Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
    Hello Aaron,

    I think the K2543 module is for points only.
    The Granatelli wires are very expensive. In this aircraft document on page 6 they use regular RG400 Coax wire http://www.lightspeedengineering.com...l_20130317.pdf The RG400 wire is used much in aircraft ignition wires. In the document they also use CDI plasma ignition.


    The have complete Plasma CDI unites http://lightspeedengineering.com/

    For the vapor part indeed the best are from Bill Kendrick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95v-Ap5esI

    and Bill

    https://www.youtube.com/user/charliechopchopman/videos
    That could be a good idea to use coax for plug cables - I've never tried. I have used copper refrigerator tubing inserted into vinyl tubing.

    That Lightspeed CDI is a normal CDI (not a plasma ignition). Technically, even a regular spark from a coil is plasma, but it's not the ultra fast plasma impulse that you get when you do it my way.

    The Lightspeed CDI is 135 mj, which is pretty good, but only up to 3500 rpm so looks like it is made for low rpm motors if that is typical for the aircraft motor.

    I recommend this for most simple applications https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B001O28622
    It is only about $150 delivered on Amazon prime. It's about 89 mj per discharge, but is plenty, especially when using diodes to turn it into a plasma ignition. The plasma grows with air forced on it so you have to account for that and you don't want the plasma too big. So 89 mj at a high speed discharge is about right.

    If you haven't gotten the Ignition Secrets package, I'd recommend getting it http://ignitionsecrets.com - otherwise, read all the posts in Energetic Forum on the old "Water Sparkplug" threads.

    The Granatelli wires I got for the L20B engine in the Datsun were $70 delivered. That is a pretty good deal. Depending on the type of plug boots you need like any deep well plugs like on DOHC, Boxer Engines, etc... whatever, those will add to the costs. If it's an older car where the plugs are sticking out, those are smaller and less expensive boots. But for the time it would take to custom make the plug cables, $70 was a bargain especially when that included shipping. The Granatelli ones also have a ferrite ring around the cables to restrict RF interference. For example, they won't mess with OBDII computers, etc... I don't have to worry about that, but a lot of the paranoia out there about non-resistor ignition systems is not totally justified.

    Anyway, looking forward to seeing your progress with this.
    Aaron Murakami





    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

    Comment


    • Hello Aaron,

      Thank you for your advice. Since you know a lot off electronics. Did you ever consider how Tesla drove his care on free EM waves?
      This article is very interesting Nikola Tesla proved in 1931 that we don’t need any gasoline whatsoever to power our cars. http://presscore.ca/nikola-tesla-pro...ur-automobiles

      I hope many people will crack this code, how to replicate the tesla car.
      Nosce te Ipsum

      My Setup:
      Jeep Wagoneer V8 5.9L (360) 1979
      Standard Motorcraft 2150 2bbl carb
      Main jets size #55 stock
      Eagle Research Carb Enhancer
      Water and HHO injection with Aquatune HB plus
      MSD CDI 5520 street fire
      NGK spark plugs BP7ES(non-resistor) with sidegapping and 1.5mm gap
      Flametrower III canister ignition coil
      8x 20KV 2A PRHVP2A-20 High Voltage Rectifier Diode
      Granatelli Zero resistor spark plug wires

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
        Hello Aaron,

        Thank you for your advice. Since you know a lot off electronics. Did you ever consider how Tesla drove his care on free EM waves?
        This article is very interesting Nikola Tesla proved in 1931 that we don’t need any gasoline whatsoever to power our cars. http://presscore.ca/nikola-tesla-pro...ur-automobiles

        I hope many people will crack this code, how to replicate the tesla car.
        Almost everything about Tesla's Pierce Arrow has been misinformation to date. There doesn't seem to be anything credible regarding it.
        Aaron Murakami





        “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

        Comment


        • Hello Aaron,

          I have bought the MSD 5520. I am very interested in your development with the MSD CDI and the Datsun.
          This weekend ive made my power generator on cold gas vapor with a jar. The generator runs much better. The only thing is, if you have a liter of gas and make it a vapor, you are left with about 10% of gasoline which will not become a vapor. I think the oil companies put something in there.

          A solution to this problem is to use the plasma ignition, i think for all the people the knowlegde should be open-source. I like to help the people and i am not into profit.

          My question to you is, when i use the plasma ignition, MSC CDI with diodes, what must be changed for the best milage. I think ignition timing must be retarded and the biggest change must be the main jets.
          When i use this system i dont need to make the gasoline a vapor, the plasma will ignite the liquid gas very good. So i must use much smaller main jets.

