Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Aaron,

So, with the established theory of high Amps follow high Volts through spark gap, can the (+-) 250-300V form the primary on an old coil-and-disy setup be the high-amp-low-voltage source - I mean: Instead of just earthing it straight into the body back to the battery, can it not (after running through diode-setup) be earthed to the engine block via the vacuum path created by the high-volt spark?

Comment

Originally posted by Tribemx5 View Post
      Hi all,
      While i fully understand the application of the plasma spark being applied to existing engines in cars, I wondered if there was anyone trying to use the plasma spark explosion into a sealed pressure vessel with primary expansion compartment with non return valves to pass the pressure into a secondary storage, with another non return valve to admit air in during the implosion stage. The accumulated pressure could be put to work [like steam?] To power a electric generator etc.
      Nobody that I know of, but perhaps this kind of ignition is suitable for the Papp engine?
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by libor12 View Post
        Hi all,
        I bought ignition secrets from Aaron in his car and use a fully programmable CDI ignition from this company: IMFsoft, s.r.o. - Master Ignition P sensor works very well. It is certainly better than the MSD ignition. Thank you very much Aaron!
        Thanks Libor - glad that ignition works for you. I'm not familiar with IMF myself.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Willem Coetzee View Post
          High Aaron,

So, with the established theory of high Amps follow high Volts through spark gap, can the (+-) 250-300V form the primary on an old coil-and-disy setup be the high-amp-low-voltage source - I mean: Instead of just earthing it straight into the body back to the battery, can it not (after running through diode-setup) be earthed to the engine block via the vacuum path created by the high-volt spark?

Hi Willem,

I'm not sure I quite get what you're asking. Can you post a diagram?
          Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi Aaron,

As you know, a points-and-distributor's secondary coil back-induces an emf into its primary when the points are opened, creating say 250V or higher in the primary, which then is absorbed by the condenser when points close.

Through the post on Energetic Forum I never got clarity on this:

(a) Is it THIS energy that follows the Hv to the spark gap? (which then actually could make the condenser redundant) If so, then that IS the answer to my question, and that would settle my mind on this.

(b) Is it only the Low-volt from the battery now not flowing through primary that follows the Hv to the spark gap? If so, the emf dumped into primary absorbed by the condenser is wasted, and necessitates the booster caps (and here I might be 100% incorrect)

Thank You so much for your Help to Mankind's survival!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willem Coetzee View Post
              Hi Aaron,

As you know, a points-and-distributor's secondary coil back-induces an emf into its primary when the points are opened, creating say 250V or higher in the primary, which then is absorbed by the condenser when points close.

Through the post on Energetic Forum I never got clarity on this:

(a) Is it THIS energy that follows the Hv to the spark gap? (which then actually could make the condenser redundant) If so, then that IS the answer to my question, and that would settle my mind on this.

(b) Is it only the Low-volt from the battery now not flowing through primary that follows the Hv to the spark gap? If so, the emf dumped into primary absorbed by the condenser is wasted, and necessitates the booster caps (and here I might be 100% incorrect)

Thank You so much for your Help to Mankind's survival!!!
              Hi Willem,

What follows the HV across the gap is what is in capacitor in the CDI or MSD - not the condenser in a distributor.

The 12.xx volts from the battery does not follow over the gap.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi everyone

Works plasma jet ignition.
                Do not use standard plug!

Regards nyemi

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Nyemi!

That motor raps up pretty nice. The dyno tests with the plasma ignition show how it shines in the higher rpm's on cars and that is without introducing any moisture yet.

What are your next plans?
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                    Hi Willem,

What follows the HV across the gap is what is in capacitor in the CDI or MSD - not the condenser in a distributor.

The 12.xx volts from the battery does not follow over the gap.
                    Thanks Aaron!
                    I don't have an MSD / CDI to use for my old 1981 Datsun Stanza point-coil-distributor setup, but I do have a DIY kit I can assmble to (a) eliminate the condenser, (b) get faster coil rise and fall, so would that help to increase the Hv a bit over non-R plugs & leads?

Comment

Hello Aaron I have read thru to posts and dont see my question answered.
                      I built what you have in the book and video. Question when i turn on the 555 it works ok but as soon as i hook up the cdi it starts to spark then the 555 heats up and the diode to pin 8and 4 of the 555 shorts out or opens . is the ignition wire on the cdi conectec to cdi + and left there? Thanks for your help Jeff

Comment

My first post. Excuse errors. I like where the plasma spark conversation is going. I appreciate the thought about power verses damage. Very wise. I was wondering if to burn more fuel completly that the plasma pulse could be extended. I found a technology called PFN or Pulse Forming Network, this is juust a series of caps, coils, and diodes, repeated that extends a pulse duration. It would not be hard to insert into a circuit. The real question is would you also have to extend the duration of the HV pulse as well.
                        Just thoughts
                        Clay

Comment

Longer plasma pulse duration.

