Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

If anyone wonders how to create plasma, just read Aaron's book it's all in there. I can confirm it works 100%!
    I got new diodes and new wire and it works with the new wire and new diode. However, it works perfectly with the old diode string I made in the first place too.

I think I had the plasma earlier, but I just didn't see it as I was expecting a huge golf ball size of plasma. The 5520 feeding my Pro Power coil can't produce a golf ball size. MSD claims the Pro Power is too big for the 5520 and not compatible with that CDI box as the Pro Power coil requires too much power. Anyway, when I attach the string and remove it, I can clearly see the difference before and after. I recommend anyone to have the spark tester as outlined in the book that gives continuous sparks instead of grounding "by hand". It's so much easier to spot the difference when the system runs continuously. If you have cash and don't want to build the circuit in the book, you can buy a spark tester from MSD which sets you back a few hundred bucks... I'm sure that if I would have used a coil that was really compatible with the 5520, the plasma kernel would probably be bigger.. I'm still very happy as i could reproduce the phenomenon!

The spark looks as if it's about 2-5 times bigger (subjectively) than the original CDI spark.

All in all, it WORKS!!

Comment

Yes, it works!

Was there any doubt.

Give Arron big enough caps and he will start to take down incoming missiles :-)

Carl

Comment

Hiya! I never doubted it for a second that it wouldn't work. I just couldn't figure out what I did wrong. NOTE: To anyone replicating this, use proper gauge wires and not tiny tiny wires.
        The spark tester I'm using is the Multi Channel tester: http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Tools/Testers/
        If you are planning to use a CDI box with a single channel, and don't want to build your own circuit, you can go for the single channel tester. You can also trigger it by hand of course, but that can make it harder to see the phenomenon. Good luck guys! Now, I will install the two systems I got into our cars! Yiha!

Comment

Without diodes:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_rJ5...ature=youtu.be

With diodes:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFi0y...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Rikard,

Glad it works! That CDI you have actually is pretty powerful, but of course different than the plasma.

With the circular gap, much of the impulse is distributed around so you don't get a strong snap.

Take 2 iron nails or any other good conductive pieces of metal and make a gap with the heads and hear the difference - so that you only have 2 points to jump across instead of the circular - you should be able to see the more SNAPPY impulse of the plasma.

And what happens if you spray fine water mist on your plug with and without diode?

Then try the water spray test with the iron nails or other 2 point gap.
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Golf ball sized plasma - that was with some serious cap banks in parallel with the plug as "booster caps". Plasma that big will definitely eat your engine alive, especially when it is under compression/air where it grows even bigger.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron ,

I feel higher order Topologies are possiable... which will dramatically boost the effect for the same power input..!
                Tesla's Wire exploding effect is similar ...Ball lightning???????
                rgds,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                  Hi Aaron ,

I feel higher order Topologies are possiable... which will dramatically boost the effect for the same power input..!
                  Tesla's Wire exploding effect is similar ...Ball lightning???????
                  rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  There is no need to boost it more and this is different than Tesla's disruptive discharges.

This is why I push the smaller capacitors in the smaller CDI units - too big and you'll damage your engine.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Aaron

I recently purchased your book, Ignition Secrets and have read it through, as well as watched the videos. This is very exciting, but I have some questions. I basically was drawn to your concept and book in an effort to make my vehicles more fuel efficient. I have a 2000 Cadillac DTS and a 2004 Chevy Avalanche. I believe both of these vehicles have an electronic ignition system, which, I believe means that they do not have a traditional coil and distributor setup. My Cadillac, for example, has two "coil packs" that mount over the two banks of front 4 and back 4 cylinders/spark plugs. Your book only addresses older cars with coil and distributor setup.....and the Street Fire CDI 5520 website says it only works on cars with coils and distributors, meaning there apparently doesn't seem to be a Capacitive Discharge Ignition for electronic ignition cars.

Does this mean your ignition concepts do not work on Electronic Ignition Systems as found in newer cars? If the concepts work on newer cars, can you please clarify what those with newer cars should do to achieve Plasma Ignition? this is an interesting subject, but my primary interest is in the application to my own vehicles and potential fuel savings.

Jody

Comment

Jody,

MSD and others do make CDI/MSD type ignition modules for distributorless cars.

On my own car - it is a 2.5 liter Subaru boxer engine with no distributor. It has a coil pack
                      with 4 HV outputs for each cylinder. MSD makes a MSD system for that setup but not for my
                      car - for Dodge Neon's and Mitsubishi Eclipses, but the coil pack is virtually identical so it
                      will work.