          Second question is, how to bypass the distributor? The plasma must not go trough it i recon? So for my V8 i need 8 20kv 2A diodes and connect it bypassing the distributor?

          Thank you for your perception.
          Last edited by Co-Creator; 10-01-2016, 07:40 AM.
          Nosce te Ipsum

          My Setup:
          Jeep Wagoneer V8 5.9L (360) 1979
          Standard Motorcraft 2150 2bbl carb
          Main jets size #55 stock
          Eagle Research Carb Enhancer
          Water and HHO injection with Aquatune HB plus
          MSD CDI 5520 street fire
          NGK spark plugs BP7ES(non-resistor) with sidegapping and 1.5mm gap
          Flametrower III canister ignition coil
          8x 20KV 2A PRHVP2A-20 High Voltage Rectifier Diode
          Granatelli Zero resistor spark plug wires

          Comment


          • I finished the plasma on the Datsun and will post a video soon.

            I put everything about the plasma in the Water Sparkplug thread on Energetic Forum years ago. It's free to you can go look through it.

            However, if anyone wants a compilation that is organized where you don't have to filter out unnecessary messages, etc... then they can purchase my book/video package on http://ignitionsecrets.com

            You can delay timing closer to TDC since the plasma impulse is so much faster.

            It's up to you how to you want to use it in relation to your fuel.

            If the capacitor is directed to the top of the plugs thru the diodes then the distributor is bypassed.



            Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
            Hello Aaron,

            I have bought the MSD 5520. I am very interested in your development with the MSD CDI and the Datsun.
            This weekend ive made my power generator on cold gas vapor with a jar. The generator runs much better. The only thing is, if you have a liter of gas and make it a vapor, you are left with about 10% of gasoline which will not become a vapor. I think the oil companies put something in there.

            A solution to this problem is to use the plasma ignition, i think for all the people the knowlegde should be open-source. I like to help the people and i am not into profit.

            My question to you is, when i use the plasma ignition, MSC CDI with diodes, what must be changed for the best milage. I think ignition timing must be retarded and the biggest change must be the main jets.
            When i use this system i dont need to make the gasoline a vapor, the plasma will ignite the liquid gas very good. So i must use much smaller main jets.

            Second question is, how to bypass the distributor? The plasma must not go trough it i recon? So for my V8 i need 8 20kv 2A diodes and connect it bypassing the distributor?

            Thank you for your perception.
            Aaron Murakami





            “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

            Comment


            • Circuit using SSR

              this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...SSR.jpg

              https://youtu.be/Wk_Xb1o-SaY

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sigi View Post
                this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...[ATTACH=CONFIG]5542[/ATTACH]

                https://youtu.be/Wk_Xb1o-SaY
                Hi Sigi,
                Your idea of using the DC SSR is great however, you need to put the Cap in parallel to the primary you shall then see something...
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sigi View Post
                  this is the circuit I make using an Arduino and a DC SSR, Im not sure if the output is the same...

                  https://youtu.be/Wk_Xb1o-SaY
                  Yes, what Faraday said - and the diode from cap to HV.
                  Aaron Murakami





                  “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

                  Comment


                  • Aaron Murakami





                    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
                      This weekend ive made my power generator on cold gas vapor with a jar. The generator runs much better. The only thing is, if you have a liter of gas and make it a vapor, you are left with about 10% of gasoline which will not become a vapor. I think the oil companies put something in there.
                      Indeed they do: ethanol, which has a much higher Vaporization point than gasoline. depending on where you live, you may be able to obtain ethanol-free gasoline. Often it is sold as premium high octane (91+) without being specifically labelled on the pump as ethanol-free. Pure-gas.org has a website that may help you in your search

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                        Awesome!

                        For the coils, this canister type is 45kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q363XM
                        This type is 60kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q2PKNM

                        Both are 0.32 ohms primary from same company. I have both but haven't used the 60kv one yet.
                        Aaron - I've been eating up the Plasma Ignition download I bought a while ago...

                        Questions:
                        1- Granatelli makes ($$$) 80kV coils for my engine (waste spark) to go along with the plug wires I bought from them. Is the bigger voltage here actually better, given that we're trying to get a plasma that doesn't damage the engine?
                        2- the newer, smaller diodes I see in the later videos - would you be so kind as to share a link to them so I can try to source them locally?