I found out that inductive coil vs cd ignitions, the inductive coils have a longer spark duration. A CD ignition actually has a very short duration spark or pulse. Inductive coils can maintain a longer duration spark and ignite more of the fuel mix. Inductive coils are more effective in lean burn conditions. Gill Industries provides these special coils. Coils designed for very large engines have the longest spark duration to ignite the fuel in the whole chamber. These may be great candidates for basing plasma systems on.
                          Clay

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Have you tried to use an transformer, electromagnet or a lightbulb as a load after the sparkgap so you get "Free Energy" just like Edwin V Gray?
                            Hermes

Comment

Aaron or any other forum members

A couple of questions:
                              I came across a sparkplug by Pulstar (Pulstar :: The world's best, most powerful sparkplug.) that has a capacitor built into the plug. Could this be used in addition to a capacitor on the coil circuit....ie...CDI circuit? My caddy has two Ignition Coil Packs (with separate coils for each plug)....I don't think I will be able to use your Plasma circuit because of this, and am wondering if these capacitor spark plugs would still be usable to increase the strength of the spark (similar to your approach in Chapt 3 of your book....just has capacitor built into plug).

Also, my perception is that the plasma effect cannot be obtained with resistor plugs....am I correct that if resistor plugs and plug wires are removed, it will screw up the radio/electronics that are emf sensitive?

Because my caddy uses coil packs and Street Fire said they don't make a CDI unit for my car, I am doubtful as to whether plasma effect can be achieved using your methods. Would I be gaining ground if I can figure out a way to put a large capacitor and diode string in the circuit for each coil in the coil pack (in place of a CDI unit)? If so, what size capacitor would be recommended? If I used this approach, would the Pulstar capacitor spark plugs coupled with the in circuit capacitor increase the spark/plasma at the plug tip, or would they interfere with each other? Any thoughts or suggestions if this "plan B" approach is used on newer vehicles?

Jody

Comment

85 Subaru gets Plasma! nuts& bolts info

Hello all. I just minutes ago finished my Plasma Jet Ignition install on my 85 Subaru GL wagon, 1.8 L OHC feedback carb engine. Was a legnthy project, over 2 months, mainly owing to other ignition issues. Basically I wound up replacing/reengineering everything in the ignition besides the dist., and key switch/wiring. Plugs, plug wires, coil, ignition amplifier all got replaced, the amplifier 3 times. Finally figured out to mount the GM HEI ignition amplifier module to a small computer fan-cooled heat sink, that keeps the module cool/happy.

Using all info I could glean here, from Aaron's Ignition Secrets download, and anything relevant I could find, I discovered that...AARON You WERE RIGHT, it REALLY WORKS!! YAHOO! I will see if I can post some pics here of some of the physical aspects of how I did this.

I enjoy reading all the entries here and elsewhere about Plasma Jet Ignition. Seems like most folks are doing bench work, research, proof-of-concept stuff. I just wanted it on my Subaru.

Wound up using 30 KV 2 amp rated Ham radio type diode blocks from ebay. 30 KV rated white silicone insulated tinned copper wire to connect diode blocks to spark plug wires at plug ends also from Ebay.

I found a great source for 2 of the ingredients I used, I promised to give credit to him. Josh Lee Sales Mgr. at Silver State Wire and Cable supplied 22gauge green hi temp insulated tinned copper wire to connect coil+ to diode blocks, also some really great black industrial heat shrink I used over the white 30KV wires to plug boots. Josh is a Great Guy, super nice and showed enough interest in what I was doing to drop what he was doing and go out in the shop to help find what I needed. My shameless plug: his phone # is 775-356-8969 Call him for wiring needs!

Diode blocks came w/o screws, I found short stainless M5 screws at Home Depot, then cut little pieces of copper tubing to act as crush spacer sleeves between screws/wire terminals. Used vinyl vacuum caps over screws for insulation. I went to an industrial rubber supply house and got 2 feet of some Goodyear yellow water hose, kinda in between HD Vinyl and rubber. cut that into 3" pieces to act as vibration and terminal sheilds, clamped 'em to diode blocks with zip ties. Crammed all 4 blocks together in a rear upper corner of engine bay, they just fit.

I hope Admin doesn't mind my plug for Mr. Lee, I told him I'd give credit! I'll post pics of the diode blocks/hardware later.

These pics show details of how Granatelli MPG+ plug wires were modded w/ MSD plug terminals & straight silicone boots. The MSD terminals are identical to ones on Granatelli's. Using MSD ratcheting tool I put both the stripped back Granatelli wire AND stripped back white 30KV wire into same terminal. I stripped white silicone wire back about 1 inch and added short heat shrink over the part that would be be beside the Granatelli wire inside the boot. w/ silicone grease and spray and care, the whole deal slipped into the boot OK. Granatelli MPG+ wires from JCWhitney online, MSD straight silicone boots/term's from Summit Racing.

Resulting spark from this setup is something Else. I'll post a short video once I figure out how. And I'll post pics of the diode block/hardware setup.

Thanks to Aaron, Energyrikard and other posters here, hope others may benefit by my info!

subadude
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X