No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an update on my recent experiments with octane booster. I tried ferrocene 2gms in 10 liter gasoline along with plasma and it totally reduced the exhaust gas temperature by 60 percentage.

Ferrocene delays combustion till the spark ignition preventing detonation, resulting in tolerance for aggressive timing advance.

I am now running on 15:1 cylinder head. Without ferrocene, engine use to ping like a pig, now no one can tell its a 15:1 engine
    Runs much cooler and stronger.

Comment

• Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply

Comment

• Originally posted by Realtravel View Post
        Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply
        Are they non-resistor for sure?
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Stock emissions reading vs plasma with ferrocene and high compression cylinder head emissions readings.

The new low on all available standards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGx...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMO...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

• Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
              Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah
              Glad it's working good now. Should be losing much of anything with 30 ohms wires since most of the cap is bypassing the ignition cables anyway. Hope I understood you.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Thanks for your help Aaron

Comment

Working...
                X