                        thank you

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                          Indeed they do: ethanol, which has a much higher Vaporization point than gasoline. depending on where you live, you may be able to obtain ethanol-free gasoline. Often it is sold as premium high octane (91+) without being specifically labelled on the pump as ethanol-free. Pure-gas.org has a website that may help you in your search
                          Thank you very much heysoundude! The only clear gasoline here in Holland will be Schell V power or BP Ultimate, will have a check.
                          I've bought the diodes, like in Aarons latest movie on Banggoods, very cheap, good service and vast delivery check the link: http://www.banggood.com/1PC-20KV-2A-...l?rmmds=search

                          I am now building my MSD 5520 CDI in my car, ive got the diodes... and must buy smaller main jets to test to lean the carb out. I will share my findings on my AMC v8 360 Jeep Wagoneer 1979.

                          Cheers
                          Nosce te Ipsum

                          My Setup:
                          Jeep Wagoneer V8 5.9L (360) 1979
                          Standard Motorcraft 2150 2bbl carb
                          Main jets size #55 stock
                          Eagle Research Carb Enhancer
                          Water and HHO injection with Aquatune HB plus
                          MSD CDI 5520 street fire
                          NGK spark plugs BP7ES(non-resistor) with sidegapping and 1.5mm gap
                          Flametrower III canister ignition coil
                          8x 20KV 2A PRHVP2A-20 High Voltage Rectifier Diode
                          Granatelli Zero resistor spark plug wires

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Co-Creator View Post
                            Thank you very much heysoundude! The only clear gasoline here in Holland will be Schell V power or BP Ultimate, will have a check.
                            I've bought the diodes, like in Aarons latest movie on Banggoods, very cheap, good service and vast delivery check the link: http://www.banggood.com/1PC-20KV-2A-...l?rmmds=search

                            I am now building my MSD 5520 CDI in my car, ive got the diodes... and must buy smaller main jets to test to lean the carb out. I will share my findings on my AMC v8 360 Jeep Wagoneer 1979.

                            Cheers
                            That's how it works here in Canada as well: premium fuels with the highest octane (whether AKI or RON) generally have zero ethanol. (with the exception of Sunoco Ultra94, it seems...which I found to be strange)

                            Those are the diodes I'm looking at as well, but my local shop sells them for a bit less.

                            oooh, I envy you that Jeep!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                              Indeed they do: ethanol, which has a much higher Vaporization point than gasoline. depending on where you live, you may be able to obtain ethanol-free gasoline. Often it is sold as premium high octane (91+) without being specifically labelled on the pump as ethanol-free. Pure-gas.org has a website that may help you in your search
                              There are multiple websites and even phone apps that will show you where ethanol free gasoline is. You'll of course pay more - I've never noticed a difference in it as far as regular driving goes with a regular ignition compared to the more common gas with up to 10% ethanol, but it is widely available throughout the US.
                              Aaron Murakami





                              “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by heysoundude View Post
                                Aaron - I've been eating up the Plasma Ignition download I bought a while ago...

                                Questions:
                                1- Granatelli makes ($$$) 80kV coils for my engine (waste spark) to go along with the plug wires I bought from them. Is the bigger voltage here actually better, given that we're trying to get a plasma that doesn't damage the engine?
                                2- the newer, smaller diodes I see in the later videos - would you be so kind as to share a link to them so I can try to source them locally?

                                thank you
                                It isn't the voltage (of the HV output of the ignition coil) that can cause damage, it is the capacitance of the capacitor in the MSD/CDI you have when it jumps over the gap being ionized by the hv output from a coil. If too much capacitance, you will get such a strong current blast that you can cause damage and extremely short plug life. So stay with MSD/CDI units with voltages around 400-500 volts and about 2uf at the most. If you go over that capacitance (in that voltage range), you will get plasma blasts too big. And remember that what you see on the bench will grow a bigger in the engine when compressed air is forced on that gap to feed the plasma.

                                The voltage of the HV output of the coil has to be high enough to simply get across the gap to ionize the gap so what is left in the capacitor (which is most of it) can conduct over the gap. If you have a 80kv from Granatelli that fits your car, that will work good probably but keep in mind with wasted spark coil packs, opposite sides of the engine are opposite polarity. I have a separate video presentation just for wasted spark on http://ignitionsecrets.com and that lays out exactly how I got around that problem.

                                This is the exact diode I'm using on the Datsun - PRHVP2A-20 - search ebay and you can get the ridiculously cheap. $2 each (free shipping) from Hong Kong.
                                Aaron Murakami





                                “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X