out of placebo effect, many of my relatives and friends also responded with comparable results (However, fuel injected engines are not yet tested). Maybe its due to the viscosity change in fuel that causes reduced fuel consumption in case of carbureted engines with this mix.

Ferrocene Spark plug deposits are not forming with this mix as well.
              you mix these in with your fuel in what proportion?

Comment

• Originally posted by scilover View Post
                Plasma ignitionFeatured snippet from the web

The plasma ignition system is the structure involving direct ignition as is which can output both spark (by the high voltage) and microwave from a spark plug tip by mixing microwave of 1kw class 2.45GHz in the pathway of a high voltage supplied to the spark plug from the second coil of the ignition coil as shown in Fig.....

https://www.denso-ten.com/business/t...f/Vol01-10.pdf
                I couldn't find a date of publication on the pdf. how current is it?
                I've begun using a water vapour induction (rather than injection) system on my daily driver to great effect.

Comment

• This video popped up in my YouTube feed last week: https://youtu.be/bp10Ji--jiE

As someone who drives a car with a waste-spark ignition system, I was immediately intrigued: no diodes, capacitors, hacking of factory wiring harnesses, MSD addon boxes...just stuff I can find at my local hardware store, and for basically no money. Can someone please enlighten me as to why this mightn't be viable?

I wonder what would happen if I wound a longitudinal bifilar coil around the foil-wrapped cable, with one end connected to the foil (that wouldn't need soldering! just another wrap of foil to secure the strands of wire between layers of the wrap...!!!) and the other connected to negative ground? and what if I used a low voltage diode (like the 6A100 from Ignition Secrets home-made diode strings, but just a single one) pointed at the spark gap at the negative ground end?

Points/distributor engines are still out there, but I'd wager that magnetos are more prevalent, and Waste Spark with multipacks of coils for pairs of cylinders, and Coil on plug are the ignitions of the day for road cars. Plasma Ignition must be applied to these engines if we're serious about GHG reductions and getting off of hydrocarbon fuels for transportation.

Comment

• I have a KLX 250S 2011 motorcycle with CDI ignition, the primary peak voltage from the CDI cap is 120volts, I can get an upgrade to 180 volts. (see attached ignition system values).

Also working out the primary wire from the coil is interesting, as it seems there is one primary wire going in and one secondary coming out, as seen as the high voltage wire going to the spark plug, (see attached)
                    I have searched diagrams (see attached) there are a few descriptions relating to CDI coils (see attached).

I am not 100% sure about the primary wire on the coil, if you could pass your eye over it and comment I would appreciate your expertise.

From what you explained with your plasma technique, the cap discharges 120volt (in my case) to the primary of the ignition coil, the high voltage will go backwards through the positive side on the diode, because its the easiest path to ground, the diode will shut off and the voltage will go over the gap, and what ever is left in the cap will discharge through the diode and over the gap, this is how you use a small amount of voltage to pass over the plug gap, this is genius my friend, what a clever way to create a plasma phenomenon.

Ok, if I have it right, and I use a low resistance HT lead and non resistant plug i should expect a plasma phenomenon, my question is, what diode would I use if my peak starting voltage is 120 volts or 180volts, also what negative effect will this feedback system have on my coil, CDI and is there any feedback RFI that could disrupt my electronics.

Also where do I connect the diode on my CDI coil, is it in alignment with the wire, what are your thoughts?

I have watched all your videos, there is a ton of information there, still digesting, I have noticed that in one experiment you add an external cap to a spark plug along with a diode, WOW!!! that is serious plasma, (ignition secrets)I am happy to just connect the right diode.

I had emailed Froz a few times but i can't seem to get in touch with him, he uses an external power source, He has commented that when he used your method, white deposits formed on the spark plug and reduced effect, what are your thoughts on that.

In my research people are just using a capacitor parallel to spark plug, there is a research paper, you may already have the paper. there might be a lag, as the cap needs to recharge, what are your thoughts on this method.

I have tested the KLX 250S ignition coil HT ignition wire Ohms, it seems about .3 Ohms resistance, when I measure with spark plug cap fitted to the wire it rises to 4.71 Ohms, so I will need to add a zero ohms spark plug cap.

In conclusion, I would appreciate any positive comments on anything I have written

Comment

• What plugs have been holding up the best? Every plug I’ve used for a short while has failed by either burning the ground electrode back far enough to cause misfires or just fails internal in some way. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Hi Jeremiah,

Did you ever try the NGK surface gap plugs I recommended back in posts #1093 & #1127? I think the plug I mentioned was the BU8H which has a nickel tip. They also have the BUHW which has a tungsten tip which might hold up better. Here's a link to it at summit racing. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ngk-2622

Gary Hammond,

Comment

• Thanks Gary I picked some up I’ll give them a shot. Needs to be .750 reach also!
                          Last edited by RB176; 03-17-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Hi Jeremiah,

Originally posted by RB176 View Post
                            Thanks Gary I picked some up I’ll give them a shot. Needs to be .750 reach also!
                            That's a surprise to me! All the older Kohler flatheads I worked on used .4375" reach. Is this an over head valve engine?

Gary Hammond,

Comment

• It’s got an aftermarket head lol

Comment

• Hi Guys, will anybody comment on my post, I would appreciate it?

Comment

Working...
                                X