Once the MSD is hooked up, it is a matter of connecting the diodes between the capacitor
                      in the unit and the spark plug boot.

It's a wasted spark ignition and 2 of the HV outputs are the opposite polarity of the other 2
                      so I have to figure that out. 2 diode strings will be in opposition to the other 2.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by aussepom
                        Hi, to all of you that talk of ‘plasma ignition’ it is just a big discharge of electricity to give you an insight to real ‘plasma discharge’. What I started with some several years ago was to be a true plasma spark plug has ended up being something quite different, and larger. Modern cars many of them use four coils for a V8, three on a six, best is one coil one plug. This way you can use a burst of higher voltage on the primary, switched at about 130hz, the voltage around 120vdc, the down side is that 60- 80,000 volts, no need for a centre pin, the older cars to me are best for this use the existing points to fire the burst.
                        I will try to post a pic if it works, this is true plasma, and it is water that is turned into plasma.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1792[/ATTACH]
                        I don't know what you mean by "true plasma". A simple spark is a plasma, a candle flame is a plasma, etc... those are all true plasmas.

This plasma ignition method is not just a big discharge of electricity. The capacitor is forced to discharge into a negative resistance giving impulse speeds normally not possible.

Any medium that such as moisture or the air that is highly ionized and therefore very conductive is a plasma.

You should start your own thread because what you show doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread, which is a very specific form of plasma - it is known as "plasma jet ignition".
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hello All,

I have read thru everything and I'm still not sure if anyone has completely converted their car to plasma??
                          I have two cars I want to try this on and a couple more later if I can get it to work? One car is a 1995 Nissan Sentra 1.6L with an electronic distributor and the other car is a 1995 Honda Accord 2.2L VTEC that I have modified with Nology HotWires, Nology ProFire coil and the dist cap has been modified for an external coil setup. I have an old capacitor from a Jacobs ignition I was using at one time (I don't recommend Jacobs, poor quality) and I was wondering if I could use that old capacitor with my coil and make a diode string to the coil to fire all the plugs with? Or do I need to make a string for every plug, I hope not?? I am using Extreme Spark plugs in my engines. Will the HotWires work with this plasma? They supposedly have built in capacitors in each wire already to give a hotter spark.
                          Any suggestions of how to get this car on plasma will be great!!

Thank you,
                          Ron

Comment

Originally posted by rokan View Post
                            Hello All,

I have read thru everything and I'm still not sure if anyone has completely converted their car to plasma??
                            I have two cars I want to try this on and a couple more later if I can get it to work? One car is a 1995 Nissan Sentra 1.6L with an electronic distributor and the other car is a 1995 Honda Accord 2.2L VTEC that I have modified with Nology HotWires, Nology ProFire coil and the dist cap has been modified for an external coil setup. I have an old capacitor from a Jacobs ignition I was using at one time (I don't recommend Jacobs, poor quality) and I was wondering if I could use that old capacitor with my coil and make a diode string to the coil to fire all the plugs with? Or do I need to make a string for every plug, I hope not?? I am using Extreme Spark plugs in my engines. Will the HotWires work with this plasma? They supposedly have built in capacitors in each wire already to give a hotter spark.
                            Any suggestions of how to get this car on plasma will be great!!

Thank you,
                            Ron
                            There are 5-6 people that I know that have fully converted their cars to plasma ignition from the information in the Ignition Secrets package.

I haven't even done it to my car because my interest is more for generator use - so I have it on my generator and jet engine both.

I am in the process of getting it on my car, but I don't have a lot of time to spend on it.

Basically, if there is a CDI/MSD for your car, then you should be able to have plasma.

Nology wires have capacitance built into the wires so it is simply giving you the benefit of a peaking cap in parallel with the plug. I doubt it will work with those wires. Plain non-resistor wires is best and I mean real non-resistance.

You could use one string and make a connection to all 4 plugs, but I'd make sure it is really beefy.
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thinking outside the box...

Hi all,
                              While i fully understand the application of the plasma spark being applied to existing engines in cars, I wondered if there was anyone trying to use the plasma spark explosion into a sealed pressure vessel with primary expansion compartment with non return valves to pass the pressure into a secondary storage, with another non return valve to admit air in during the implosion stage. The accumulated pressure could be put to work [like steam?] To power a electric generator etc.

Comment

Hi all,
                                I bought ignition secrets from Aaron in his car and use a fully programmable CDI ignition from this company: IMFsoft, s.r.o. - Master Ignition P sensor works very well. It is certainly better than the MSD ignition. Thank you very much Aaron!

Comment

Working...
                                X