No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an update on my recent experiments with octane booster. I tried ferrocene 2gms in 10 liter gasoline along with plasma and it totally reduced the exhaust gas temperature by 60 percentage.

Ferrocene delays combustion till the spark ignition preventing detonation, resulting in tolerance for aggressive timing advance.

I am now running on 15:1 cylinder head. Without ferrocene, engine use to ping like a pig, now no one can tell its a 15:1 engine
    Runs much cooler and stronger.

Comment

• Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply

Comment

• Originally posted by Realtravel View Post
        Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply
        Are they non-resistor for sure?
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Stock emissions reading vs plasma with ferrocene and high compression cylinder head emissions readings.

The new low on all available standards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGx...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMO...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

• Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah

Comment

• Originally posted by RB176 View Post
              Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah
              Glad it's working good now. Should be losing much of anything with 30 ohms wires since most of the cap is bypassing the ignition cables anyway. Hope I understood you.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Thanks for your help Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by firozmusthafa View Post
                  Just an update on my recent experiments with octane booster. I tried ferrocene 2gms in 10 liter gasoline along with plasma and it totally reduced the exhaust gas temperature by 60 percentage.

Ferrocene delays combustion till the spark ignition preventing detonation, resulting in tolerance for aggressive timing advance.

I am now running on 15:1 cylinder head. Without ferrocene, engine use to ping like a pig, now no one can tell its a 15:1 engine
                  Runs much cooler and stronger.

Ferrocene - is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocene#Fuel_additives what you're talking about? The section explaining how it's used as a fuel additive cautions against spark plug fouling, so I'm curious as to how your plasma ignition fares over time with this.

How commonly available is this to you? I wouldn't begin to know where to look here in Canada for it, other than chemical supply houses

Comment

• Yes, Ferrocene is the same stuff. I bought directly from petro chemical stockist real cheap. I bought 500gms which would serve me years of continuous use, it is in powder form with yellow colour having striking resemblance with turmeric powder and smells a bit more like fire cracker. This stuff is used in sparse quantity in "total gasoline additive" which is why I got courage to experiment.

Although I did read about spark plug fouling, I am currently using Ferrocene with plasma and already completed more than 10k kms at maximum dose. Plasma won't allow spark plug fouling as per my understanding. In presence of ferrocene, plasma grows even more due to higher charge conductivity thus resulting in much better combustion. Sure spark plug appears brownish all the time due to the presence of iron oxide, but I never found the insulation resistance of the plug going down with ferrocene.

In case, if I experience any misfires I will immediately update it here.

The other reason for efficiency is ferrocene burns with sparks, which means it contributes to multiple flame front making combustion as efficient as possible. As you know, carburetor sends gasoline in liquid form too. That liquid gasoline always will end up as wasted gasoline even with ferrocene.

Technical grade ferrocene is way too expensive, you could probably look for pure ferrocene from petrochem suppliers. I am sure it must be available. If its available in India, sure it will be available in Canada

Comment

• Thank you. I will see if I need a specific permit or license to buy it, if it's legal here.

Comment

• Aaron - in the energeticforum channel on YouTube is a video of a choke on the ground of a sparkplug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78E_qA4ws0
                        Towards the end of it (@ ~2:06), when the choke was in circuit (rather than diodes? I'm unclear...help?) and water has been sprayed into the area of the plug, it appears to me that the "silent plasma" generates a more physical shock event as opposed to an acoustic "snap" - the choke coil actually starts hopping around on the table at every discharge. did you choose the HV diodes over this method as a way of tempering the energy so a plasma ignition system of this design wouldn't blow engines apart? Or is it not able to perform at higher RPM?
                        How far did you take the research on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                          Aaron - in the energeticforum channel on YouTube is a video of a choke on the ground of a sparkplug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78E_qA4ws0
                          Towards the end of it (@ ~2:06), when the choke was in circuit (rather than diodes? I'm unclear...help?) and water has been sprayed into the area of the plug, it appears to me that the "silent plasma" generates a more physical shock event as opposed to an acoustic "snap" - the choke coil actually starts hopping around on the table at every discharge. did you choose the HV diodes over this method as a way of tempering the energy so a plasma ignition system of this design wouldn't blow engines apart? Or is it not able to perform at higher RPM?
                          How far did you take the research on this?
                          I still used the HV diodes.

I just put an inductor on the ground.

My reasoning was that I was trying to limit electron current so the dissociated products of the plasma would stay separated longer before combining back to water.

When you see that choke move - you have a motor - this is what direction I went with that:

https://emediapress.com/aaronmurakam...aimpulsemotor/ - you can watch the demo video on that page - that was about 12 years ago.

and

This is the demo at the conference a few yeas ago -

Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Thank you.
                            I wonder if a small bifilar pancake coil would have a similar effect as your inductor.

I may just have to get myself a copy of that document.

Comment

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                              Thank you.
                              I wonder if a small bifilar pancake coil would have a similar effect as your inductor.

I may just have to get myself a copy of that document.
                              I don't know if it would have enough inductance. You can see I used a whole spool of magnet wire.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• I did. I've watched a number of times to try to figure out if it says 350' on top of the spool (I think so...)
                                The pancake coils I was thinking of would be made of speaker wire or lamp cord, etc...lots more copper, and much thicker insulation than magnet wire...350' of coils can be compacted. heck, 1' of ethernet cable has 8' of wire in it...wire not too different from your magnet wire
                                What it gets down to is just how much inductance is needed for the effect - pancake coils could be stacked as required until sufficient is my supposition, and one that needs testing to support or refute no doubt
                                Last edited by heysoundude; 05-05-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X