X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaro1776
    replied
    Hello Gary and Jules,

Thanks to both of you for sharing the information on this very interesting generator design. This is my first look at this and perhaps in the near future I can become more engaged - I have my motor project requiring my full attention. Be that as it may, I will look over all the info as time permits since the timing issue and solution would be very useful.

There are a number of experienced experimenters out there who are more familiar with the specifics - just a matter of time before they pick up on this.

Leave a comment:

• JulesP
    replied
    A bit of a recap would be helpful for those seeing this. As Gary has indicated all the relevant docs and images mentioned in the post are at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0y15dybr5...n2q6QhHCa?dl=0

Chapter 19 in Patrick Kelly's book 'PJKBook', and with the chapter being recently updated with the doc called 'Enhanced Generator', focused on a 'Bedini style' generator developed by someone in South Africa (who wishes to remain anonymous due to the government's distain for such work) that started with a design and which has evolved since (see 'Developer Design 1-6'). The version I picked was 'Developer Design 3' as I was trying to work with only one battery, that might be replaced by super capacitor module at a later time (but that's another journey!). It seemed a neat and doable project but the inductive Bedini style triggering was not effective due to the trigger current being so small and so it was recommended to switch to a Hall sensor with a design based on 'Developer Design 4' but modified to use only one battery which is showing in 'Revised Hall Circuit'.

However, despite what the 'developer' says should happen I can't get the rotor to maintain motion and with the current flowing in the coils at 7-8 amps, albeit intermittently, (the 5 coils in parallel give a resistance of about 1.7 ohms) the FET can get pretty hot. Interestingly the developer notes a resonance between the FET and the coils resulting in the FET oscillating between the pulses from the Hall sensor (see 'FET Resonance' pic). It is not clear whether this contributes to the forces on the rotor but for sure it will reduce the heating in the FET but lowering the average current. So far I have not found this and my pulses look like - 'FET Drain-Source Waveform'

I have written to him via Kelly about the analysis of the forces using a Hall sensor in contrast to the Bedini style trigger but have not heard back as I think they are away, but I'm trying to get a wider perspective and figure out if I need to tinker with the build to solve the problem or radically modify the build based on slightly different principles.

The device is currently in the state shown in the pic 'Current Config'. When I noted that the attraction to the combined coils 1-3 (at the front in the pic) was much stronger than to the other coil cores I reasoned and measured that the resistance of the 'lizted' coil was a lot less than the others so it took most of the current. So then, by joining the end of coil 1 to 2 etc, made the 3 coils effectively just one which evened up the resistance and the current induced attractive force. However this did not help the rotor to move so I started to look at the timing and rise and fall of the magnetisation etc and came to see that the rotor is not in a position to move as the coil current, once on, remains on for the duration of the rotor magnets transit passed the core where the sensor is. There is no polarity switching that needs to occur if it is running in repulsion mode and, if it's designed to run in attraction mode, then I would imagine the Hall trigger would need to be switched off just before TDC (core alignment) so that the rotors momentum can carry it onwards.

So there are various issues I am seeking perspectives on: firstly, if using the Hall sensor and FET circuit, how to get the position and timing of the sensor right to enable either repulsion or attraction mode to work to keep the rotor moving. Secondly, if defaulting to the earlier inductive triggering method, getting enough voltage/current in the trigger coil to operate the circuit. There may also be issues over using a single battery (the developer has had single battery versions working but maybe they are not as efficient. One of his later designs uses a timer based system to switch a source and a receiving batter every few mins).

Any help, experience or ideas would be most welcome. Jules
    Last edited by JulesP; 08-24-2018, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Hammond
    started a topic "Enhanced Generator" from JPKBook

"Enhanced Generator" from JPKBook

Hi All,

I'm starting a new thread for discussion of "A Small Self-Powered Generator" from chapt 19 of Patrick J Kelly's book found here. http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapter19.pdf

JulesP has replicated two of the circuits disclosed there and is having trouble getting them to trigger properly. Here are links to the two circuits.
    http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chap...e-fit,-312,842
    and http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chap...e-fit,-312,842

And here is a link to an album containing his builds. Very nice work. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0y15dybr5...n2q6QhHCa?dl=0
Working...
X