Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heysoundude
    replied
    Aaron - in the energeticforum channel on YouTube is a video of a choke on the ground of a sparkplug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78E_qA4ws0
    Towards the end of it (@ ~2:06), when the choke was in circuit (rather than diodes? I'm unclear...help?) and water has been sprayed into the area of the plug, it appears to me that the "silent plasma" generates a more physical shock event as opposed to an acoustic "snap" - the choke coil actually starts hopping around on the table at every discharge. did you choose the HV diodes over this method as a way of tempering the energy so a plasma ignition system of this design wouldn't blow engines apart? Or is it not able to perform at higher RPM?
    How far did you take the research on this?

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Thank you. I will see if I need a specific permit or license to buy it, if it's legal here.

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    Yes, Ferrocene is the same stuff. I bought directly from petro chemical stockist real cheap. I bought 500gms which would serve me years of continuous use, it is in powder form with yellow colour having striking resemblance with turmeric powder and smells a bit more like fire cracker. This stuff is used in sparse quantity in "total gasoline additive" which is why I got courage to experiment.

Although I did read about spark plug fouling, I am currently using Ferrocene with plasma and already completed more than 10k kms at maximum dose. Plasma won't allow spark plug fouling as per my understanding. In presence of ferrocene, plasma grows even more due to higher charge conductivity thus resulting in much better combustion. Sure spark plug appears brownish all the time due to the presence of iron oxide, but I never found the insulation resistance of the plug going down with ferrocene.

In case, if I experience any misfires I will immediately update it here.

The other reason for efficiency is ferrocene burns with sparks, which means it contributes to multiple flame front making combustion as efficient as possible. As you know, carburetor sends gasoline in liquid form too. That liquid gasoline always will end up as wasted gasoline even with ferrocene.

Technical grade ferrocene is way too expensive, you could probably look for pure ferrocene from petrochem suppliers. I am sure it must be available. If its available in India, sure it will be available in Canada

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Originally posted by firozmusthafa View Post
    Just an update on my recent experiments with octane booster. I tried ferrocene 2gms in 10 liter gasoline along with plasma and it totally reduced the exhaust gas temperature by 60 percentage.

Ferrocene delays combustion till the spark ignition preventing detonation, resulting in tolerance for aggressive timing advance.

I am now running on 15:1 cylinder head. Without ferrocene, engine use to ping like a pig, now no one can tell its a 15:1 engine
    Runs much cooler and stronger.

Ferrocene - is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocene#Fuel_additives what you're talking about? The section explaining how it's used as a fuel additive cautions against spark plug fouling, so I'm curious as to how your plasma ignition fares over time with this.

How commonly available is this to you? I wouldn't begin to know where to look here in Canada for it, other than chemical supply houses

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Thanks for your help Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by RB176 View Post
    Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah
    Glad it's working good now. Should be losing much of anything with 30 ohms wires since most of the cap is bypassing the ignition cables anyway. Hope I understood you.

Leave a comment:

• RB176
    replied
    Aaron Murakami I have a question for you. I have a Plasma setup that is working but I’m not sure how much plasma spark I may have lost do to a plug wire change. I had a Granatelli plug wire with 14 gauge wire going to the plug boot but was getting a engine miss under load at higher RPMs. So I went to a msd plug wire because I thought maybe high EMI was effecting my msd box being mounted relatively close. I also replaced all leads with 20kv high voltage wire at the same time, (which I should have had from the start) and the miss stopped. So my question is that since the msd plug wire is showing 30 ohms versus 0 ohms of the Granatelli how much of a loss of spark energy am I sacrificing with that high of ohms? I never tried the Granatelli wire with the proper HV wire to see if the miss would have stopped with that alone. Thanks Jeremiah

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    Stock emissions reading vs plasma with ferrocene and high compression cylinder head emissions readings.

The new low on all available standards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGx...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMO...w?usp=drivesdk

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    Originally posted by Realtravel View Post
    Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply
    Are they non-resistor for sure?

Leave a comment:

• Realtravel
    replied
    Thanks Aaron, I will look for the tread, I am ordering them for my 3,800 lt v6, thanks for your reply

Leave a comment:

• firozmusthafa
    replied
    Just an update on my recent experiments with octane booster. I tried ferrocene 2gms in 10 liter gasoline along with plasma and it totally reduced the exhaust gas temperature by 60 percentage.

Ferrocene delays combustion till the spark ignition preventing detonation, resulting in tolerance for aggressive timing advance.

I am now running on 15:1 cylinder head. Without ferrocene, engine use to ping like a pig, now no one can tell its a 15:1 engine
    Runs much cooler and stronger.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Murakami
    replied
    I'm familiar with Brisk plugs, but have never used them. If you search this thread, you may find other comments about them.

Leave a comment:

• Realtravel
    replied
    Hey everyone, has anyone had anything to do with the Brand Brisk, they make a very interesting spark plug, I like the concept, let me know what you think
    https://briskaustralia.com.au/GR15SXC

Leave a comment:

• Faraday88
    replied
    Originally posted by ahGM View Post
    Hi,
    What do you think of these videos?
    What are the disadvantages?
    Thank you .

Using capacitors instead of a car battery for 3 years and counting!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzaLF5tFf88
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Replacing My Car Battery with Capacitors! 12V BoostPack Update
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    5x Super Capacitors Starts A Car 100F Allcingeye
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCfy3v4GKqM
    Excellent! Im not sure if that Maxwell board has it, but you can have individual RCD(Resistor-Capacitor-Diode) snubber circuits to protect the Supercaps fro the switching transients (Radiants) that will keep them going ideally. also protect those terminals from the environment form corrosion (much simpler than that for lead-acid batteries)
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Leave a comment:

• heysoundude
    replied
    Trust, but verify by doing your own research.
    Farads, Capacitance, how to build circuits with capacitors...
    incorporating small battery backup (like maybe some of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuZbFq25gE) to offset the natural drain of the caps is key, in my opinion, as is incorporating a small solar panel to trickle charge back up what gets lost (an amorphous dashboard solar "battery maintainer" would do it, 500mA or so...)
    a heated garage should offset losses and elimination of solar input...
    but this is off topic to this thread about plasma ignition...sorry mods

Leave a comment:

Working...
X